View Full Version : Good initiative?

southerncross
20-03-2007, 06:50 AM
This one seems to be a good idea.

Thoughts?

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?p=3312#post3312

firstdogonthemoon
20-03-2007, 09:34 AM
I disagree - its not a good idea, its a great idea! Firstly - its an idea - Hooray! This is the sort of stuff you need much more of. Give the supporters something to exercise our mob mentality. I hate to say it but I think we could take some more ideas from the US football supporters.

Does anyone have a dog suit I could borrow? I would love to have a dog suit. Like that Wilfred guy on SBS.

Anyway I shall buy a towel as well.

It certainly looks - good when I watched the world series - I think it was the cardinals supporters who whizzed towelly things. Its a bit hitch hikers guide - but I am all over it.

southerncross
20-03-2007, 09:48 AM
A lot of the American sports do it.
I have seen the Cheese heads and the fake tomahawk just to name two.
This sort of thing blends into the whole WOOF thread idea which is aimed at creating a bit of additional atmosphere at the game.

A few years back I loved the dogs barking noise after every goal we kicked. Of course the AFL stopped that but it added a fair bit to the game as far as I was concerned.

firstdogonthemoon
20-03-2007, 11:46 AM
A few years back I loved the dogs barking noise after every goal we kicked. Of course the AFL stopped that but it added a fair bit to the game as far as I was concerned.

I beg your pardon? The AFL stopped what? How? I missed that whole thing, please explain.

southerncross
20-03-2007, 01:12 PM
I beg your pardon? The AFL stopped what? How? I missed that whole thing, please explain.

When we were playing at Optus Oval, after every goal we kicked over the audio they would play the barking sound loudly.
We kicked 10 goals in a quarter and after that I think the AFL decided to stop it. Penrith use to have a panther growl after very try around the same time but probably a year to two before.

Go_Dogs
20-03-2007, 01:23 PM
When we were playing at Optus Oval, after every goal we kicked over the audio they would play the barking sound loudly.
We kicked 10 goals in a quarter and after that I think the AFL decided to stop it. Penrith use to have a panther growl after very try around the same time but probably a year to two before.

I always liked the WOOF WOOF WOOF thing. I still do it watching games on TV in my living room.

alwaysadog
20-03-2007, 05:55 PM
I always liked the WOOF WOOF WOOF thing. I still do it watching games on TV in my living room.

Does the cat leave home?

GVGjr
20-03-2007, 07:46 PM

Shame we couldn't get you to a few games here to kick start the crowd. Between you an FDOTM you could whip the crowd into a frenzy in no time.

Dry Rot
20-03-2007, 08:53 PM

Same here.

Didn't go down well with the Tigers fans at the pub Rd 1 last year - I almost ran out of WOOFs.