PDA

View Full Version : Captain

Dominator
03-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Who should be captain this year, Darcy how is coming back from a knee reco or Johnson how is a great leader of men?

The Coon Dog
03-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Johnno HAS been appointed Captain.

GVGjr
03-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Who should be captain this year, Darcy how is coming back from a knee reco or Johnson how is a great leader of men?

As TCD mentioned, Johnson has been named as Captain and we are fortunate to have so many good leaders at the club.
West, Darcy, Grant plus guys like Murphy, Giansiracusa and Cross round off an impressive leadership group.

alwaysadog
03-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Leadership is now a shared commodity and as others have noted we aren't exactly short of it. The Captain is more a media thing that both Johno and Darce are very good at.

bresker
04-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Johnno is a great captain. He's more of an onfield leader than I realised. At training he has a mark on the young blokes and then spends time explaining what they need to do to beat him, not that they usually can. He can be a prickly foul mouthed old terror when the need arises too. He smiles more than Rocket but they are cut from the same cloth.

alwaysadog
04-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Johnno is a great captain. He's more of an onfield leader than I realised. At training he has a mark on the young blokes and then spends time explaining what they need to do to beat him, not that they usually can. He can be a prickly foul mouthed old terror when the need arises too. He smiles more than Rocket but they are cut from the same cloth.

I agree but Darce does it too.

bresker
04-02-2007, 08:10 PM
True, but Darcy has spent a lot of time training away from group sessions. He's hardly appeared for the last couple or been doing one-on-one stuff with Campbell.

I think the club has made the right choice. Darcy would find it difficult to properly lead the side & get ready for round 1. Maybe after a run of ten games in the seniors he'd be alright to resume the role but I'd much rather bank on a safe bet like Johnno than go appointing temporary or rotating captians.

BulldogBelle
04-02-2007, 08:50 PM
As Darcy is slowly finding his way back into the team after his 2 ACL's, it was a very wise decision for him not to continue with the Captaincy role, my reasoning being only for the sole purpose for him to ease himself back in without the added pressure of captaining the side. Johnno, has been wonderful as Captain not only does he inspire his team mates but also the supporters.

Dominator
05-02-2007, 10:10 PM
I agree. Darcy should concentrate on getting himself right. Johnson has proven that He can do the job.

bornadog
05-02-2007, 11:35 PM
I agree. Darcy should concentrate on getting himself right. Johnson has proven that He can do the job.

Agree, Darcy needs to concentrate on getting back to the form he once had. Don't forget, the game has moved up a notch in the past two years, since he has been out.

As for Johnno, he has been a great Captain and don't forget he was named all Australian Captain as well.

LostDoggy
07-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Who do people think will be the next Captain?

I honestly believe it has already been sorted, with Gia to take charge next.

The Coon Dog
07-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Who do people think will be the next Captain?

I honestly believe it has already been sorted, with Gia to take charge next.

Most people's views are here:

The search for the next captain? (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=4277)