PDA

View Full Version : Liam Jarrah, Doggies fan

Ghost Dog
12-08-2011, 09:05 AM
As reported on Mangrook. Had a good interview with him.
Doggies fan from way back.
So there you go.

Mantis
12-08-2011, 09:09 AM
The way he played against this year it was like he was wanting us to win.

Over-rated much??

Sedat
12-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Over-rated much??
Massively over-rated. And we already have Jurrah-lite on the list - at least with Skinner, he is strongly defensive minded in the forward line (granted he doesn't have the tank to utilise this at AFL level yet). Jurrah is so offensively minded that as soon as the ball hits the deck he is a complete liability. Something like 14 tackles all season from him.

LostDoggy
12-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Massively over-rated. And we already have Jurrah-lite on the list - at least with Skinner, he is strongly defensive minded in the forward line (granted he doesn't have the tank to utilise this at AFL level yet). Jurrah is so offensivele minded that as soon as the ball hits the deck he is a complete liability. Something like 14 tackles all season from him.

I'll still go to a Melbourne game to see him play.

The Adelaide Connection
12-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Massively over-rated. And we already have Jurrah-lite on the list - at least with Skinner, he is strongly defensive minded in the forward line (granted he doesn't have the tank to utilise this at AFL level yet). Jurrah is so offensively minded that as soon as the ball hits the deck he is a complete liability. Something like 14 tackles all season from him.

I was sitting in the Northern stand, directly above and behind, when he took that huge mark against Port at Footy Park last year. It was the loudest the crowd got all day, everyone was out of their seats. The second loudest they got all day is when they showed the replay.

It is moments like that, and the numerous other thrilling marks/goals/individual brilliance he has that make me really dislike where the game has gone.

Why? Because his defensive deficiencies make people look past his brilliance and refer to him as "over-rated". Even when he only has a handful of touches he is the most exciting player on the ground. If Melbourne were Geelong or Collingwood (with the supply their forwards get) he would make their memberships would double.

Ghost Dog
12-08-2011, 11:23 PM
I thought it was interesting in the Marngrook show, quite a few indig folk in the audience seemed to be Bulldogs fans. Encouraging.

I love Liam Jarrah. I don't think he's a great fit for us, as sedat says, but an incredible effort for him to play AFL. English as a 3rd language!
If only he hadn't been drafted by the silver spooners.

Go_Dogs
16-08-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm a big fan of Jurrah.

Yes he has limitations, but in the right forward line, with the right application to defensive efforts (surely he's got it in him to make an strong effort, even if he's never a hugely potent defensive monster) he is a player. On pure athletic ability, him and Skinner could be a very dangerous combination. For the sake of the game, I really hope at least one of them forges a long, successful career.