PDA

View Full Version : Foxtel/Free to Air Footy Rights finally settled

BulldogBelle
09-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Well as we all know by now, the TV broadcast rights have finally been settled. In the first 6 Rounds we have 3 games on Fox Sports. On Free to Air 3 games have been allocated - 2 on Channel 7 and 1 on Channel 10.

I enjoy watching pay TV live games, due to the no commercials factor whilst watching the game, I have booked Optus to come out and upgrade to Digital Service as I still have the analogue service, which will be shut down in May anyway. Is anyone that hasn’t got Pay tv contemplating on subscribing to Foxtel/Optus for the Footy?

bornadog
09-02-2007, 11:11 PM
I already have Foxtel iQ, which is fantastic, especially being able to record programmes, freeze live TV when you want to nip out or the kids start to annoy you in the middle of something. iQ has changed the way we watch TV and next week they are launching on demand, which means you can look ahead, see what is coming up and schedule to watch it when you want to watch.

BulldogBelle
10-02-2007, 02:42 PM
I already have Foxtel iQ, which is fantastic, especially being able to record programmes, freeze live TV when you want to nip out or the kids start to annoy you in the middle of something. iQ has changed the way we watch TV and next week they are launching on demand, which means you can look ahead, see what is coming up and schedule to watch it when you want to watch.

That sounds great, speaking with Optus today again, they have told me with Foxtel IQ, it will be free for 12 months after the upgrade to Digital then it is around $6.00 or so each month on top of the platinum package costs if I want to proceed with it. I also asked them whether any further Fox Footy shows would be brought back apart from the ones mentioned and they said it was a distinct possibility that White Line Fever may return aswell. Hope so, that was one of my favourites on the Footy Channel. All in all, the saving switching over to digital from analogue is around $ 25.00 a month and plenty more channels to choose from.

westdog54
12-02-2007, 11:51 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the only reason I would get Foxtel would be for the football, which is simply not value for money. There are plenty of pubs I could go to to watch games on Fox that I couldn't go to myself. And for me, that's just fine, I love the pub atmosphere for watching sporting events.

bulldogtragic
12-02-2007, 12:19 PM
I don't watch a massive amount of TV and dont have kids. It's tempting, but if i go to 11 games, and say of the rest 6 or 7 are on Foxtel - I'd be paying $40-60 per moth for 6 or 7 games. Just not worth it when as westdog says you can have same on-tap beer and watch it with some atmosphere.

LostDoggy
12-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Totally rapt that Foxtel has got the rights again, have recently upgraded to digital. NAB cup is not far away. Bring on the football.

bornadog
12-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Totally rapt that Foxtel has got the rights again, have recently upgraded to digital. NAB cup is not far away. Bring on the football.

If you go to Foxtel.com.au and click TV Guide, then sign up for it, you will be able to select and programme any shows you want through the internet. Once you press confirm it will be sent to your digital box. So if your at work and forgot to record a show, just go to the internet and programme it. Its great stuff and you can do it I think about two weeks ahead. It will be great during the footy season, but also for any other shows you want to record.

LostDoggy
14-02-2007, 07:14 PM
If you go to Foxtel.com.au and click TV Guide, then sign up for it, you will be able to select and programme any shows you want through the internet. Once you press confirm it will be sent to your digital box. So if your at work and forgot to record a show, just go to the internet and programme it. Its great stuff and you can do it I think about two weeks ahead. It will be great during the footy season, but also for any other shows you want to record.

That's for IQ isn't it? I upgraded to digital a while ago but didn't go for the IQ feature - great though it sounds - because of the additional monthly charge. I have 3 connections in the house and it would have been getting quite expensive. Maybe one day when the kids have left the nest. Waiting, waiting ....

Twodogs
14-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Are 3 going to have a similiar thing with footy that they had with cricket this year? IE For a monthly charge, I think it was 5 bucks a month on top of your normal phone charges, you can watch footy on your 3 phone?

BulldogBelle
14-02-2007, 07:48 PM
That's for IQ isn't it? I upgraded to digital a while ago but didn't go for the IQ feature - great though it sounds - because of the additional monthly charge. I have 3 connections in the house and it would have been getting quite expensive. Maybe one day when the kids have left the nest. Waiting, waiting ....

They are coming round to my place tomorrow to change over from analogue and upgrade to digital. We have been given the IQ feature for 12 months free and then if we want to continue with it - it will cost an additional $6.00 a month. Like you MsBulldog we have 3 connections in the house.

LostDoggy
14-02-2007, 09:47 PM

Yeah, I have the IQ, still haven't figured out how to work it properly but will have it down pat before the footy starts.