PDA

View Full Version : NAB Cup Grand Final Venue

LostDoggy
03-03-2010, 07:00 PM
If Fremantle can overcome the demanding schedule and knock off St Kilda, it is likely the club will host the NAB Cup grand final at Subiaco Oval.

Chief executive Steve Rosich said preliminary discussions with the AFL had indicated the club was a strong chance to host the pre-season showcase match, rather than travel for a third straight week.

Source: http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/90152/default.aspx

It's AFL's scheduling fault that this is the case... and it burdens us, StKilda or Port with travel regardless of whether we have kicked more supergoals or not (which was my understanding and happened the past few years, most supergoals hosts the final?)

If we win, hope StKilda get through if thats the case, we've travelled this month, why not make the venue somewhere with no advantage and both teams have to travel? :confused:

hujsh
03-03-2010, 07:05 PM
If we win, hope StKilda get through if thats the case, we've travelled this month, why not make the venue somewhere with no advantage and both teams have to travel? :confused:

The crowd would probably be pretty bad if that were to happen.

The Coon Dog
03-03-2010, 07:26 PM
I have no problem with Freo hosting the NAB Cup Grand Final if they make it through. They have traveled 2 weeks in a row, bit unfair to ask them to do it a 3rd time I would have thought.

chef
03-03-2010, 08:10 PM
I have no problem with Freo hosting the NAB Cup Grand Final if they make it through. They have traveled 2 weeks in a row, bit unfair to ask them to do it a 3rd time I would have thought.

I would be happy to play anywhere if it means we make a grand final.

LostDoggy
03-03-2010, 08:16 PM

Yeah I see your view if they have to travel 3 weeks in a row, the AFL needs to learn how to schedule better.

The Coon Dog
03-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Yeah I see your view if they have to travel 3 weeks in a row, the AFL needs to learn how to schedule better.

Wasn't the AFL who booked the ACDC concert at Subi this weekend.

bornadog
03-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Freo won't make it.

Rocco Jones
03-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Wasn't the AFL who booked the ACDC concert at Subi this weekend.

But they knew about it well in advance and it certainly was not Freo's fault.

They should have had Freo vs North at Subi last week. I know it would have meant 2 home games in a row for Freo but North had their first game at home as well.

LostDoggy
03-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Go the saints.....if we win i want to actually be at the ground to watch my boys in a grand final.....i dont have the $$$ 2 travel to perth for it...

boydogs
03-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Do we still want to win our semi if it means going to Perth for the GF? I realise our game is first, just a hypothetical for you all

The Coon Dog
03-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Do we still want to win our semi if it means going to Perth for the GF? I realise our game is first, just a hypothetical for you all

If we lose we could be rostered to play in Perth anyway in the NAB Challenge.

AndrewP6
03-03-2010, 10:13 PM

Yep, we do. Or at least, I do. Can't go into this game not wanting to win.

Remi Moses
03-03-2010, 11:42 PM
If that's the way the cards fal then so be it. I'd imagine we'd still take a strong squad with the weeks break after the final

jazzadogs
04-03-2010, 12:27 AM
How many people would go over to watch it, if we made the GF against Freo?

I would love to, but logistically and financially would not be able to.

AndrewP6
04-03-2010, 12:50 AM

No, not me...

aker39
04-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Why would any one want to travel to Perth for a glorified practice match.

jazzadogs
04-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Why would any one want to travel to Perth for a glorified practice match.
I wouldn't go over for one of the opening rounds. But it's a grand final, no matter the standard. I think the opportunity to see the Bulldogs win a premiership, of any kind, should be enough reason to at least consider travelling over.

ledge
04-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Whats the NAB Cup worth nowadays? Bit of unplanned money in the coffers is always good.

LostDoggy
04-03-2010, 07:17 PM
According to this article from 2008 its $350,000..not sure if its changed since then.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23174454-23211,00.html

LostDoggy
05-03-2010, 02:20 PM
In all fairness we have played tonight and last week at home while freo have been away for a couple, stands to reason if they make it that we go there, unfortunately.

The real problem was this week I fear, the games should have been in Adelaide and WA respectively.

LostDoggy
06-03-2010, 01:15 PM

Ditto. Already committed to two interstate games during the season proper. Pretty big ask for a Big Issue vendor at a week's notice.:(