PDA

View Full Version : What changes Round 6?

Dry Rot
29-04-2007, 04:00 PM
If we lose Hargrave, who will come in?

southerncross
29-04-2007, 05:13 PM
If we lose Hargrave, who will come in?

Probably Williams. There is much else available in the Bees at the moment.

Bulldog Revolution
29-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Werribee were on the box on Saturday arvo and Tommy did not set the world on fire by any stretch of the imagination. Im inclined to think he is better off learning the caper at a VFL level at this stage

Go_Dogs
29-04-2007, 09:07 PM
If Hargrave misses I would expect Williams to come back in.

GVGjr
29-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Werribee were on the box on Saturday arvo and Tommy did not set the world on fire by any stretch of the imagination. Im inclined to think he is better off learning the caper at a VFL level at this stage

You are probably right but what other options do we have? Perhaps Monty will be available

Go_Dogs
29-04-2007, 09:45 PM
You are probably right but what other options do we have? Perhaps Monty will be available

Good call, I overlooked Monty.

LostDoggy
29-04-2007, 10:55 PM
None. Only if there is are injuries.
This isn't BF and what happened today was not the end of the world even though some on BF might think it.

bornadog
30-04-2007, 09:01 AM
I would like to see another tall defender in but we don't really have any one ready. Williams is still learning the game, Everitt was good in the Bees, but at 18 years old I wouldn't be bringing him up yet and there really isn't anyone else. Doogs, I believe didn't do much on Saturday, but I read that Marty Pask did well in the backline, but he is a rookie.

Wight looked a bit lost against the Hawks and his Stats read 1 kick, he really needs to pull his socks up this week.

Therefore, baring any injuries, no change

Topdog
30-04-2007, 09:03 AM
Hopefully none. IF Shaggy is injured bring in Monty or perhaps Hahn but I'd like to wait another week for Mitch.

If Darcy gets suspended then it's either Skipper or Street and neither did that well on the weekend.

The Coon Dog
02-05-2007, 04:32 AM
Street will come in tho I'm not too sure who he'll replace & Harbrow to come in for Robbo.

bornadog
02-05-2007, 12:42 PM
I don't believe Robbo will be dropped, but wouldn't be surprised if Street came in to play against Cox. Who will be dropped for Street, tough one.

Mantis
02-05-2007, 02:23 PM
I think Robbo will be a Bee this week.

I think he has to be replaced in the senior team by Harbrow. Robbins has played 3 games for just 11 kicks and only 3 goals playing solely as a FP. I know playing as a small forward can be tough due to limited opporunities, but this output isn't enough to keep out a young & upcoming player like Harbrow.

southerncross
02-05-2007, 03:21 PM
I think he has to be replaced in the senior team by Harbrow. Robbins has played 3 games for just 11 kicks and only 3 goals playing solely as a FP. I know playing as a small forward can be tough due to limited opporunities, but this output isn't enough to keep out a young & upcoming player like Harbrow.

Would Addison be a better inclusion allowing Gia to play the samll forward position?

Mantis
02-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Would Addison be a better inclusion allowing Gia to play the samll forward position?

Different proposition altogether, I think Harbrow brings to the team some needed pace to the forward line, crumbing ability, tackling and goal sense. I think Gia is best used as a lead up player in the vein of Murf to provide options for the midfield and running defenders.

This week is a big test for Gia, his article pre-season about his search for consistency has so far been way off the mark. He spoke about watching the final vs WCE and learning a lot from it, I will be taking special note of his game and watching closely for his impact and to see if what he learnt he puts into practice. I know I learnt alot about him in this game, lets see if he has changed.

GVGjr
02-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Different proposition altogether, I think Harbrow brings to the team some needed pace to the forward line, crumbing ability, tackling and goal sense. I think Gia is best used as a lead up player in the vein of Murf to provide options for the midfield and running defenders.

I'm not sure that Harbrow is a great crumber that some think he is but it's not a bad idea at all.

This week is a big test for Gia, his article pre-season about his search for consistency has so far been way off the mark. He spoke about watching the final vs WCE and learning a lot from it, I will be taking special note of his game and watching closely for his impact and to see if what he learnt he puts into practice. I know I learnt alot about him in this game, lets see if he has changed.

Gia hasn't come up like he should have and over the next couple of weeks he must start to run into some good form. He is a leader at the club and must start playing like one.

bornadog
02-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Gia hasn't come up like he should have and over the next couple of weeks he must start to run into some good form. He is a leader at the club and must start playing like one.

He has been dissapointing and maybe he needs to be dropped. As I have stated before, all we need from Robbo is 2 goals per week and maybe a couple extra here and there, ie to kick about 50 for the year, plus chase and tackle. You can't have everyone as a super star and not many players kick 50 goals a year. Robbo can.

Mantis
03-05-2007, 09:08 AM
As I have stated before, all we need from Robbo is 2 goals per week and maybe a couple extra here and there, ie to kick about 50 for the year, plus chase and tackle. You can't have everyone as a super star and not many players kick 50 goals a year. Robbo can.

Dont wont to bash up on Robbo too much but I think he needs a spell...

3 games for 11 kicks, 2 tackles and 3 goals is probably not enough to keep his spot.

I understand not everyone can have 20 possessions a game, etc.. but I think we need more output from this small forward position.

Go_Dogs
03-05-2007, 10:42 AM
It's a tough one. Between Higgins, Akermanis and Cooney we have 3 reasonably good guys who can rotate through that small forward spot. Robbins, plays as more of a marking forward though, leading up inside the F50. Harbrow was playing mainly across the F50 and out further, getting some kicks up near the wing, as well as playing a crumbing sort of role in the F50. Faulkner is another who could perhaps offer something as a forward/midfield rotation.

It's interesting. If Murphy, Darcy, Cooney, Johnson all continue to kick goals, we might not need a Robbins type player, however his strengths obviously extend beyond his good goal kicking ability to his defensive pressure too. Faulkner and Harbrow are both reasonably quick, Harbrow performed well with his chasing and tackling in his debut game, and we all know how hard Faulkner is at the contest and at the body.

I'd personally like to see one of the young lads in Faulkner or Harbrow get a bit of an extended run in the team to show what they can do. I feel that by seasons end, they could both overtake Robbins if given the proper opportunities. It's a tough call though, as Robbins had an excellent year last year, although again had many quiet weeks. Tough call. Glad I'm not on the selection panel at the moment.

bornadog
03-05-2007, 01:26 PM
It's a tough one. Between Higgins, Akermanis and Cooney we have 3 reasonably good guys who can rotate through that small forward spot. Robbins, plays as more of a marking forward though, leading up inside the F50. Harbrow was playing mainly across the F50 and out further, getting some kicks up near the wing, as well as playing a crumbing sort of role in the F50. Faulkner is another who could perhaps offer something as a forward/midfield rotation.

It's interesting. If Murphy, Darcy, Cooney, Johnson all continue to kick goals, we might not need a Robbins type player, however his strengths obviously extend beyond his good goal kicking ability to his defensive pressure too. Faulkner and Harbrow are both reasonably quick, Harbrow performed well with his chasing and tackling in his debut game, and we all know how hard Faulkner is at the contest and at the body.

I'd personally like to see one of the young lads in Faulkner or Harbrow get a bit of an extended run in the team to show what they can do. I feel that by seasons end, they could both overtake Robbins if given the proper opportunities. It's a tough call though, as Robbins had an excellent year last year, although again had many quiet weeks. Tough call. Glad I'm not on the selection panel at the moment.

I am a Robbo fan but admit he hasn't done much todate, he did have an interrupted preseason. I would give him one more week and see how he goes.

Agree Faulkner needs to come in at some stage so we can see if he is really up to AFL level. He has been doing well in the BEES.

bornadog
03-05-2007, 07:19 PM
OFFiCIAL
Robbo out
Addison in

Dry Rot
03-05-2007, 08:51 PM
OFFiCIAL
Robbo out
Addison in

Is this a minor change or does it signal a bit of a changed set-up for this game?

Go_Dogs
03-05-2007, 09:16 PM
I think it will free up another defender to possibly spend more time in the middle. I personally don't think Addison will get a tagging role, however stranger things have happened.

Dry Rot
03-05-2007, 09:53 PM
How do we stop Kerr? This year so far Kerr > Judd IMO.

bornadog
03-05-2007, 11:00 PM
I think it will free up another defender to possibly spend more time in the middle. I personally don't think Addison will get a tagging role, however stranger things have happened.

According to Eade needed a player than can run a bit on a big ground and also mentioned Addison has some tricks in his bag. Maybe he will tag Kerr?

Go_Dogs
04-05-2007, 08:48 AM
Could be an interesting move if he does tag Kerr. Personally I don't think he'd be able to run out the game anywhere near as Kerr at this stage. Ray would be my first choice I guess...but either way, I don't think stopping them will be too effective.

Bulldog Revolution
04-05-2007, 10:15 AM
According to Eade needed a player than can run a bit on a big ground and also mentioned Addison has some tricks in his bag. Maybe he will tag Kerr?

I watched the VFL game a second time and Addison was better than I had initially thought, I think him tagging Kerr is certainly a good step for his development. Kerr is an excellent role model for running hard and playing with amazing intensity so if that rubs off on the boy Dylan its all good

Sockeye Salmon
04-05-2007, 11:04 AM
I watched the VFL game a second time and Addison was better than I had initially thought, I think him tagging Kerr is certainly a good step for his development. Kerr is an excellent role model for running hard and playing with amazing intensity so if that rubs off on the boy Dylan its all good

I watched the first half again last night paying particular attention to Addison, Everitt, Faulkner and Harbrow.

By half time Addison had 6 possesions and other than 1 good mark cutting off Morrell's lead didn't do a lot.

Everitt also had 6 possesions but the were all effective and clean (and uncontested). He did make 1 mistake where he overran the ball that led directly to a Preston goal.

Faulkner had 9 possesions but 3 led to turnovers (1 was a long bomb to HF that was maked by Preston, the other two were both under pressure as he kicked - 1 OOB and 1 marked by them).

Harbrow had 8 possesions and two goals (1 x Joe the Goose). Had more of it than I thought watching it live and was actually really good. 3-4 HBG and 1 hangar.

southerncross
04-05-2007, 12:50 PM
I watched the first half again last night paying particular attention to Addison, Everitt, Faulkner and Harbrow.

By half time Addison had 6 possesions and other than 1 good mark cutting off Morrell's lead didn't do a lot.

Everitt also had 6 possesions but the were all effective and clean (and uncontested). He did make 1 mistake where he overran the ball that led directly to a Preston goal.

Faulkner had 9 possesions but 3 led to turnovers (1 was a long bomb to HF that was maked by Preston, the other two were both under pressure as he kicked - 1 OOB and 1 marked by them).

Harbrow had 8 possesions and two goals (1 x Joe the Goose). Had more of it than I thought watching it live and was actually really good. 3-4 HBG and 1 hangar.

Do you think Harbrow might have been a better addition?

Raw Toast
04-05-2007, 01:44 PM

Interesting read Sockeye be keen to see the second half comparison as well. Did Fualkner play off the back flank in the first half? I think he did in the second half and came into the game more, still some loose disposals from memory but started to give a fair bit of drive as well.

I think Harbrow is shaping like a really good pick up atm but can understand that Addison might be more useful if he has a bigger engine atm (which I presume he does). I think our game plan with the Weagles is to try and run them off their feet and the move of Addison in for Robbins allows for that. Also not like we are starving for crumbers with Higgins and Aker in the side.

If Harbrow keeps up that form he'll demand a place soon enough. He's got the exciting things (even hangers as well as goose-steps), but it's his hardness that I really like. Seems to do a few of the smaller things as well as the attention-grabbing plays.

I like Everitt's cleaness and general calmness. Can certainly see him slotting into a hbf role sometime this season. Not the type yet to break a game open or really impose himself on the game, more contribute with good spoils and deft touches.

Sockeye Salmon
04-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Do you think Harbrow might have been a better addition?

I've only watched the first half this closely (I watched the game at the time without specifically concentrating on a few players) but up to half time Harbrow had been the better performed of the two, however ...

Addison was in at the centre bounces in the second quarter so he might have been tagging someone, on the TV it's difficult to tell. I didn't notice any Preston player tear it up early and then go out of it, but they might have. This would have strengthened his claims to a spot this week.

Raw Toast,

Faulkner was indeed playing off halfback.

What impressed me most about Harbrow is that while he certainly does the spectacular, he is a lot better at doing the mundane than I thought.

Everitt will be very good one day.

Raw Toast
04-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Raw Toast,

Faulkner was indeed playing off halfback.

What impressed me most about Harbrow is that while he certainly does the spectacular, he is a lot better at doing the mundane than I thought.

Everitt will be very good one day.

That's why I was hoping Harbrow would be elevated Sockeye - obviously I liked his dash and take-them-on attitude, but it was his competing for the ball and pressuring of the opposition that excited me. If he keeps up the mundane then he'll force his way in I reckon.

Quietly excited about Everitt. Despite his hair he seems to play fairly no-fuss footy. What did you think of his decision-making? My sense was that he spotted a good option early and used it well (as a rule).

Faulkner's best chance of making it is as a running hbf imo.

Sockeye Salmon
04-05-2007, 03:49 PM
That's why I was hoping Harbrow would be elevated Sockeye - obviously I liked his dash and take-them-on attitude, but it was his competing for the ball and pressuring of the opposition that excited me. If he keeps up the mundane then he'll force his way in I reckon.

Quietly excited about Everitt. Despite his hair he seems to play fairly no-fuss footy. What did you think of his decision-making? My sense was that he spotted a good option early and used it well (as a rule).

Faulkner's best chance of making it is as a running hbf imo.

Agree with all that. With Gilbee and McMahon ahead of him, Faulkner has his work cut out if that's going to be his role.

bornadog
04-05-2007, 04:47 PM

I pretty sure Eade has a specific role for him, they have big raps on this kid.