Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lucy Cornes in Twitter attack after Will Minson offends Port Adelaide players wit

Its pretty farcical.

If what Minson said was in fact along the lines of "I f****d your mum..." and that has caused offence to the point where its trotted out in the media, and under AFL investigation - then its mystifying.

Anyone who had played footy - or probably any contact sport for that matter - has heard this sort of stuff regularly. I'm not saying its not stupid - it is, but its so stupid that you don't take offence to it. Its just nonsense to laugh off.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lucy Cornes in Twitter attack after Will Minson offends Port Adelaide players wit

1. Would Lenny Hayes or Jimmy Bartel have been soft enough to be offended by this? Would they have run to Big Brother to protect them from big bad Will Minson? Would they have allowed their club to come out saying today that they are 'supporting them in this difficult time'? FFS, whatever Will said, Danyle needs to pull his head out and get out into the real world and see what a difficult time really is.

2. I've had it with bogan culture for a while, but it just flourishes in this game. I can't imagine a more ludicrously ironic situation than a Cornes WAG calling a noted intellectual (Will) an oxygen thief.

3. Will may be suspended, but it's Pearce that will be tarred with this for the rest of his career. Soft is worse than stupid.

To paraphrase whatever the hell it was that Will said, the AFL can go ******* itself.

Post Thanks / Like

Another question is would they have complained had they won the game?

Post Thanks / Like

Fwiw my view- race, religion + family issues surrounding death, severe illness and word rape = no go. I understand AFL PR issues for anything 'lighter' but it needs to be transparent i.e. auto suspension/fine for any taunting about family. Right now it's just too unclear and massive sense of guessing punishments that fit.

Post Thanks / Like

The umps lodged a complaint apparently anyway so it would have come out.

Isn't there a court ruling that if the statement is obviously not true and any reasonable person can see that then it is actually satire not slander. On the other hand if I am at work and some fella I don't like starts saying he has shagged my mum I would want some action taken.

The bright side of this is we get to see a young ruckman play first ruck and we now have a very healthy rivalry with Port.

Minno was just plain dumb, second time and of all teams it was Port again!!!!! Add this to Shermans little effort and we are getting a nasty reputation for better or worse.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Minno was just plain dumb, second time and of all teams it was Port again!!!!! Add this to Shermans little effort and we are getting a nasty reputation for better or worse.
    Yes a racial sledge is the same as an obvious lie.

Post Thanks / Like

If Will said what it's alleged he said, then I think Danyle Pearce is an idiot for not shrugging it off. But I also think Will is an idiot for saying it, and I'm disappointed. This is not the kind of publicity we want for our club, particularly on top of the Sherman incident last year, it just makes the club look like a pack of bogans and I believe we're better than that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    Yes a racial sledge is the same as an obvious lie.
    Don't get me wrong, I think it is political correctness gone mad but no matter what was said by Minno or Sherman the end results have been a whole lot of bad publicity for the club.

Would you deny that Chops?

Post Thanks / Like

It really sums up Pearce well.
    The softness shows in his general game.

This is a great article on "being offended".

http://www.heraldscotland.com/commen...medy-1.1083012

Honestly, walk it off princess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Well if the AFL are going the moral highground,can they please stop the slander hiding under social networking by Girlfriends, Wives , Boyfriends(not that there's anything wrong with that)
    Please!!!
    Good point. They have stopped players and families of players betting on particular games involving that player why not ban families of players"tweeting" on games which are before the tribunal. The player can't tweet about particular games, reports and umpires. What is the difference? For all we know it is the player "hiding behind" his wife's comment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I think it is political correctness gone mad but no matter what was said by Minno or Sherman the end results have been a whole lot of bad publicity for the club.

Would you deny that Chops?
    Unfortunately true and it is something the Club doesn't need.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Furtanken View Post
    It really sums up Pearce well.
    The softness shows in his general game.

This is a great article on "being offended".

http://www.heraldscotland.com/commen...medy-1.1083012

Honestly, walk it off princess.
    Good article but I am not sure Pearce paid to see the Will Minson show when he laced his boots up so it is a tenuous connection at best in my humble opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly no matter what he said about his mum they can harden up! Just an excuse to get in the media! If they cant handle the heat, then get out of the kitchen!

We are known to be a hard club that loves the hard stuff.. We aint no St Kilda or Port Adelaide that loves their fairy floss and gets offended when somebody tells them they dont like their knew hair cut. The media needs to get off it and start paying attention to the real issues! Like Wallis getting 29 disposals and being favourite for the rising star this year
    Last edited by GVGjr; 19-06-2012 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language quote removed

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw on Twitter that the club has imposed a 1 week suspension on Will

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/we...6/default.aspx

Minson accepts Club sanction

The Western Bulldogs today imposed a one match suspension on Will Minson for using insulting language in an exchange with Danyle Pearce, during Sunday's game against Port Adelaide.

In addition to the suspension, Minson will formally apologise to Pearce and the Port Adelaide Football Club and undertake education in line with the AFL’s Respect and Responsibility Policy.

"The Club has the highest of expectations when it comes to players' behaviour both on and off the field,” Bulldogs Chief Executive, Simon Garlick said today.

"While Will is genuinely remorseful for his actions - the Club will not tolerate the use of inappropriate and offensive comments, especially in regards to women”.

Minson said that he recognised his comments were inappropriate and offensive and accepted the sanction.

"I sincerely apologise for my comments and regret they have caused hurt and offense to Danyle, his family and the Port Adelaide Football Club,” Minson said today.

"I realise there are no excuses for my behaviour and I accept the sanction given to me by the Club”.