PDA

View Full Version : Dogs close to Hall deal

The Coon Dog
23-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Mark Stevens | September 24, 2009 12:00am

BARRY Hall is on the brink of joining the Western Bulldogs after being offered a two-year deal.

Although the Bulldogs have remained low-key publicly, club powerbrokers, chief executive Campbell Rose and president David Smorgon, have met Hall.

It is understood Hall has been wooed at the Toorak home of Smorgon in similar style to Jason Akermanis three years ago.

Article in full... (http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/afl/story/0,27046,26116951-5016169,00.html)

Rocco Jones
23-09-2009, 11:19 PM
Yay!!! :)

LostDoggy
23-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Like it.

LostDoggy
23-09-2009, 11:23 PM
Yewwwwww bazzaaaaaaaa!

Rocco Jones
23-09-2009, 11:25 PM
I am very excited by this news, mainly due to it being a great mask for my prelim pain.

hujsh
23-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Once you get into Smorgo's house you're a dog for life

The Coon Dog
23-09-2009, 11:59 PM
Caroline Wilson | September 24, 2009

BARRY Hall and Jason Akermanis look set to join forces on the Western Bulldogs forward line next season with Hall now certain to be offered a two-year deal and Akermanis expected to play on. Hall has told Sydney that he wants to resume his playing career and has nominated the Bulldogs as his club of choice.

Hall to join Bulldogs (http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/hall-to-join-bulldogs/2009/09/23/1253385038089.html)

LostDoggy
24-09-2009, 12:30 AM
If, as expected, Hall announces the Bulldogs as his No. 1 choice, the club will work with Sydney to strike a deal. It may take a third-round pick and a bit-part player to satisfy Sydney, but the Swans are unlikely to play hardball.

Who you think they refer to as a bit-part player?

The "To be delisted players" or someone more senior...like a Hill or Addison?

Dont wanna give too much up..he can nominate for the PSD and we can just snag him there in hope Hawthorn chase after Gibson & Burgoyne..

AndrewP6
24-09-2009, 01:34 AM
Yippee!!!!!!!!!

AndrewP6
24-09-2009, 01:35 AM
I'm sure I mentioned a few weeks ago to some fellow WOOFers at one of the games (Brisbane maybe?) that if Bazza gets an invite to Smorgo's mansion, it's a done deal...

Mantis
24-09-2009, 07:29 AM
Who you think they refer to as a bit-part player?

The "To be delisted players" or someone more senior...like a Hill or Addison?

Dont wanna give too much up..he can nominate for the PSD and we can just snag him there in hope Hawthorn chase after Gibson & Burgoyne..

I would think it would come from players like Wight, Skipper or perhaps even O'Keefe.

It would not be Hill and I doubt very much that Addison or Tiller would be involved.

LostDoggy
24-09-2009, 09:44 AM
Yeah !!!!!

dadsgirl16
24-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Bazza and Bri-Bri as bookends-I like it!!!

bulldogtragic
24-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Now a true CHF and we almost have a spine.

ratsmac
24-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Is this happening a year too late??

I'm happy that this deal will happen but on the other hand I'm a bit worried that we missed the boat last year on this deal, and we are trying to do a patch up job on our forward line. I'm on the fence with this one. I hope Bazza can kick plenty of goals next year and put my doubts at ease.

Scraggers
24-09-2009, 12:31 PM
It says in 'The West' :-

(Michael Gleeson)

"Hall, 31, is expected to be given a two-year contract worth up to $600,000 to resurrect his damaged reputation following a number of off-field indiscretions which led to his retirement from the Swans in July."

Two questions ...

1. What off-field indiscretions ??
2. If Hall has in fact retired, do we need to deal with Sydney (ala Mal Michael Brisbane/Essendon deal) ??

Rocco Jones
24-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Is this happening a year too late??

I'm happy that this deal will happen but on the other hand I'm a bit worried that we missed the boat last year on this deal, and we are trying to do a patch up job on our forward line. I'm on the fence with this one. I hope Bazza can kick plenty of goals next year and put my doubts at ease.

I keep on saying the same thing to the Barry Hall doubters. He doesn't have to be "the answer" to make this a worthy deal. All he has to do is be worthy of one of the last couple of spots on our list. I have no doubt in my mind that he is worth the price we paying for him.

Desipura
24-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Now a true CHF and we almost have a spine.
We have Liam Jones

Cyberdoggie
24-09-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm guessing O'Keefe or Addison would be first on the chopping block. Sydney may also have an interest in Skipper but i would think that would be less likely.

I would prefer we traded Dylan as i think he has hit his full potential.
We are not going to see anything new from him and he will always be a fringe player.

O'Keefe i would rather see stay another year. He is an unknown and i don't like giving up a player with potential. Guy has some clear deficiencies in his game but he is a ball magnet. We used to say similar things about Daniel Cross and Matthew Boyd. If O'Keefe can put in the hard work and desperation required he could be valuable.

LostDoggy
24-09-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm guessing O'Keefe or Addison would be first on the chopping block. Sydney may also have an interest in Skipper but i would think that would be less likely.

I would prefer we traded Dylan as i think he has hit his full potential.
We are not going to see anything new from him and he will always be a fringe player.

O'Keefe i would rather see stay another year. He is an unknown and i don't like giving up a player with potential. Guy has some clear deficiencies in his game but he is a ball magnet. We used to say similar things about Daniel Cross and Matthew Boyd. If O'Keefe can put in the hard work and desperation required he could be valuable.

Good post, O'Keefe should be given a chance of a full pre-season and an opportunity to show what he is capable of at AFL level before we trade or delist him. He could come back and bite us on the a#*e big time.

LostDoggy
24-09-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm not sure why there is still discussion about Guy O'keefe being given one more chance..has has been sacked hasn't he?

Desipura
24-09-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm not sure why there is still discussion about Guy O'keefe being given one more chance..has has been sacked hasn't he?
No he has not, just some posters speculating.

jitboy
24-09-2009, 01:16 PM
I would be interested to know what Bazza has done to kerb his on-field outbursts. Whatever Sydney got him to do it didn't work. His contract better be water tight when it comes to suspensions. "No play, no pay!"

Also I hope Rocket maintains the gameplan. Hall, Aker, Johnson, Hahn, Murphy, Gia, Hill, it all sounds rather tasty. We don't really need Hall as our focal point. Just another fwd option. The other boys are more than capable of kicking goals around him. Hopefully he can adjust to that without getting "frustrated".

bulldogtragic
24-09-2009, 01:26 PM
We have Liam Jones
Tell me about. Ah, Liam my boy. As close to the best tall we have possibly drafted since Chris Grant, next year would be a push. But he offers so much he could get a flank spot if he surprises us. But for the kids i hope J. Grant sees what Hall does and learns his trade!