PDA

View Full Version : Round 18 Discussion

LostDoggy
21-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Early start to this weeks the thread.
I saw Peter Faulks has been picked on the extended bench for Freo so good on him, wouldn't mind seeing him getting a game

Remi Moses
22-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Adelaide are just awful! Neil Craig has to be goneski,they've become uncompetitive.
Stop start game plan, very safe and conservative and awfully frustrating to watch.
Think I'll watch the cricket.
Crows making Stkilda look exciting on the eye:eek:

LostDoggy
22-07-2011, 11:50 PM
Adelaide are just awful! Neil Craig has to be goneski,they've become uncompetitive.
Stop start game plan, very safe and conservative and awfully frustrating to watch.
Think I'll watch the cricket.
Crows making Stkilda look exciting on the eye:eek:

And even that mangey dog kicked 8 what's the world coming to?

Remi Moses
23-07-2011, 12:05 AM
And even that mangey dog kicked 8 what's the world coming to?

As much as he is an annoying little toe rag,he's one of the best small forwards in the history of the game.That performance has a lot of "Sack The Coach" midweek about it.

The Adelaide Connection
23-07-2011, 05:51 AM
Will Riewoldt be looked at for his head high bump on Symes? It was clear he got his face and it hasn't been released yet but Symesy came away with a broken jaw. Inflicting injury usually = games. Will be interested to see if that will be the case with the poster boy.

Go_Dogs
23-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Will Riewoldt be looked at for his head high bump on Symes? It was clear he got his face and it hasn't been released yet but Symesy came away with a broken jaw. Inflicting injury usually = games. Will be interested to see if that will be the case with the poster boy.

He'll be looking at about 4 weeks based on the injury = games philosophy, but as we know the MRP is a lottery and I won't be surprised if he gets none.

The Coon Dog
23-07-2011, 09:28 AM

Given that it's Remi Moses' favourite 'German Diver' Symes is more likely to be charged with heat butting!

ledge
23-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Neil Craig has been coaching the club a few years now and they havent produced anything in his time to suggest they are building a team or have any upside
Adelaide crows have always been arrogant and to admit he wasnt the right coach isnt going to happen so they keep him on longer sending them further down the tube.

Coaches are judged nowadays on team lists and results, Neil hasnt been succesfull at any of these.
Watched Tippet last night, what a gun he could be but that silly thing he goes through before he has a shot at goal looks so amatuerish and its sending him backwards.
For a start while he is doing that how can the other forwards lead and expect toi get a pass in a better position if the opportunity arises?
Neil has some strange ideas, the Ben Hudson one still bewilders me, he wasnt allowed to kick the ball??
Neil the game is called FOOTball !!

The Underdog
23-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Given that it's Remi Moses' favourite 'German Diver' Symes is more likely to be charged with heat butting!

Heat butting, that sounds nasty and more like a Saints off season activity:D

Remi Moses
23-07-2011, 04:52 PM

Haven't seen it CD. No doubt they'll evoke the AFL Bum Boy top bloke points off classification.
Juergen Riewoldt:mad:

Remi Moses
23-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Neil Craig has been coaching the club a few years now and they havent produced anything in his time to suggest they are building a team or have any upside
Adelaide crows have always been arrogant and to admit he wasnt the right coach isnt going to happen so they keep him on longer sending them further down the tube.

Coaches are judged nowadays on team lists and results, Neil hasnt been succesfull at any of these.
Watched Tippet last night, what a gun he could be but that silly thing he goes through before he has a shot at goal looks so amatuerish and its sending him backwards.
For a start while he is doing that how can the other forwards lead and expect toi get a pass in a better position if the opportunity arises?
Neil has some strange ideas, the Ben Hudson one still bewilders me, he wasnt allowed to kick the ball??
Neil the game is called FOOTball !!
Bit of man live with Craigy and Steven Trigg I'd imagine

chef
23-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Andrew Walker will have to go close to taking MOTY. That was awesome.

Go_Dogs
23-07-2011, 11:37 PM

Yep big mark.

Chris Judd can play - what a game by him.

Remi Moses
24-07-2011, 01:00 AM
Gee who saw that coming? Bombres got pantsed. Still not sold on Carlton as a top 4 side,if they knock over one of the big boys I'll concede.
When Walker and Betts tear up decent opposition, then they can carry on.
Great Mark, reminded me of Michael Roach's classic in 79.

Sedat
24-07-2011, 02:17 PM
There was a small window last year to pick up a very talented 24yo at significant unders but that window has since been slammed shut emphatically :(

Remi Moses
24-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Umm have Channel Seven stuffed up?Melb Hawks game live on 107 but delayed on FTA version!! Gremlin in the system

chef
24-07-2011, 08:22 PM
What a game to finish the round. Eagles by a point with Ballantyne hitting the post after the siren.

azabob
24-07-2011, 08:43 PM
What a game to finish the round. Eagles by a point with Ballantyne hitting the post after the siren.

Should have he got it?

Maddog37
24-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Not really. 50 out on boundary. Given as post but looked touched to me.

aker39
24-07-2011, 10:05 PM

I went through the game analyser on t-box to look for the incident. I looked for a free kick to Symes but there was none. When did it occur.

bornadog
24-07-2011, 10:07 PM
I went through the game analyser on t-box to look for the incident. I looked for a free kick to Symes but there was none. When did it occur.

Nice elbow to the head of Ward from Goodes, I wonder if that will be looked at?

aker39
24-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Not really. 50 out on boundary. Given as post but looked touched to me.

It clearly hit the post.

The Adelaide Connection
24-07-2011, 11:41 PM

I don't think he did get a free kick. I am pretty sure it was in the second quarter.

I bet it doesn't get looked at. No way will they allow Riewoldt to miss the Gold Coast game over there.

The Adelaide Connection
24-07-2011, 11:43 PM
Nice elbow to the head of Ward from Goodes, I wonder if that will be looked at?

Nope, probably not.

LostDoggy
25-07-2011, 01:02 PM

Question -- can we get him or Taylor Walker for unders during the trade window? Both their stocks have dropped DRAMATICALLY, especially in Crowsland but there is no doubt they both can seriously play. Cloke was struggling a couple of seasons back too before it all clicked. Kurt will be a serious upgrade from Minnow, and go some way to filling the Hall hole.

What would it take to get a trade done? A late first-rounder that we'll get from Wardy's trade may do it methinks. Or is Tippett off to GWS?

Topdog
25-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Apparently Walker is off to GWS.

LostDoggy
25-07-2011, 01:23 PM

So Tippett is still available...

LostDoggy
25-07-2011, 01:50 PM
There was a small window last year to pick up a very talented 24yo at significant unders but that window has since been slammed shut emphatically :(

This -- there was a sizeable contingent of us on this forum last year who would have easily preferred Walker to Sherman, if only for his attitude. It's funny how some things are so obvious to some, yet not to others (I think we all can be blinkered sometimes, so not having a go at anyone specific).

It goes without saying also that we would have much preferred Walker to Hill on our list, but that's a whole other can of worms.

bornadog
25-07-2011, 01:55 PM
This -- there was a sizeable contingent of us on this forum last year who would have easily preferred Walker to Sherman, if only for his attitude. It's funny how some things are so obvious to some, yet not to others (I think we all can be blinkered sometimes, so not having a go at anyone specific).

It goes without saying also that we would have much preferred Walker to Hill on our list, but that's a whole other can of worms.

Sherman has been a good pick up and has contributed more than posters realize. Up until his indiscretion he was the 9th overall player in the AFL for score assists. Sherman has the running speed to develop into a good outside running mid. I don't believe we erred in picking him up.

chef
25-07-2011, 06:10 PM

Apparently it's the Swans who have made a bigger play for Walker.

chef
25-07-2011, 06:10 PM
So Tippett is still available...

No, he signed a 3 year contract last year.

bornadog
25-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Nope, probably not.

Your right. The trouble is cement head Ward keeps getting hit in the head and keeps getting up.