PDA

View Full Version : D-Mac vs Addison

Dry Rot
31-01-2007, 11:11 AM
How do you rate them against each other? IIRC D-Mac has been in the system a year longer.

And with cutthroat list manangement these days, could one of them be in trouble at the end of the season?

bulldogtragic
31-01-2007, 02:03 PM
D-Mac played 2 games i think last year. Personally he looked slow in pace and decision making and disposal was nothing great. Addison played a few too and looked fast, with good decision making and an excitement machine.

I think DMac is facing a cross roads. I dont see him making the team anytime soon as a midfielder of flanker. The only way i could see him staying is if he turns into a real negative tagger, still then his position is not assured.

DFA will be safe, and provide exciting times ahead.

GVGjr
31-01-2007, 04:13 PM
How do you rate them against each other? IIRC D-Mac has been in the system a year longer.

And with cutthroat list manangement these days, could one of them be in trouble at the end of the season?

A bit too early to tell. D-Mac has done OK but Addison exceeded some expectations.

D-Mac needs to find a few strings to his bow.

Go_Dogs
31-01-2007, 05:52 PM
It's really hard to gauge on their limited match time so far. Dmac was playing some good B's football and earnt his call up, whilst Addison was much the same. Addison looked the quicker player, and I feel he could be well suited to a half back flank role or something similar.

Dmac is a hard one, perhaps his best role would be a forward flank or pocket, however I haven't nearly seen enough of him to know much. He'll need a big year this year though to make sure he stays off the chopping block.

The Doctor
31-01-2007, 07:35 PM
D-Mac needs a really good season or else he will go the same way Brad Murphy did.

From what I have seen he will be lucky to last another season as I can't distinguish that he has skills superior to those above him in the queue for a senior position.

At the time of his drafting I was disappointed we took him ahead of young ruckman Ivan Maric, who found his way to the Crows a few picks later.

Dry Rot
31-01-2007, 07:52 PM
How has Maric gone at the Crows?

southerncross
31-01-2007, 08:23 PM
D-Mac played 2 games i think last year. Personally he looked slow in pace and decision making and disposal was nothing great. Addison played a few too and looked fast, with good decision making and an excitement machine.

I think DMac is facing a cross roads. I dont see him making the team anytime soon as a midfielder of flanker. The only way i could see him staying is if he turns into a real negative tagger, still then his position is not assured.

DFA will be safe, and provide exciting times ahead.

I agree that D-Mac has some work to do and when compared to Addison he just lacks that X Factor that young players need to have.

I also agree that Addison is safe. Hopefully he can crack it for 6 to 8 games.

Hard Ball Get
31-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Agree with most of what I have read above.
I think from what we have seen most would agree Addison has been more impressive. However they are both young and have more development ahead. I guess the question is will (D-Mac more so) either of them run out of time.

southerncross
31-01-2007, 08:44 PM
How has Maric gone at the Crows?

Are you suggesting a trade?

Personally I doubt that we will ever get him at the Dogs

Dry Rot
31-01-2007, 09:30 PM
No, just comparing his progress to that of D-Mac's.

Go_Dogs
01-02-2007, 10:26 AM
Maric played a few games last year and seemed to move ahead of Messen in the pecking order. He'll have to play a bit of senior football this year, given the Crows retirements and injuries, so expect to see a lot more of him. For a raw ruckmen, he was quite impressive w/o doing anything spectacular from the matches I saw. He was playing some good roles for Port Magpies in the SANFL aswell.