Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fox Footy, Your First Impression

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who can't stand Messrs Russell and Healey.

The only positive is that Foxtel have not signed, Walls, lane and Christian from 10.

Totally disrespectful to Dale Morris for not including him in the list of our absent players. Healey always shows bias to the interstate teams when he is in their town. He is the reason I miss "On the Couch" as much as possible.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Agreed, I think I'd rather have ads than Dwayne and Co.
    Have to agree too. Their biased commentary and their blatant barracking for GWS was as though they had instructions from the AFL to do so.

Post Thanks / Like

Fox Footy is awesome it has been missed the last few years looking forward to Seeing Bob Murphy on
    AFL 360 Every Tuesday Nite.
    Only Negative is Dwayne Russell last nite he was disgusting

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Have to agree too. Their biased commentary and their blatant barracking for GWS was as though they had instructions from the AFL to do so.
    I was able to watch the games last night via the AFL site for free. That's the only price I'd ever pay to listen to the biased crap that was dished out.

Of course, I hate anything FOX.
    47 year Doggie member

I'm home...

Post Thanks / Like

Early days for them and it is only pre season but pretty shoddy camera work, replays not yet to standard and as others have mentioned, the aggravation of listening to Dwayne Russell calling games will in all likelihood mean Fox becomes the second choice to Seven's coverage.

Had to laugh at Maguire's comment seconds prior to Conca hitting Adams during Friday night's opener that we wouldnt miss a thing on Fox referring to their expanded Etihad cameras. Could they find a camera that caught the incident with any clarity ? No.

Post Thanks / Like

The combination of changing soccer clubs and now training on a Thursday (rather than Friday) and being able to watch the footy live rather than watching gardening shows has got my vote.

I am a bit sad that I don't have a Bulldogs themed Foxtel remote though. I might ring them and try to hassle them for one despite already having my contract locked in.

Post Thanks / Like

The 1st launch had a really good show with Jason Bennett hosting where they dragged up past stories that were huge. The Neil Sachse tragedy, the 89 merger, Peter Crimmins story.
    Nice if they did something similar, also look at old winners or 7 Saturday night replays would be nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    The combination of changing soccer clubs and now training on a Thursday (rather than Friday) and being able to watch the footy live rather than watching gardening shows has got my vote.

I am a bit sad that I don't have a Bulldogs themed Foxtel remote though. I might ring them and try to hassle them for one despite already having my contract locked in.

Thanks, I'd forgotten about those. We have been with Foxtel for YEARS, I think they should send a Bulldogs remote my way too!!

Post Thanks / Like

I hate the Fox Footy coverage - its putrid.

Shocking bunch of commentators. Dwayne Russell tops the list. Every single game - he just blatantly barracks for the home team (he always does interstate games). Add to this - he seems to have no idea what is going on. Take Saturday night for instance - before the game, the graphic went up about the rule where if the ball goes out of bounds - whoever disposed of it last would have the free paid against them. It took Dwayne 3 quarters of footy to take any notice of what was happening and he kept making comments about the umpire deeming it deliberate. He's a fool.

Gerard Healy is painful. Dermot is utterly obsessed with the sound of his own voice, and thoroughly believes he's the most intelligent, most accomplished footy judge going around. I'm not sure if Alistair Lynch and Glen Jakovich still have jobs - but I sure as hell hope I don't have to endure them barracking for their own former clubs, whilst having no idea about any of the players for other sides outside of the stars.

The camera work tends to be terrible also. And the pre-game is so amateurish.

Post Thanks / Like

It's live, it has no ad breaks, I love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post

Shocking bunch of commentators. Dwayne Russell tops the list. Every single game - he just blatantly barracks for the home team (he always does interstate games). Add to this - he seems to have no idea what is going on. Take Saturday night for instance - before the game, the graphic went up about the rule where if the ball goes out of bounds - whoever disposed of it last would have the free paid against them. It took Dwayne 3 quarters of footy to take any notice of what was happening and he kept making comments about the umpire deeming it deliberate. He's a fool.

Gerard Healy is painful. Dermot is utterly obsessed with the sound of his own voice, and thoroughly believes he's the most intelligent, most accomplished footy judge going around. I'm not sure if Alistair Lynch and Glen Jakovich still have jobs - but I sure as hell hope I don't have to endure them barracking for their own former clubs, whilst having no idea about any of the players for other sides outside of the stars.

Surely you're not casting dispersions on Der-wayne 'From the Paint' Russell?

Derm has changed his name via deed poll to '5 Day and 5 Night'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Surely you're not casting dispersions on Der-wayne 'From the Paint' Russell?

Derm has changed his name via deed poll to '5 Day and 5 Night'.
    In fairness so would I

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post

And you still have it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    And you still have it.
    I don't have it.

Post Thanks / Like

I love it, Footy 24/7 is perfect and couldn't ask for anything more.

Won't be tuning into Eddies bs show though, they may aswell rename it to Channel Eddie.