PDA

View Full Version : EJ Whitten Legends Game 2011

LostDoggy
19-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Just come across an article on the Hun.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/brendan-fevola-still-clings-to-afl-hope/story-e6freck3-1226077780272

Should be interesting this year as they are after Fev even though he's provided this quote;

"I'm not playing the in the Legends match because I haven't retired," Fevola told the Sunday Herald Sun.

Also the article mentions "Wayne Carey and Aker (Jason Akermanis) have agreed to play so it would be the icing on the cake."

Would make for entertaining viewing if they got Fev too. 2 AFL "Bad Boys" and 1 "Irrelevant Twat" in the one game, and maybe we will see Johnno out there too? He could help in making sure that blonde hair little turd doesn't turn it into an Aker-Show? :rolleyes:

OLD SCRAGGer
21-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Just come across an article on the Hun.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/brendan-fevola-still-clings-to-afl-hope/story-e6freck3-1226077780272

Should be interesting this year as they are after Fev even though he's provided this quote;

"I'm not playing the in the Legends match because I haven't retired," Fevola told the Sunday Herald Sun.

Also the article mentions "Wayne Carey and Aker (Jason Akermanis) have agreed to play so it would be the icing on the cake."

Would make for entertaining viewing if they got Fev too. 2 AFL "Bad Boys" and 1 "Irrelevant Twat" in the one game, and maybe we will see Johnno out there too? He could help in making sure that blonde hair little turd doesn't turn it into an Aker-Show? :rolleyes:

Gee, I HOPE someone takes out that little turd during game :rolleyes:

AndrewP6
05-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Any WOOFers going? I'm on holidays, thought I might go for something to do.

LostDoggy
05-07-2011, 02:11 PM
I'm going with my dad, who hasn't been to any football game (with me or anybody) since the last Legends match we saw together, in 1996. (the first one)

LostDoggy
05-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Any WOOFers going? I'm on holidays, thought I might go for something to do.

No, I'm going to the Bulldogs Rock of Ages night. It's a shame they were both scheduled on the same night. :(

LostDoggy
05-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Massive barrel from Rocca & a superb banana from Hutchy, has been enjoyable so far.

Rocco Jones
05-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Who would win a shot out from 35-40 metres range between Grant and Jones vs Strauchanie and Hutchy?

immortalmike
05-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Gee, I HOPE someone takes out that little turd during game :rolleyes:

Watching it I'm hoping for a wog squad revival hit from Dimma and Libba.
On a slightly serious note, Westy looks very fit, looks like he could still be playing.

BulldogBelle
05-07-2011, 08:52 PM
On a slightly serious note, Westy looks very fit, looks like he could still be playing.

I was thinking the same thing about Westy and Wayne Carey looks good and very fit also.

DragzLS1
05-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Rocca what a torpedo don't see that very often.. I say we get him in for next season ;)

BulldogBelle
05-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Got to laugh, Aker getting the boos from the crowd even in a charity match. :D

AndrewP6
05-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Fun night all round. As noted, massive torp from Rocca was terrific - big Roc has been in a good paddock obviously. Still can't believe Hutchy converted that banana, after getting past the 'defense'. Not sure about the short-statured man running on and off - maybe funnier on TV? With representatives from SCOPE selling programs (and watching from level 1, I'm not sure it was in good taste. Sam's trenchcoat get-up was kinda funny though. Aker was, not surprisingly, up for the contest, thought the crowd could've given the booing a rest (it's for charity, people!) Bad idea to end the match, then shortly thereafter call the 'shoot-out', and then cancel it - c'mon guys, make a decision and stick with it. :confused:

Boo to the lady next to me (SCOPE volunteer) who knocked my Scotch and Coke over. YAY to the man at the food stall who gave me large chips when I only paid for small. :)

Remi Moses
05-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Is it just me or is "Straunie" getting stale?
Lance Whitnall's been in a good paddock with a few others

AndrewP6
05-07-2011, 11:55 PM

I was kinda over him by half-time.

Mick Martyn is AN ISLAND... :)

Mantis
06-07-2011, 08:10 AM

Many others were over him 5 years ago.

LostDoggy
06-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Besides the Aker-Factor, was fun to watch, boo him regardless of charity, little gnat. I don't think I would enjoy it as much if I actually went to the game, commentary and interviews with the players on the ground adds a little bit extra to coverage.

Strauchnie I thought was less-focus than previous years so didn't find him irritating or anything.

How's Brodie Hollands reaction when he was named BOG, look of wtf all over his face!

Kudos to Hutchy for the poor candy-sell but good follow up goal.

LostDoggy
06-07-2011, 08:40 AM
My favourite part was when three people tackled Aker and Libba stood there pretending to punch him in the head. And seeing Westy play again.

Ozza
06-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Westy looked like he'd get 30 touches if he ran out at Etihad on Sunday against Carlton.

LostDoggy
06-07-2011, 09:15 AM

Yes, BB, I thought that was pretty funny too! Was it me, or did Aker seem to take the game very seriously? I almost felt he was just trying to show off & stand out, but I guess that's just his nature! :o

LostDoggy
06-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Westy looked like he'd get 30 touches if he ran out at Etihad on Sunday against Carlton.

Oh how I wish........;)

Jasper
06-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Aker was, not surprisingly, up for the contest, thought the crowd could've given the booing a rest (it's for charity, people!)

I think Aker has locked himself into getting booed for the rest of his life regardless of the venue or event.
It's just part of the theatre

soupman
06-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Yes, BB, I thought that was pretty funny too! Was it me, or did Aker seem to take the game very seriously? I almost felt he was just trying to show off & stand out, but I guess that's just his nature! :o

Completely agree. Was trying his hardest to give off AFL pressure, verything was full pelt and he was clearly busting a gut to try and prove something. Probably so that afterwards he can hear people say, "You are still good enough for AFL. Those Bulldogs are idiots". It was so fun watching his errant kicks for goal, or getting gang tackled.

At the opposite end of the spectrum however was Ang Christou who may as well as not played. Don't think he broke out of a walk, and just seemed like he was being stupid.

As for Straunie I don't mind him in these matches because you need someone like that to make it more interesting than "West still looks awesome", "How fat has xxx gotten". You kind of need some lame focal point to barrack for like a Strauchn, or Andy Lee, Hamish Blake, Hutchy last night (who kicked a brilliant goal).

comrade
06-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Westy would get a game for Port Adelaide at the moment.

LostDoggy
06-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Rocca what a torpedo don't see that very often.. I say we get him in for next season ;)

From where I sat, it looked like it nearly hit the roof of Etihad. Monster kick.

I boo'ed him relentlessly, but the feeling behind it was more light-hearted. Got a few laughs from around me, they could see my Bulldogs colours. Libba manned him up on the wing I was sitting on (I was near the benches) so I kept screaming out to "Pretend it's Paul Kelly, Libba!"

I joked to my old man that Whitnall has lost weight ;)

Strauchnie is great for the crowd. Every act needs it's comic sidekicks.

Mick Martyn is AN ISLAND... :)

Absolutely enormous. I would hate to cross him in an alley (though he's always been a monster).

Completely agree. Was trying his hardest to give off AFL pressure, verything was full pelt and he was clearly busting a gut to try and prove something. Probably so that afterwards he can hear people say, "You are still good enough for AFL. Those Bulldogs are idiots". It was so fun watching his errant kicks for goal, or getting gang tackled.

At the opposite end of the spectrum however was Ang Christou who may as well as not played. Don't think he broke out of a walk, and just seemed like he was being stupid.

As for Straunie I don't mind him in these matches because you need someone like that to make it more interesting than "West still looks awesome", "How fat has xxx gotten". You kind of need some lame focal point to barrack for like a Strauchn, or Andy Lee, Hamish Blake, Hutchy last night (who kicked a brilliant goal).

100%.

The cheerleaders for mine were a bit of a naff idea, one of the blokes next to me was wolf whistling and carrying on like a rabid rapist, I said to him, “Mate, they're about 13 years old between them”. Was a bit creepy.

Loved Sammy and Arthur, star coaching team.

Crawford is one very, very, very fit bastard.

Carey looked very fit and trim, as did Westy and Bubba.

Was very pleased with the amount of Doggies out there — Libba, Westy, Bubba, Dimma, (Aker not so much, but ah well)

AndrewP6
06-07-2011, 12:41 PM

He was definitely into it, but every year there are a few who take it seriously.

AndrewP6
06-07-2011, 12:45 PM
From where I sat, it looked like it nearly hit the roof of Etihad. Monster kick.

Yep, sure was massive. Great to watch.

The cheerleaders for mine were a bit of a naff idea, one of the blokes next to me was wolf whistling and carrying on like a rabid rapist, I said to him, “Mate, they're about 13 years old between them”. Was a bit creepy.

I heard from someone that they were all 16+. Hard to believe, I know - I made a similar comment to yours. So, creepy-ish. :)

AndrewP6
06-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Besides the Aker-Factor, was fun to watch, boo him regardless of charity, little gnat. I don't think I would enjoy it as much if I actually went to the game, commentary and interviews with the players on the ground adds a little bit extra to coverage.

Probably true, I left my iPod at home so didn't even hear the radio simulcast. Certainly missed it.

Strauchnie I thought was less-focus than previous years so didn't find him irritating or anything.

I found the opposite at the ground, the main times the crowd was up was when the ball went to (or near!) him. Just got a bit old.

How's Brodie Hollands reaction when he was named BOG, look of wtf all over his face!
Kudos to Hutchy for the poor candy-sell but good follow up goal.

Holland wasn't listening to the speeches, and when his name was first called, they had to tell him to go up. He made a goose of himself by saying "What's this for?". The lady presenting also made a goose of herself by saying "Man of The Match".

Hutchy's banana from just inside 50 was very impressive. His physique is not. :)