PDA

View Full Version : Club Statement on Rodney Eade

bornadog
17-08-2011, 03:46 PM
WB Website (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/westernbulldogsnewsfeatures/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/121201/default.aspx)

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/Rocket316bb.jpg

The Western Bulldogs today announced that the Board has decided not to renew the contract of Senior Coach Rodney Eade beyond the end of the 2011 Season.

Following a robust internal process, involving extensive deliberation and consideration, the Club has determined that after seven years it is time for change.

While this has not been an easy decision - we have determined it is in the best interest for the team and organisation as we move forward.

Ultimately after seven years we have decided that a new approach and direction is required to reinvigorate the Club and maximize the opportunity to get the most out of our playing group.

While the Club has made the decision to move in a different direction for season 2012 we would like to sincerely thank Rodney for his contribution to the Bulldogs.

Since his arrival in 2005, Rodney’s achievements are considerable. While we were unable to achieve the ultimate prize during Rodney’s seven years as Senior Coach, he played a key role in establishing what overall has been a successful and consistent on field period for the Club.

We believe that Rodney continues to have much to offer football and wish him all the best in his future endeavours.

The Club agreed to a request to finalise this important matter in advance of the season’s end to allow Rodney and his Management to explore alternative opportunities.

The Club and Rodney have agreed that he will coach out the remaining three games in line with his contract.

The Western Bulldogs’ search for a new Senior Coach starts today.

We want to assure our dedicated members and fans that we have a robust process in place to identify and secure the best possible coach to support the Club going forward.

We will have further to say on the future appointment at an appropriate time.

Mantis
17-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Meh.

The Underdog
17-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Well as long as the process is "robust" that's ok then :rolleyes:

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
17-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Well as long as the process is "robust" that's ok then :rolleyes:

I just hope 'robust' isn't club boardroom code for " So guys, should we wait for Hawthorn's season to finish before we approach Leon Cameron or just give him a call him now?"

ledge
17-08-2011, 04:55 PM
I just hope 'robust' isn't club boardroom code for " So guys, should we wait for Hawthorn's season to finish before we approach Leon Cameron or just give him a call him now?"

Leon or Alistair?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
17-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Leon or Alistair?

There is no way Alistair would be foolish enough to leave a successful club like Hawthorn.

The Bulldogs Bite
17-08-2011, 06:21 PM
And who are we going to go and get? Leon Cameron?

Sigh.

LostDoggy
17-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Seems strange that we would get rid of Eade when he is high on the list of 2 other clubs after the year we had with injuries.
Grave fears that we will make a dud appointment ala Rhode again

Desipura
18-08-2011, 10:09 AM
And who are we going to go and get? Leon Cameron?

Sigh.
Yes we get it, you dont like Leon.

The Underdog
18-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Yes we get it, you dont like Leon.

I think the general feeling is that if we pick Leon then it's the easy, lazy option, to go with someone you know and someone who has been around the club for so long and also who most of the players have a relationship with. I haven't seen any of the guys in the mix at work or mostly, even interviewed so my opinion is worth diddly, but at least from an outside perspective, to choose Leon would indicate the process was less "robust" than has been said. If the club needs a "refresh" then surely a new voice that hasn't been closely aligned with the club in recent times is more likely to do that. I for one, hope that all candidates start on a level footing and that guys like Neeld, Burns and whoever else get as equal a hearing as Cameron would.

Remi Moses
18-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Burns for yours truly.
Please no favourite sons jobs for the boys appointments Pleeeeease!

The Pie Man
18-08-2011, 03:18 PM
I think the general feeling is that if we pick Leon then it's the easy, lazy option, to go with someone you know and someone who has been around the club for so long and also who most of the players have a relationship with. I haven't seen any of the guys in the mix at work or mostly, even interviewed so my opinion is worth diddly, but at least from an outside perspective, to choose Leon would indicate the process was less "robust" than has been said. If the club needs a "refresh" then surely a new voice that hasn't been closely aligned with the club in recent times is more likely to do that. I for one, hope that all candidates start on a level footing and that guys like Neeld, Burns and whoever else get as equal a hearing as Cameron would.

In bold sums up my thoughts pretty well

The Bulldogs Bite
18-08-2011, 07:17 PM

I couldn't have said it better.

Good post Underdog.