Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Lake gone

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake gone

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Desi, players only walk if they are not happy at a club. Happy players are ones that are looked after by the coach and management of the club. If we manage our players properly, they wouldn't want to go.

In Lakes case things are already coming out:

1. The club decided they don't want him at Fullback.

2. The coach barely talks to him half way through the season.

What do you expect him to do?

To call him a fruit loop, is disrespectful to a club champion.
    Which one of the above statements by you are factual?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Which one of the above statements by you are factual?
    Macca told my mate in the rooms before the Brissie game that Lake won't be fullback in the future. Now confirmed by list manager on SEN.

Second one mentioned by Mantis here and he has inside connections so I have no reason to doubt him.

PS: Murphy will also not play back any more.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Macca told my mate in the rooms before the Brissie game that Lake won't be fullback in the future. Now confirmed by list manager on SEN.

Second one mentioned by Mantis here and he has inside connections so I have no reason to doubt him.

PS: Murphy will also not play back any more.
    So what if Macca said he wont play full back anymore? Perhaps he meant he wont be playing with us anymore?
    Lake does his own thing down back, plays on his own terms. It worked when we were winning.
    From what I can see Macca is trying to instil a team comes first approach, he believed Lake did not display these qualities.
    You know what? I agree with him.

If he wants to play Murphy elsewhere, thats ok as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Not as many as the Dogs. We lost how many Brownlow medallists, plus gave away three players that went on to get Brownlows. No other club in history has done what we have.
    How much of that has been in the past 20 years though, or even under the draft system. I get what you are saying but a lot of it is effectively ancient history. Half the kids on this site probably don't even know who Dempsey and Quinlan are let alone have seen them play. We really haven't lost that many champion players for a long time. Admittedly we lost a couple of promising kids under extraordinary circumstances (and some fault of our own on ward) but Grant, Jonno, West, Darcy and Smith all finished up with us. Last true champ I can think of that left was Hawkins and that was probably more on him than us. You could potentially argue Cameron but we did alright out of that.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    How much of that has been in the past 20 years though, or even under the draft system. I get what you are saying but a lot of it is effectively ancient history. Half the kids on this site probably don't even know who Dempsey and Quinlan are let alone have seen them play. We really haven't lost that many champion players for a long time. Admittedly we lost a couple of promising kids under extraordinary circumstances (and some fault of our own on ward) but Grant, Jonno, West, Darcy and Smith all finished up with us. Last true champ I can think of that left was Hawkins and that was probably more on him than us. You could potentially argue Cameron but we did alright out of that.
    Ward, Harbrow, Lake, Hawkins, Cameron, Brown - last 20 years

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Whilst I tend to agree with you that the club has been poorly run and coached over the last couple of years almost every club would have a list like that from the last 20 years.

Dougie was cooked. He now freely acknowledges that he regrets the fact he went to Fitzroy. We were well compensated for Brown leaving even though we wasted the picks we got and it's not as if he set the world on fire at Richmond. Cameron got us the picks we got Mitch Hahn and Ryan Hargrave with-I think it's fair to say we came out in front on that one. We used the Harbrow pick on Justin Sherman. Ward was a kick in the guts and we didnt get enough compensation for him but lets wait and see what we do with the pick we got for him before we go gouging our eyes out over his leaving.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Spare a thought for the Adelaide Footy club. I know they have few fans here, but they have been done just as badly if not worse through a combination of factors.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

It is interesting to note that of the players you have listed up until Lake not one of them actually went to a successful club. The same could be said of Hardie,Dempsey,Quinlan,Bisset, Round, Templeton,Wilson, Baker etc who all never achieved the ultimate premiership success. The two exceptions however were Robert McGhie and David Thorpe, both with Richmond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    It is interesting to note that of the players you have listed up until Lake not one of them actually went to a successful club. The same could be said of Hardie,Dempsey,Quinlan,Bisset, Round, Templeton,Wilson, Baker etc who all never achieved the ultimate premiership success. The two exceptions however were Robert McGhie and David Thorpe, both with Richmond.
    Yes lets hope the same happens to Lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes lets hope the same happens to Lake.
    Better still lets hope it us that knocks them out of the finals.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Spare a thought for the Adelaide Footy club. I know they have few fans here, but they have been done just as badly if not worse through a combination of factors.
    Never

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Whilst I tend to agree with you that the club has been poorly run and coached over the last couple of years almost every club would have a list like that from the last 20 years.

Dougie was cooked. He now freely acknowledges that he regrets the fact he went to Fitzroy. We were well compensated for Brown leaving even though we wasted the picks we got and it's not as if he set the world on fire at Richmond. Cameron got us the picks we got Mitch Hahn and Ryan Hargrave with-I think it's fair to say we came out in front on that one. We used the Harbrow pick on Justin Sherman. Ward was a kick in the guts and we didnt get enough compensation for him but lets wait and see what we do with the pick we got for him before we go gouging our eyes out over his leaving.
    Just off the top of my head;

Hawthorn- Brereton, Salmon, Eade, Croad, Williams, Hay, Thompson, Brown, Kennedy

Collingwood- Tarrant, Rocca, Francis, Michael, Williams,

Essendon- Salmon, Merritt, Johnson, Richards

West Coast- Judd, Cousins, Ball, Gehrig, Gardiner

Norf- Carey, McKernan, Bell, Martyn

Sydney- Jolly, Hall

Post Thanks / Like

Wrong decision. Right decision. This still makes me feel sick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Just off the top of my head;

Hawthorn- Brereton, Salmon, Eade, Croad, Williams, Hay, Thompson, Brown, Kennedy

Collingwood- Tarrant, Rocca, Francis, Michael, Williams,

Essendon- Salmon, Merritt, Johnson, Richards

West Coast- Judd, Cousins, Ball, Gehrig, Gardiner

Norf- Carey, McKernan, Bell, Martyn

Sydney- Jolly, Hall
    Add Wanganeen to the Essendon list.

St Kilda-Lockett, Hall, Ball, Lappin, Everitt, Goddard

Carlton-Hammil, Kennedy, Jacobs, Allan, Porter, Fevola

Port-Stevens, Burgouyne, Eagleton, French, Carr

Brisbane-Akermanis, Bradshaw, Lawrence, Headland, Brennen, Rischitelli
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

So the story is Brian's thrown the toys out the cot because he didn't get his way.
    Seriously?