Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 10 - Other Matches

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    You can't touch Nick Riewoldt when the umpires are in this mood.
    Every time the ball came near him he wanted a free!

Post Thanks / Like

Big win by the Tiges ( someone will need to find a lid me thinks)
    Cotchin J Riewoldt and Deledio superb, Stkilda's weaknessess down back and in the ruck are glaring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Big win by the Tiges ( someone will need to find a lid me thinks)
    Cotchin J Riewoldt and Deledio superb, Stkilda's weaknessess down back and in the ruck are glaring.
    Throw big Ivan into that mix, very dominate.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Throw big Ivan into that mix, very dominate.
    I agree with Watters a lot of circle work.
    The game was played on Richmonds terms I thought, and Maric has shocked me with how good he is. All I remember at the Crows is Craig giving him both barrels constantly!!

Post Thanks / Like

Jack Riewoldt is the Joe the Goose king of the AFL. Massively overrated game tonight. It was Richmond's defence and midfield that won them the game.

Cracker of a match by the way, although I'm not sure the coaches would have loved the absolute ease with which goals were scored. Richmond have some genuine substance to this rebuild.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Jack Riewoldt is the Joe the Goose king of the AFL. Massively overrated game tonight. It was Richmond's defence and midfield that won them the game.

Cracker of a match by the way, although I'm not sure the coaches would have loved the absolute ease with which goals were scored. Richmond have some genuine substance to this rebuild.
    He kicked 3 or 4 of the easiest goals you'll ever see.

Against a classy midfield, the St Kilda back line will continue to get carved up. I struggle to comprehend how we got beaten so badly by them, but I guess we just butchered the ball over and over again.

Back on Richmond - I'm not sure how well their game style will hold up in September (if they get there), but it'll be fun watching them.

Rance is a massive improver. He looks very assured in a one on one contest and reads the play very well. A number of times he peeled off his man to effect a spoil he had no right getting to. Batchelor is a very solid third tall and uses the ball well.

They're still too reliant on Riewoldt but having Deledio, Martin and Cotchin as goal kicking mids will help cover a lack of forward depth.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

Jack Reiwoldt was who we should have taken at 11 in 2006 rather than Everitt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Unfortunately he wasn't skinny enough or speculative enough for our tastes, neither was Frawley who was taken with the next pick.

Skinny, soft, and with no defined position to play, that's how Scott Clayton likes his key position players.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm aware of that, but he really is overrated. He cheated tonight and got on the end of 4 absolute cheapies - the lack of handball to Nahas for his 8th goal was a perfect illustration of his individualistic mindset.

Post Thanks / Like

Was at the game tonight, it was played in a manner that you can really appreciate as a neutral. Big grabs and some classic goals in amongst a hot footy and some solid heavy work.

I thought Jack was immense, but Richmond's defence was even mores. Just kept turning the Saints away. Captain Collapse being the rat he is got some cheapies through flopping and cooking and crying but it just wasn't enough to break the Tigers backs. I hated feeling obliged to get around the Tiges, but I hate the Saints and the way Richmond played made for great footy.

It was only the 2nd game of AFL/VFL not featuring the Dogs I've been to. In 28 years. Geez they're all feral.

Post Thanks / Like

Richmond are great to watch.

I love the trio of Cotchin, Martin and Deledio -- such a dynamic group.

Still need another 2 good forwards as it's really only Riewoldt and Nahas.

Side note: it disgusts me that we still can't beat St. Kilda.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Great crowd for Etihad over 49,000 treated to a great match.
    Bit sad we could only pull 29,000 last week
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Clayton didn't think he would end up a KP player
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Bit sad we could only pull 29,000 last week
    That was our worst crowd number for 6 or 7 years at Eithad versus Geelong. It was a very cold and miserable night and with live TV, I guess alot of Geelong supporters ( and Bulldogs) didn't show up.

On Richmond, they have surprised me so far as they are starting to beat some of the more fancied teams. I wonder how far they can go.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That was our worst crowd number for 6 or 7 years at Eithad versus Geelong. It was a very cold and miserable night and with live TV, I guess alot of Geelong supporters ( and Bulldogs) didn't show up.
    The Werribee train line being closed due to a crash also probably played a role in the low number too.