Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lucy Cornes in Twitter attack after Will Minson offends Port Adelaide players wit

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    I think this should've been a WOOF group...
    I fully endorse this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lucy Cornes in Twitter attack after Will Minson offends Port Adelaide players wit

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    No doubting we are piss weak when it comes to these off the field issues.
    This has been par for the course for a number of years now. We are anything but a robust administration.

I'm not even fussed by the action taken against Will - he does have priors and it was unnecessary by him to engage in such activity. But I can't cop our admin being complicit in burning his reputation at the stake and allowing all and sundry to air their vitriol. Matty Scarlett FFS - the same bloke who Robert Harvey refused to shake hands with after a final in 2008, suh was the level of sledging engaged by him at the time. Kane Cornes - the bloke who makes derisive comments about the death of Will's father. Port Adelaide - the indignant, scorned, agggreived club who had a player pot Rama and his chemo treatment and laughed it off at the time. It shits me no end that our admin cowtow to city hall in some desperate and futile attempt to 'appease sponsors and stakeholders'. Minson has spilt blood for the club over 10 years and we are seemingly happy to arsehole him overnight - he deserved so much more from his club in his hour of need today. We truly are weak as piss off the field and have been for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He had made a mistake or two along the way but I think he is a great bloke at the club.
    Rocket said the same thing on Fox Footy
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Tache you and Lantern conveniently forgot about Collingwood suspending Wellingham for 2 matches. He missed a rehab session. Collingwood didn't worry about hurting their members feelings by suspending Wellingham nor should our Club worry about upsetting a few supporters on a forum by suspending Will.
    Apples and oranges. Suspending players because they break YOUR OWN team rules is one thing, failing to defend them from all and sundry is another thing altogether. Supporters love it when their club takes a strong stance on a player who breaks team rules. Not so much when they are tried, hung and quartered by every half-wit who lives within five metres an AFL sanctioned microphone and you just meekly agree.

You think Eddie would have suspended Wellingham because of a complaint from Will Minson or Liam Picken? Dreaming.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Rocket said the same thing on Fox Footy
    Yet the glorious Adelaide media chose to edit out where rocket said he was a good bloke. The whole Cornes reaction sickens me. It's a sign of a weak argument when you have to bring up something from 4 years ago. Serial? When is twice in a ten year career serial?

Across all sports, from teenagers to masters, sledging with a reference to your mum has been a part of life for centuries. It simply stays on the field. Weak as p...water.

I would have preferred the club to stand by Will but perhaps it was time for a ruck rotation anyway.

I have loved Wills endeavor and intensity, I hope he doesn't take too much of a back step after this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I was talking about the R word, which players have been advised is a no go zone.
    good thing Minson didn't go there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    good thing Minson didn't go there
    Fair enough.

Wonder what he said then as he wouldn't have got a week for saying 'I f##### your mum last night'.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Fair enough.

Wonder what he said then as he wouldn't have got a week for saying 'I f##### your mum last night'.
    That's exactly why he got a week. Liam Picken backed up Minson's story.

The AFL is pathetic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    That's exactly why he got a week. Liam Picken backed up Minson's story.

The AFL is pathetic.
    My point exactly.
    If more was said, then why hasn't Picken been punished too?
    Picken strikes me as pretty honest.

Post Thanks / Like

It may count against us if we are planning on trading in Boak onto our list.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Furtanken View Post
    If more was said, then why hasn't Picken been punished too?
    If more was said, Minson would have gotten 4-6 weeks and a 20k fine. AFL posturing on 'respect for women' is one of the cornerstones of their propaganda blitz, so they would have thrown the book at him and then some had the language been stronger.

What he said was what has been widely reported - nice work Garlo and co for assisting in Minno's character assassination

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    This has been par for the course for a number of years now. We are anything but a robust administration.

I'm not even fussed by the action taken against Will - he does have priors and it was unnecessary by him to engage in such activity. But I can't cop our admin being complicit in burning his reputation at the stake and allowing all and sundry to air their vitriol. Matty Scarlett FFS - the same bloke who Robert Harvey refused to shake hands with after a final in 2008, suh was the level of sledging engaged by him at the time. Kane Cornes - the bloke who makes derisive comments about the death of Will's father. Port Adelaide - the indignant, scorned, agggreived club who had a player pot Rama and his chemo treatment and laughed it off at the time. It shits me no end that our admin cowtow to city hall in some desperate and futile attempt to 'appease sponsors and stakeholders'. Minson has spilt blood for the club over 10 years and we are seemingly happy to arsehole him overnight - he deserved so much more from his club in his hour of need today. We truly are weak as piss off the field and have been for a long time.

If he had been smart enough to have his spat one on one, he might have gotten away with it. But he said it near the bench, surrounded by opposition and chose to use terms that are out of step with where the game is today. Not very smart. The Ramanauskas and Cornes thing were in the past, but this is the new reality. Look at how the media love getting on their soap box about this ? And what is the new reality? The AFL is more and more under the influence of women, mothers, who may very well decide the round ball game is better for their kids. The Administration doesn't want mothers stop allowing their children to play as they have more options than ever before. So it goes.

Fantasia went on camera and defended Will's character. ' A quality individual' IIRC. How is this arseholing him?
    ' In his hour of need: what a funny statement. He's a big boy and can handle himself. Thought Will did really well on camera and was contrite. People who know him are well aware of his charity work and good character. Think the 'real' footy community will have little time for this. Port Adelaide needed a consolation prize anyway after their dismal loss and mounting injury list. This is a club that perhaps doesn't deserve to be in the AFL.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Fantasia went on camera and defended Will's character. ' A quality individual' IIRC. How is this arseholing him?
    ' In his hour of need: what a funny statement. He's a big boy and can handle himself. If he had been smart enough to have his spat one on one, he might have gotten away with it. But he said it near the bench, surrounded by opposition and chose to use terms that are out of step with where the game is today. Not very smart. The Ramanauskas and Cornes thing were in the past, but this is the new reality. Look at how the media love getting on their soap box about this ?
    It's like those two swimmers holding guns. Modern athletes have to be prepared to deal with the nanny state and the vitriol of social media. The AFL is more and more under the influence of women. The Administration doesn't want mothers stop allowing their kids to play. So it goes.
    I would have liked our response to include such wording as this:
    "The public comments made by some of Will's fellow professional players, relatives of current players and certain media commentators have been extremely disappointing and have not assisted at all in managing this sensitive issue".

Do you think that an Eddie McGuire would have accepted the character assassination of one of his players in the same situation that Will has been foreced to endure the last couple of days? Character assassinations from such luminaries as Matty Scarlett (the guy who Rob Harvey refused to shake hands with in a final in 2008, such was his verbal assault), Kane Cornes (the bloke who made a disparaging remark about Minson's deceased father, which triggered Minson's response to him that first got him in trouble), or Graham Cornes (the bloke who thought a comment made by a Port player about Rama's chemo affecting his brain was 'quite witty'). Eddie would have barbed right back and made the point about supporting one of his own, something we failed to do for Will. Just my opinion on the matter and I'm certainly not potting Fantasia in isolation on this one - he was just the messenger and it goes much higher than him.

Post Thanks / Like

"The public comments made by some of Will's fellow professional players, relatives of current players and certain media commentators have been extremely disappointing and have not assisted at all in managing this sensitive issue".

Do you think that an Eddie McGuire would have accepted the character assassination of one of his players in the same situation that Will has been foreced to endure the last couple of days? Character assassinations from such luminaries as Matty Scarlett (the guy who Rob Harvey refused to shake hands with in a final in 2008, such was his verbal assault), Kane Cornes (the bloke who made a disparaging remark about Minson's deceased father, which triggered Minson's response to him that first got him in trouble), or Graham Cornes (the bloke who thought a comment made by a Port player about Rama's chemo affecting his brain was 'quite witty'). Eddie would have barbed right back and made the point about supporting one of his own, something we failed to do for Will. Just my opinion on the matter and I'm certainly not potting Fantasia in isolation on this one - he was just the messenger and it goes much higher than him.
    Good post Sedat.

Once more we see one our players being treated with double standards and the club not backing them up.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood do show a bit of barb in the public arena. Youare upset as we don't do the same? Well, if we had their historical narrative, supporter base, media experience and cash we may well do. But we are not Collingwood and we don't have Eddie McGuire, as much as we would like to dream. I tend to think the opposite. Our club is super careful and 'bland' because they simply care to keep the ship steady, and are not that confident in the media. ( Actually I have noted a worrying trend also and that is many of the staff at the Dogs are supporters of other clubs! But that's another story )

Port players have noted Will's charity work and Cassissi has said he thought in general, Will was a good guy. So I'm not sure what I have read amounts to a total character assassination. Scarlet, Cornes, these are all thugs who's careers are coming to an end. Just pissing in the wind.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus