PDA

View Full Version : Game day - Bulldogs vs Saints

GVGjr
14-04-2007, 09:04 AM
This is the discussion thread for tonights game.

Who's you tip to kick the first goal for us? I got Murphy right last week and will go with Higgins this week.

Bulldog Revolution
14-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Adam Cooney with the first goal, mark and goal set shot, 40 out slight angle - i'm channeling the spirits here

Topdog
14-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Hopefully Johnno will get the first on his way to a big game. This game worries me.

Bulldog Revolution
14-04-2007, 10:31 AM
Hopefully Johnno will get the first on his way to a big game. This game worries me.

They've been on top of us for a few years now and so the game tonight presents a big challenge - Gehrig and Riewoldt present headaches for any defence, we must be better at the centre square and stoppages - they have convincingly beat us there in our previous meetings. And we need our forward movements to be better.

Saints have to be favourites IMO

GVGjr
14-04-2007, 10:39 AM
They've been on top of us for a few years now and so the game tonight presents a big challenge - Gehrig and Riewoldt present headaches for any defence, we must be better at the centre square and stoppages - they have convincingly beat us there in our previous meetings. And we need our forward movements to be better.

Saints have to be favourites IMO

We just have to start this game well as a way of curbing Gehrig and Riewoldt. I get the feeling that the Saints really don't respect us as a quality club and a win tonight might start to change that perception.

Our midfield is the key.

LostDoggy
14-04-2007, 11:05 AM
We just have to start this game well as a way of curbing Gehrig and Riewoldt. I get the feeling that the Saints really don't respect us as a quality club and a win tonight might start to change that perception.

Our midfield is the key.

I concur with your feeling that the Saints don't rate us much. I know it's a new coach, but remember when Thomas started Hayes on the bench a few years ago? We won that day at the G. I believe we have the team to beat St Kilda (especially with their current injuries) but it will all come down to intensity (when doesn't it). Saints will be looking to redeem their poor performance last week, coupled with their innate belief they can beat us. Our boys will just have to have a better steely resolve. Surely last week's capitulation to Adelaide will shake away any complacency. Eade should be sharper too.

Who thinks McDougall will play and not Street?

LostDoggy
14-04-2007, 11:06 AM
And Cooney to kick the first goal.

GVGjr
14-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Surely last week's capitulation to Adelaide will shake away any complacency. Eade should be sharper too.

I'm not sure last weeks effort was anything to do with complacency but the players do need to execute the game plan better.

I don't think Doogs will play but three ruckman is a surprise unless Darcy is going to be the key forward for the better part of 4 quarters.

bornadog
14-04-2007, 11:26 AM
Our midfield is the key.

Absolutley, they have to be accountable and stop the flow to Gehrig and Riewoldt and pumpo the ball to our forwards.

Cooney first goal.

bornadog
14-04-2007, 11:28 AM

I don't think so, the way Eade was talking on SEN he thought McDougall was lacking confidence. He hardly touched the ball last week and dropped a sitter mark in front of goal.

The Bulldogs Bite
14-04-2007, 01:46 PM
I get the feeling that the Saints really don't respect us as a quality club and a win tonight might start to change that perception.

Very valid point. I agree wholeheartedly.

The perception from their perspective is definitely one of "they have it over us." Which lately they do, but I sense they don't respect us entirely either.

We need to be real hard and tough in that midfield and our defensive game has to be right on. If we chase, tackle, smother and apply immense defensive pressure, they won't be able to get anywhere near us offensively.

Bulldog Revolution
14-04-2007, 02:08 PM

Our midfield is the key.

Its going to be an interesting start, given that St Kilda are trying to be the new Swans and bottle the game up, but I am not sure the game can be bottled up as easily at Telstra

The Saints have no reason to respect us, as we have given them no reason, we just haven't beaten them enough to make them respect us

I am sure they think they would have rolled over us last year in the finals

Topdog
16-04-2007, 11:40 PM

Johnno got the 1st goal. Had a fairly big game and we got thumped. What do I win?

BulldogBelle
17-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Did you all happen to hear the St Kilda supporters booing Gia everytime he touched the ball?

firstdogonthemoon
18-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Did you all happen to hear the St Kilda supporters booing Gia everytime he touched the ball?

Yes.

Bunch of sooks.

They are all supposed to be such hard men.

I have been harrased at work because Brian Harris is "a thug".

I laugh.

haha