PDA

View Full Version : The Bulldog Squad vs the Lions

GVGjr
28-02-2007, 08:57 PM
This from Footygoss (http://www.footygoss.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=32122&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0)

Star Western Bulldogs midfielder Adam Cooney has not made the Dogs squad for their NAB Cup quarter-final against Brisbane, despite being available after a bout of osteitis pubis.

Nathan Eagleton, Dale Morris and Ryan Hargrave have been included in the Dogs squad, while defender Jason Roe has been named for the Lions after knee problems in the off-season.

Western Bulldogs

Dylan Addison, Travis Baird, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross, Nathan Eagleton, Andrejs Everitt, Cameron Faulkner, Daniel Giansiracusa, Lindsay Gilbee, Jarrod Harbrow, Ryan Hargrave, Brian Harris, Shaun Higgins, Josh Hill, Malcolm Lynch, Damien McCormack, Andrew McDougall, Jordan McMahon, Will Minson, Brett Montgomery, Dale Morris, Marty Pask, Sam Power, Farren Ray, Matthew Robbins, Wayde Skipper, Scott West, Cameron Wight

Brisbane Lions

Ben Fixter, Scott Harding, Luke Power, Jed Adcock, Tim Notting, Ashley McGrath, Matthew Moody, Justin Sherman, James Hawksley, Chris Schmidt, Matthew Tyler, Jared Brennan, Jamie Charman, Simon Black, Daniel Merrett, Joel Patfull, Wayde Mills, Jason Roe, Robert Copeland, Cameron Wood, Cheynee Stiller, Michael Rischitelli, Sam Sheldon, Will Hamill, Marcus Allan, Beau McDonald, Daniel Dzufer, Colm Begley

GVGjr
28-02-2007, 08:59 PM
So what does everyone think? With no Johnson, Griffen or Akermanis will it be a struggle or a convincing win?

Does Westy captain the team or does it go to one of the young leaders like Cross or Giansiracusa?

BulldogBelle
28-02-2007, 09:05 PM
So what does everyone think? With no Johnson, Griffen or Akermanis will it be a struggle or a convincing win?

I think we will win not by a great deal, but nevertheless a win! We are so used to playing undermanned of late because of injuries, so I don't think they will be too worried about having all our stars missing.

bulldogtragic
28-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Who are the 4 to miss?

Perhaps Dmac, Pask, Monty, Robbins?

Or rotate the kids around?

LostDoggy
28-02-2007, 09:52 PM
We should win this game convincingly the dogs will be right at home at TD. After the slog match that Brisbane had last week I think they just may be a little too tired. Well I hope so anyway.

bornadog
28-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Should win but not by a big score and Westy will Captain

Dry Rot
01-03-2007, 12:42 AM
In a variety of positions, it is a game where a number of lesser players can stand up and be counted.

Interesting test.

W W Biscuit
01-03-2007, 07:14 PM
At its current stage of list development, Brisbane doesn't need too many regulars missing to take on a depleted look. However weakened the Doggies look, I think that Brissie appear less potent. Add a dash of home ground advantage and I think we should prevail.

It's hard to say - at this stage of the pre-season - whether we should have the fresher legs though. Brisbane's program has apparently been intensive, and their fitness may be slightly better primed for an assault on this competition than ours. That would be my biggest point of caution.

westdog54
01-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Did I read the top line correctly? Cooney is now available for selection?

GVGjr
01-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Did I read the top line correctly? Cooney is now available for selection?

I think the plan is to play him with Werribee first

Dry Rot
01-03-2007, 08:58 PM
At its current stage of list development, Brisbane doesn't need too many regulars missing to take on a depleted look. However weakened the Doggies look, I think that Brissie appear less potent. Add a dash of home ground advantage and I think we should prevail.

It's hard to say - at this stage of the pre-season - whether we should have the fresher legs though. Brisbane's program has apparently been intensive, and their fitness may be slightly better primed for an assault on this competition than ours. That would be my biggest point of caution.

Lions looked pumped after their victory last week. Dunno how they'll pull up though.

BulldogBelle
01-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Lions looked pumped after their victory last week. Dunno how they'll pull up though.

Guess we will find out soon enough although you would think that they would be a little leg weary after their last game.

alwaysadog
02-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Don't know about this one. Too much expectation may lead to complacency. Hope our boys come to play tonight and not to bask in some ill fated sense of their own importance. We will get a much better idea of Eade's intentions with the initial match ups. If he rest too many regulars it won't bode well.

Dry Rot
02-03-2007, 01:13 PM
A lions victory wouldn't surprise me - I reckon they'll come out all guns blazing. However, I reckon last week's slog may do them in the last quarter.

LostDoggy
03-03-2007, 07:57 AM
A lions victory wouldn't surprise me - I reckon they'll come out all guns blazing. However, I reckon last week's slog may do them in the last quarter.
Pretty close to the mark although they didn't tire in the last quarter.Might be a fair bit fitter at this stage than us I suspect.

Dry Rot
03-03-2007, 12:12 PM
I seem to be one of the few that rated their chances.

BulldogBelle
03-03-2007, 01:13 PM

Yes, looks that way. I think our game was so hyped up that we wouldn't entertain the idea of losing this game. Anyway, it is the pre-season NAB Cup a lot of new kids trialled and better the loss now than later.

alwaysadog
04-03-2007, 10:48 AM

You were as usual quite prescient, mind you I indicated concern.