Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  52
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ben Cousins again

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    westdog54, are you sure? I've heard WA's intent to supply and trafficing are a little more onerous than other states (appreciate your username might infer you're from WA, so happy to be educated)?
    No, I'm a Victorian Copper.

Not sure on legislation in WA but you have to have some sort of evidence of trafficking beyond the quantity in your possession (unless its an exceptionally large quantity, see below). You'd want to also find him with things like deal bags, scales, cutting agents, that sort of stuff, before you'd consider going after him for trafficking, unless he's made admissions in an interview.

Having said that, the Drugs Poisons and Controlled Substances Act also has defined Traffickable, Commercial and Large Commercial quantities of illegal substances. It would have to be a significant amount to prove a charge of trafficking.

Post Thanks / Like

They have been watching him for 8 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    No, I'm a Victorian Copper.

Not sure on legislation in WA but you have to have some sort of evidence of trafficking beyond the quantity in your possession (unless its an exceptionally large quantity, see below). You'd want to also find him with things like deal bags, scales, cutting agents, that sort of stuff, before you'd consider going after him for trafficking, unless he's made admissions in an interview.

Having said that, the Drugs Poisons and Controlled Substances Act also has defined Traffickable, Commercial and Large Commercial quantities of illegal substances. It would have to be a significant amount to prove a charge of trafficking.
    Being reported that he had 4 grams on him, is that a substantial amount?
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Clearly it's not.
    It's not ATM, but I've seen people come back from a lot worse places then Ben. We have a Teen Challenge here in Ky and they do fantastic work(Gary Ablett spent a fair bit of time there), but he has to want to change first.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    I thought it was reported as over 4 grams.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I thought it was reported as over 4 grams.
    From the HUN "found carrying four grams", doesn't really matter.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a horrible situation for Ben and family. The guy clearly needs help and the appropriate support structure around him.

Hopefully he is back in rehab before he is due in court.

Post Thanks / Like

Stashed in his rectum on the way to a rehab centre. Seems he was undermining himself in a big way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Just so sad the guy is so messed up. Let's not forget, he's also someone's brother, son and now, father.
    So true Andrew - I think if you ask most addicts (be it drugs/alcohol) they would tell you they don't really wanted to be addicted! Incredibly sad now that he has a little one!

Post Thanks / Like

So sad. Everyone wanted this story to have a happy ending - I guess that's still possible, it just seems a whole lot further away now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    2 Grams is a commercial quantity.

Post Thanks / Like

Over Ben Cousins.......

The parents arer the ones suffering here and their son a DH who can't help himself.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I found it pathetic that CH7 felt the need to get in his face at Perth Airport on Wendnesday (of Thursday, can't recall).

Firstly, the last thing I'd want to be doing for a job is antagonise and follow a meth addict with a microphone and camera. Particularly if the meth addict happened to have been stripped of over four grams of meth, arrested and charged with serious criminal offences. Asking for trouble IMO.

Secondly, the guy is clearly very ill. At what stage does the media say enough's enough?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I found it pathetic that CH7 felt the need to get in his face at Perth Airport on Wendnesday (of Thursday, can't recall).

Firstly, the last thing I'd want to be doing for a job is antagonise and follow a meth addict with a microphone and camera. Particularly if the meth addict happened to have been stripped of over four grams of meth, arrested and charged with serious criminal offences. Asking for trouble IMO.

Secondly, the guy is clearly very ill. At what stage does the media say enough's enough?
    Spot on. Their constant harassment of Cousins (and anyone else they are after a story on) is disgusting. I saw that and was kind of hoping he did lash out at them, they would have deserved it. Apparently he told one oin the plane she could ask two questions (which he then answered). But for the parasites following him, that wasn't enough

In answer to your next question, they likely won't stop until he's six feet under. And then they'll probably write about what a champion he was.Your right they are pathetic.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Spot on. Their constant harassment of Cousins (and anyone else they are after a story on) is disgusting. I saw that and was kind of hoping he did lash out at them, they would have deserved it. Apparently he told one oin the plane she could ask two questions (which he then answered). But for the parasites following him, that wasn't enough

In answer to your next question, they likely won't stop until he's six feet under. And then they'll probably write about what a champion he was.Your right they are pathetic.
    He has to expect it, he has made big money out of the media, if you use it for your advantage at times you have to take the good with the bad.

Especially when he made a special about his drug addiction that was so popular people want to know the next episode.

Cold facts are if he doesnt want the media around him its too late when he is a human headline created by himself.
    Bring back the biff