PDA

View Full Version : Milne the Sook

bornadog
11-04-2010, 11:49 AM
What does everyone think about the Saints and that little sook Milne complaining about Collingwood? I heard Maxwell on radio yesterday saying that Milne is one of the top sledgers but yet can't seem to take it when dished back.

In my opinion, Saints should have just kept this as an on field issue and not brought up the complaint

ledge
11-04-2010, 12:06 PM
In his defence its not Milne its the playing group who arent happy.

Before I Die
11-04-2010, 12:15 PM
What does everyone think about the Saints and that little sook Milne complaining about Collingwood? I heard Maxwell on radio yesterday saying that Milne is one of the top sledgers but yet can't seem to take it when dished back.

In my opinion, Saints should have just kept this as an on field issue and not brought up the complaint

No, I can'y agree. I have no love for Milne, but this is not an on field incident. The coach is not on the field. If players have a responsibility as role models, the coaches who guide these players have a greater responsibilty.

Also, with sledging on the field there is the opportunity for the even up (though less chance these days). How do you square up with a bloke in the coaches box?

Then Malthouse has the temerity to eyeball a reporter and in a threatening manner deny (sorry, lie) that it took place. All this just after his President has bagged SA supporters for their anti-social behaviour.

I just wish it was 30 years ago and he was having a go at Mal Brown.

I hope the Saints formally complain and I hope the AFL have the balls to fine him or even better suspend him. The I want Fast Eddie to apologise for the behaviour of his club's coach.

Desipura
11-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Whenever I am speaking to my Saints mate and I mention Milne & Montagna, I always refer to them as the "Alleged".

Sockeye Salmon
11-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Why on earth would St. Kilda remind everyone again was a dog of a bloke Milne is?

AndrewP6
11-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Just heard on the news that the two sides are close to a "resolution" and don't want the matter to go to the AFL. Saints want an apology, Pies want Saints to acknowledge their role in the incident.

The Underdog
11-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Biggest non-story of the year so far, or is it not up to Bingle level yet?

Oh and who wouldn't take the opportunity to sledge Milne?

Doggy
11-04-2010, 06:38 PM
What's the parists problem

KT31
11-04-2010, 11:52 PM
Biggest non-story of the year so far, or is it not up to Bingle level yet?

Oh and who wouldn't take the opportunity to sledge Milne?

Would have made better headline if Mick had tackled the alleged.

The Coon Dog
12-04-2010, 02:32 AM
Collingwood coach Mick Malthouse apologises to St Kilda's Stephen Milne

MAGPIES coach Mick Malthouse last night offered an apology after his extraordinary "rapist" spray aimed at St Kilda star Stephen Milne.

After a day of tense negotiations, Collingwood sent a Malthouse apology to St Kilda in a bid to broker peace before the Saints lodged a formal complaint with the AFL, due by 10am today.

Malthouse regrets the quarter-time verbal spray, especially given his status in the game.

In return, Collingwood wanted Milne to accept he provoked Friday night's ugly incident by calling Malthouse old and wrongly accusing assistant coach Paul Licuria of being homosexual.

Link (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/collingwood-coach-mick-malthouse-apologises-to-st-kildas-stephen-milne/story-e6frf7jo-1225852479803)

MrMahatma
12-04-2010, 03:02 AM
Is Milne apologising to Licca for calling him a homo? Or is it only when people say things that are true that it has to be revoked?*

*This in no way means I don't think Licca is very likely batting for the other team...

LostDoggy
12-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Well, I didn't think Malthouse would apologise, but obviously I got that wrong, but have to agree with the comments about Milne - does that mean he comes out and publicly apologises for having a sledge at coaching staff. I take the point that out on the field, player to player, they get a chance to even up but it seems Milne didn't stick to that rule either. I honestly can't stand the little twerp (showing lots of restraint here), and he's been the same for years! :mad:

The Pie Man
12-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Why on earth would St. Kilda remind everyone again was a dog of a bloke Milne is?

Listening to Montagna on MMM Saturday saying 'we'll make a formal complaint' I thought the exact same thing. That course of action was never going to serve the Saints well given the history, and I wonder if Joey had the 'authority' (for lack of a better term) to make those comments.

LostDoggy
12-04-2010, 12:57 PM
I still get angry at the way the original 'incident' was handled at the time.

A woman made a complaint and it was deemed that the case would not proceed to the courts.

This could have been for a number of reasons - woman too drunk to accurately remember, she may have initially said 'yes' but 'no' came later, lack of witnesses (1 woman's word against 2 guys) or simply because the woman decided that she didnt wish to be dragged through a long court process and the media only to have the case unltimately fail (many rape accused get off in the end).

So with this in mind, I cringed when Milne got up before the cameras with his 'underworld' lawyer in Defteros and proclaimed he had been found 'innocent'.

Now I don't like to play on words but Milne was never found 'innocent' of anything. He wasn't charged and not being charged doesn't mean that something didn't happen that seedy night!

Bulldog4life
12-04-2010, 01:37 PM
My take on this is that the sanctimonious know-all Malthouse has been proven to be a liar. Pure and simple.

mighty_west
12-04-2010, 01:59 PM
My take on this is that the sanctimonious know-all Malthouse has been proven to be a liar. Pure and simple.

He just doesn't seem to be able to handle himself under pressure, scrutiny from the press etc, there have been quite a few examples over his time, that said, when its the Filthy rat involved, you could almost excuse Malthouse for having a go at him.

Then you look at someone like Sheedy, full of class, a little whacko at times, but that was just his sense of humour.

Cyberdoggie
12-04-2010, 02:16 PM
He just doesn't seem to be able to handle himself under pressure, scrutiny from the press etc, there have been quite a few examples over his time, that said, when its the Filthy rat involved, you could almost excuse Malthouse for having a go at him.

Then you look at someone like Sheedy, full of class, a little whacko at times, but that was just his sense of humour.

What about the throat-cutting incident? :confused:

The Adelaide Connection
12-04-2010, 02:36 PM

"Now i'll never be a real boy..."

Bulldog4life
12-04-2010, 02:38 PM

I personally couldn't care less about Milne and it wasn't what Malthouse said that I commented on. What amuses me is the holier than thou Malthouse getting caught out telling a bald- face lie at the after game press conference.

The Coon Dog
12-04-2010, 02:47 PM
. What amuses me is the holier than thou Malthouse getting caught out telling a bald- face lie at the after game press conference.
The same thing Heath Shaw & Alan Didak did a couple of years ago!

Bulldog4life
12-04-2010, 02:53 PM

Exactly CD. Weren't they suspended and fined heavily for this? Bet Bucks hopes it would happen to Malthouse. :)

bornadog
12-04-2010, 03:04 PM
I personally couldn't care less about Milne and it wasn't what Malthouse said that I commented on. What amuses me is the holier than thou Malthouse getting caught out telling a bald- face lie at the after game press conference.

Maybe he thought the Saints wouldn't take it further and that was the end of it. I believe the Saints should have shut their mouths and not sooked, after all, the things Milne said to two AFL coaches isnot on either.

mighty_west
12-04-2010, 03:06 PM

Yeah that wasn't great, but you could almost dismiss that one off with the way he handled the press over his career, it didn't send a great message, but knowing what Sheeds was like, there was ALMOST a sense of theatrics in it, with Malthouse, when under the pump, he goes into defensive almost anger management mode, that incident when a journo asked if his players didn't come out to play, or words to that effect, everyone knows what that means, and we all see different teams most weeks have off days, yet Malthouse decided to start grilling the reporter rather than giving an honest answer for all of their members to be satisfied with.

mighty_west
12-04-2010, 03:08 PM

They definatly have a history in telling a fib or 3, and it just backfires so badly back in their face.

bornadog
12-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Yeah that wasn't great, but you could almost dismiss that one off with the way he handled the press over his career, it didn't send a great message, but knowing what Sheeds was like, there was ALMOST a sense of theatrics in it, with Malthouse, when under the pump, he goes into defensive almost anger management mode, that incident when a journo asked if his players didn't come out to play, or words to that effect, everyone knows what that means, and we all see different teams most weeks have off days, yet Malthouse decided to start grilling the reporter rather than giving an honest answer for all of their members to be satisfied with.

Isn't Rocket the best coach, we are so lucky.:)

KT31
12-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Is Milne apologising to Licca for calling him a homo? Or is it only when people say things that are true that it has to be revoked?*

This in no way means I don't think Licca is very likely batting for the other team...

Not that there is anything wrong with that.:D

Bulldog4life
12-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Maybe he thought the Saints wouldn't take it further and that was the end of it. I believe the Saints should have shut their mouths and not sooked, after all, the things Milne said to two AFL coaches isnot on either.

I don't know exactly what Milne said to Malthouse but if what he said to Licuria has been accurately reported there is no doubt he should be accountable for that. Whether it is true or not.

BulldogBelle
12-04-2010, 04:08 PM
I don't know exactly what Milne said to Malthouse but if what he said to Licuria has been accurately reported there is no doubt he should be accountable for that. Whether it is true or not.

Wasn't it something along the lines of Malthouse being old and having grey hairs?

Bulldog4life
12-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Wasn't it something along the lines of Malthouse being old and having grey hairs?

Mick must have very thin skin.:D

BulldogBelle
12-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Mick must have very thin skin.:D

I think that comment followed after what Milne said to Licuria - would love to read a full correct transcript. :)

here is my version -

Milne - Hey Malthouse, you are old and grey and can't coach
Malthouse - #&(*$T%%)$__$*%$%*
Licuria - Milne, that's it do you wanna meet in the car park after and settle it
Milne - Nah Mate because you are a $^%&$*

Sockeye Salmon
12-04-2010, 04:28 PM
I think that comment followed after what Milne said to Licuria - would love to read a full correct transcript. :)

here is my version -

Milne - Hey Malthouse, you are old and grey and can't coach
Malthouse - #&(*$T%%)$__$*%$%*
Licuria - Milne, that's it do you wanna meet in the car park after and settle it
Milne - Nah Mate because you are a $^%&$*

That's mostly right but you got 1 or 2 letters wrong.

Remi Moses
12-04-2010, 04:45 PM
I think both sides haven't handled this well. Milne shouldn't be making comments and inflaming malthouse and Licuria and Mick shouldn't have got involved. Malthouse has apologised but the little pri*k who starts it [has history for sledging] gets away withit!
Maybe a investigation should be conducted to as why the ALLEGED cannot get a kick in a FINAL:p

Footnote; Wouldn't be inciting Licuria as I'm reliably informed he is quite handy in Martial arts.

chef
12-04-2010, 05:00 PM

He didn't deny doing it(which is what Malthouse did).

ledge
12-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Its all a bit school boyish if you ask me,nothing wrong with a bit of sledging.
Just have a laugh and a beer at the end of the game like we used to.

The Coon Dog
12-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Its all a bit school boyish if you ask me,nothing wrong with a bit of sledging.
Just have a laugh and a beer at the end of the game like we used to.

It's not the sledging that's the issue. It's that Malthouse denied saying anything in his press conference after the game. He lied & it wasn't all that long ago he suspended 2 of his better players for telling porkies to him.

mighty_west
12-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Isn't Rocket the best coach, we are so lucky.:)

Rocket is a sensational coach, the way he handles himself to the media, the way he has reconstructed our team, never met him personally but they way he seems to give alot of his time to supporters, always seems that he is having a laugh with....

:)

Sedat
12-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Far be it for me to take the side of Tiprat, but coaches have absolutely no place gobbing off at opposition players during the course of a match. Absolutely amateur hour suburban footy stuff from Malthouse and Licuria, and the extremely swift and full public apology offered by the Pies is acknowledgement enough that they stuffed up big time. Why else would Fast Eddie try and sweep this all under the carpet today? He needs to be wiser about the 'scaly mates' he chooses :D

ledge
12-04-2010, 06:32 PM
It's not the sledging that's the issue. It's that Malthouse denied saying anything in his press conference after the game. He lied & it wasn't all that long ago he suspended 2 of his better players for telling porkies to him.

It was more the point about the incident.. the lying mmm that is pretty poor isnt it.

AndrewP6
12-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Rocket is a sensational coach, the way he handles himself to the media, the way he has reconstructed our team, never met him personally but they way he seems to give alot of his time to supporters, always seems that he is having a laugh with....

:)

Agreed. I've met him (albeit briefly) at the Family Day, and he seems a very down to earth, friendly type.

AndrewP6
12-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Very disappointed in Malthouse. Despite him coaching the Pies, I've got lots of respect for him. But sitting in a press conference saying he didn't say anything/was trying to ensure his own players didn't get involved, then 2 days later apologising for what he said... that's terrible. A fine for that kind of out and out lie, in a telecast press conference, is inadequate, in my book.

Sockeye Salmon
12-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Far be it for me to take the side of Tiprat, but coaches have absolutely no place gobbing off at opposition players during the course of a match. Absolutely amateur hour suburban footy stuff from Malthouse and Licuria, and the extremely swift and full public apology offered by the Pies is acknowledgement enough that they stuffed up big time. Why else would Fast Eddie try and sweep this all under the carpet today? He needs to be wiser about the 'scaly mates' he chooses :D

Nah, open slather.

If Milne is so much of a Princess he should go have a cry with Riewoldt and leave the football to the boys.

bornadog
12-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Nah, open slather.

If Milne is so much of a Princess he should go have a cry with Riewoldt and leave the football to the boys.

and thus the heading of this thread SOOK

chef
13-04-2010, 07:23 AM
and thus the heading of this thread SOOK

When did Milne have a sook? I thought it was his team complaining. Milne gives as good as he gets(he started this mess by abusing MM first), which is one of the reasons why his nickname is yapper.

The Pie Man
13-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Why hasn't Didak's role in all of this been more heavily scrutinised? He clearly mouths the words Malthouse has confessed to right in the sook's face, yet it's all been about the coaching staff.

I understand the other issues re: Malthouse lying/coach being involved in the first place are bigger, but how does Didak get off scott free?

Topdog
13-04-2010, 12:09 PM
When did Milne have a sook? I thought it was his team complaining. Milne gives as good as he gets(he started this mess by abusing MM first), which is one of the reasons why his nickname is yapper.

Why would the team complain about something Milne doesn't care about?

chef
13-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Why would the team complain about something Milne doesn't care about?

I was under the impression the Saints were complaining about what was done more than just what was said. eg A coach abusing opposition players at quarter time.

Milne gets called that name every week he plays(from oppostion players and supporters), so I wouldn't think he would take it to heart. He bated MM and got a bite.

bornadog
13-04-2010, 01:05 PM
I was under the impression the Saints were complaining about what was done more than just what was said. eg A coach abusing opposition players at quarter time.

Milne gets called that name every week he plays(from oppostion players and supporters), so I wouldn't think he would take it to heart. He bated MM and got a bite.

Don't you think it would have been better to just leave it alone and discuss it in private if they had a problem with Malthouse.

chef
13-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Don't you think it would have been better to just leave it alone and discuss it in private if they had a problem with Malthouse.

Not sure if they tried too, but it was too hard considering it was done on Friday night footy(the biggest game of the week) and channel 9 made a big deal about it. Plus Collingwood didn't won't to acknowledge it or apologise for it.

bornadog
13-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Not sure if they tried too, but it was too hard considering it was done on Friday night footy(the biggest game of the week) and channel 9 made a big deal about it. Plus Collingwood didn't won't to acknowledge it or apologise for it.

Has Milne apologized for having a go at two AFL coaches, no he hasn't. Saints could easily have said they had a bit of an altercation and its all forgotten. Malthouse thought thats what would happen so he spun a lie at his media conference. Ross sooked to the media and brought it all into the open. All this does is dent the image of the whole AFL.

chef
13-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Has Milne apologized for having a go at two AFL coaches, no he hasn't. Saints could easily have said they had a bit of an altercation and its all forgotten. Malthouse thought thats what would happen so he spun a lie at his media conference. Ross sooked to the media and brought it all into the open. All this does is dent the image of the whole AFL.

Yep, another double standard and none of this has looked good for the AFL.

Topdog
13-04-2010, 02:35 PM

A player also can't abuse a coach. I can't for a second believe that Milne didn't complain about this. A club doesn't go that far without a player complaining.

chef
13-04-2010, 03:01 PM
A player also can't abuse a coach. I can't for a second believe that Milne didn't complain about this. A club doesn't go that far without a player complaining.

Does anyone know what Milne called MM?

mighty_west
13-04-2010, 03:03 PM

A grey haired old $#$#@# and $%#@#$$ u %$%$#$ you %$%%$#$@# and %^%$#%$!

Desipura
13-04-2010, 03:23 PM
How does it feel to be the only coach who has been at a club for 11 years without winning a premiership?

Sockeye Salmon
13-04-2010, 05:40 PM

Grey haired, old **** that can't coach.

The **** is a really rude word.

chef
13-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Grey haired, old **** that can't coach.

The **** is a really rude word.

I guess it starts with c.

mighty_west
13-04-2010, 06:14 PM

Definatly wasn't Class..:D

KT31
14-04-2010, 10:52 AM

Coot is not so bad.:D

LostDoggy
14-04-2010, 03:37 PM
The Tiprat is the most hated player out there....for good reason IMO..yappy little turd, as much as he has to say on the ground he should just cop what comes back and get on with it!!

Topdog
14-04-2010, 04:05 PM

and assistant coach was called a homo aswell.

chef
14-04-2010, 04:08 PM
and assistant coach was called a homo aswell.

Yep, I am surprised that Milne didn't get in more trouble than what he did for calling Lica that.