PDA

View Full Version : What Changes ROUND 5?

bornadog
23-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Possible availables this week are:

Montgomery
Cross
Power
Aker

Do we make changes this week? What about Harbrow and Williams, do they get another go?

Go_Dogs
23-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Cross - Out till Round 7 as I understand it.

Monty, Aker and Power will all be very close.

I expect Harbrow to lose his spot, and possibly one or some of Addison, Robbins or Williams to lose their spots too. Whoever they are, they're unlucky, however Aker, Monty and Power certainly add a lot to our side.

Hahn is the other interesting one. If Crossy is out for an extended duration, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Hahn back in earlier than first expected.

bornadog
24-04-2007, 02:18 PM
Just heard Eade on SEN and he said Aker will play, Power and Cross are also available

Sockeye Salmon
24-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Just heard Eade on SEN and he said Aker will play, Power and Cross are also available

Then the three kids should go back to Werribee.

GVGjr
24-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Then the three kids should go back to Werribee.

Addison, Harbrow and Williams? Would we try and keep Williams in for another week because we need to groom another key defender?

Go_Dogs
24-04-2007, 07:23 PM
It's very difficult to know who'll miss out this week. Wouldn't be surprised for either of the kids to get another run - I thought all did OK, Addison being the best of them. He'll be unlucky to miss, and I have a feeling that Williams could get another run again this week too.

southerncross
24-04-2007, 08:03 PM
It's very difficult to know who'll miss out this week. Wouldn't be surprised for either of the kids to get another run - I thought all did OK, Addison being the best of them. He'll be unlucky to miss, and I have a feeling that Williams could get another run again this week too.

It will be interesting to see how many of the youngsters they preserver with if all the more experienced guys are available. I think Williams is the most likely but Addison hasn't done anything wrong either.
Eade will be keen to keep the winning momentum so Sockeye might be right that the three youngsters return to the Bees.

Dry Rot
24-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Surely they'd keep Harbrow after elevating him?

BulldogBelle
24-04-2007, 10:07 PM

Providing that they are all set and ready to play, I would like to see those three back in the side, downside is three others to go out of the team which is always difficult to cull after a win. But best available players first and formost - we need to beat the Hawks and be at the 3-2 mark.

Bulldog Revolution
24-04-2007, 10:29 PM
Hard to know what they will do, You would think Aker would come in for Harbrow, who was quite handy on debut - you'd have to get the feeling that Harbrow will be added to the main list for next year or at least still with us as a rookie

I agree with Sth Cross that blooding another key defender in Williams is an important priority and I like the blooding of Addison as the running small defensive/midfielder type

Cross would be a certainty to be selected if fit though surely, particularly with Mitchell to matchup on this week

southerncross
24-04-2007, 10:31 PM
Surely they'd keep Harbrow after elevating him?

If the players are coming back my guess is that the temptation is to bring them into the line-up and let Harbrow have a run with the Bees.

Go_Dogs
25-04-2007, 11:13 AM
With the amount of running players coming back in I think Harbrow will miss this week too. He'll certainly be expected to play a role again as the season wears on I would expect.

Sockeye Salmon
26-04-2007, 01:23 PM
Williams has heaps of learning to do and at this stage he's better off playing 100 minutes for Werribee than 40 minutes with the Dogs.

bornadog
26-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Cross,Power and Akermanis in for the bulldogs, no outs yet

GVGjr
26-04-2007, 06:12 PM
Cross,Power and Akermanis in for the bulldogs, no outs yet

Who would you give a spell to? Robbins, Harbrow and Williams?

alwaysadog
26-04-2007, 08:13 PM

It's a real quandry. Depends on the match ups Eade wants. Now that Williams is out for the Hawks I actually think he might give our Williams another run at Power's expense, not that Power hasn't earnt his place I just feel he will give him at least one more game to find his feet. I think because of Hawthorn's hardness and stopping ability he will plump for Robbins over Harbrow, but who makes way for Aker?

Bulldog Revolution
26-04-2007, 08:15 PM

I am loathe to drop Robbins, I thought it was no coincidence that with Darcy, Murphy and Robbins all firing suddenly our forward line was functioning better than it has all season. I just think Robbins adds a lot, he is a brilliant set shot for goal, and I thought he was too good on Friday night to be dropped

I think Aker takes Harbrows role which is unfortunate for the kid, but Aker will need a good player minding him, so having him in the side stretches any team.

Addison was better in his second game and will also be unfortunate to miss. On form Williams should go out, but not sure what Eade has in mind, and Tommys 1 dynamic piece of play looked super

bulldogtragic
26-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Wet and blustery conditions, cant see what Tommy will add.

Power should come back for him.

Aker for Jarod and Cross for DFA.

Tough calls, but with a good list, get used to it.

alwaysadog
26-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Wet and blustery conditions, cant see what Tommy will add.

Power should come back for him.

Aker for Jarod and Cross for DFA.

Tough calls, but with a good list, get used to it.

Had forgotten we were back at the G and assuming it's going to be greasy, this makes a difference; would put harder bodies and experience in. Power for Williams, Aker for Harbrow and Cross for Addison. All the deletions will get heaps of chances before the end of the season.

bornadog
26-04-2007, 11:13 PM
I don't think Power will come up this week. Rohan Smith mentioned on Fox Teams that he was doubtful. I think harbrow will be dropped for Aker and if Cross is fit, Addison may be the unlucky one.

bornadog
28-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Official

Addison, Williams and Harbrow out

Power, Aker and Cross in.

BulldogBelle
28-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Harbrow, Williams and Addison all played for the Bees today, so no changes tomorrow and Aker, Cross and Power will all play.