Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  5
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pick 57- Tory Dickson

Guys, lets get back on track with the thread title.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Much as I was enjoying the word play about evil characters, I will help this get back on track.

The Dogs have put the highlights video of Dickson back up (I couldn't get it to work earlier and thought it was just a mac thing, but apparently others couldn't get it to work either).

I've gotta say I enjoyed the highlights - there is a cracker tackle in there, some good body work, nice vision and a fair few goals as well: http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/we...0/default.aspx

Judgment is reserved of course, but the idea of sticking it to Essendon is v nice as well.
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

Post Thanks / Like

Good with both feet. Love the reel.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Good with both feet. Love the reel.
    Indeed, though it'll be interesting to see how he copes with the increased speed at AFL level (he did a few things he'd struggle to get away with).

Nevertheless, some further snooping - I mean investigation - of some Bombers sites (and yes I do feel unclean, but sometimes you have to take one for the team!), reveals some interesting things.

Firstly, he came a close second in the Bendigo B&F (and was leading it for awhile) which is a fair effort on the extremely limited preseason and limited training through the week. Secondly, he is apparently very good over the ball and a decent decision-maker, so you can see why McCartney might have also taken a shine to him (along with Grant). A few Bendigo watchers saw him as a solution to their small forward woes with the chance of being part of their midfield rotation.

So count me as a bit more excited now.

Vezpremi showed some promise re both of these towards the end of last season, and I think there's room for a few players of this type, especially given the trading of Hill and delisting of Stack.

ps Some Bomber fans went off re them missing him (which was a bit stupid, cause they weren't going to take him with their second pick!), and a seemingly more rationale one of their mob did say that Essendon took a significant delay before making their pick @59, and the player they took - Nic O'Brien - is also a medium forward type (admittedly younger and a bit taller)...
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

Post Thanks / Like

He looked quite Brad Johnson like at some stages. I am excited

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    Indeed, though it'll be interesting to see how he copes with the increased speed at AFL level (he did a few things he'd struggle to get away with).

Nevertheless, some further snooping - I mean investigation - of some Bombers sites (and yes I do feel unclean, but sometimes you have to take one for the team!), reveals some interesting things.

Firstly, he came a close second in the Bendigo B&F (and was leading it for awhile) which is a fair effort on the extremely limited preseason and limited training through the week. Secondly, he is apparently very good over the ball and a decent decision-maker, so you can see why McCartney might have also taken a shine to him (along with Grant). A few Bendigo watchers saw him as a solution to their small forward woes with the chance of being part of their midfield rotation.

So count me as a bit more excited now.

Vezpremi showed some promise re both of these towards the end of last season, and I think there's room for a few players of this type, especially given the trading of Hill and delisting of Stack.

ps Some Bomber fans went off re them missing him (which was a bit stupid, cause they weren't going to take him with their second pick!), and a seemingly more rationale one of their mob did say that Essendon took a significant delay before making their pick @59, and the player they took - Nic O'Brien - is also a medium forward type (admittedly younger and a bit taller)...
    half an hour a week training. If he gives us anything near what I saw on video, plus whatever he can give with a full pre-season at AFL level under his belt, Bulldogs fans should be pretty happy with that pick.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

That's a very impressive highlights tape. He has some serious pace.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone's highlight tape looks good, but you can see he has pure talent. Reads the ball well, uses his body extremely well, and finishes.

Seems like a pretty decent pick, if he can build his fitness up to AFL standard.

Post Thanks / Like

Love how he accelerates in his first few steps before he looks around and selects an option. Lot of running goals after taking the ball from a standstill.
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

ha ha, Dicko is going to die during preseason. I hope he savoured his last meat pie and beers on Sunday

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Everyone's highlight tape looks good, but you can see he has pure talent. Reads the ball well, uses his body extremely well, and finishes.

Seems like a pretty decent pick, if he can build his fitness up to AFL standard.
    Yep, agreed, if you don't look good in your highlights tape there is a problem

But, what he is doing at VFL level is impressive

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Yep, agreed, if you don't look good in your highlights tape there is a problem

But, what he is doing at VFL level is impressive
    Look up highlights in the dictionary
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

He does look like he moves well though, and I like the pick on several fronts.

A. He looks like a natural mover and already has a better kicking action than half the players in the league.
    B. Definitely need players in that age bracket.
    C. I really love it if it's true that Effingdon were seething (just love using that word.......seething)
    D. Shows that McCartney has got the balls to 'not play nice' and steal him from the bombers due to his inside information.
    Hope now he actually turns it on to rub salt long and hard and deep into the Bombers wound.

From Melbourne, to London and now Perth WA
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see a guy get picked up who looks a natural player - opposed to the project athletic types picked purely for there seemingless endless 'upsides'.

Good luck Dicko - here's hoping we have some fun watching you give it a crack!

Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me of Vezpremi.