Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Lake gone

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake gone

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    So the story is Brian's thrown the toys out the cot because he didn't get his way.
    Seriously?
    You know thats BS.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Spare a thought for the Adelaide Footy club. I know they have few fans here, but they have been done just as badly if not worse through a combination of factors.
    Yes 2 premierships, a good coach and reasonable list. Poor Adelaide.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Brian was painted as a bit of a tight-arse and loved his money more than others. If that's true why would he drop 200K and for go another year of 600K+?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    I thought Brian was painted as a bit of a tight-arse and loved his money more than others. If that's true why would he drop 200K and for go another year of 600K+?
    It's probably got something to do with him having a problem with the club, and the club having a problem with him.

Couple that with an opportunity to win a flag and there you have it.

Post Thanks / Like

31 year olds tend to drop off pretty fast. One thing to keep in mind.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's probably got something to do with him having a problem with the club, and the club having a problem with him.

Don't know.
    If I had a problem with the club and I was a tight-arse. I'd hold them to ransom for all I was owed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    Don't know.
    If I had a problem with the club and I was a tight-arse. I'd hold them to ransom for all I was owed.
    Yeah, but that would mean you'd need to play there in an environment you might not be happy with, or in a role you're not happy with.

This way Brian is a sure thing of maintaining a contract at a club with its window open, for a year beyond the expiry date of his current term with an option of a third. If all goes well it might mean he earns more dollars this way, especially if the third year is triggered.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You know this for a fact do you.
    I can only go on my own personal experiences.

Taken the kids to a few family days and seen the brilliant Brian in action with the kids.
    Also had the displeasure of seeing the not so brilliant space cadet Brian with the kids.

You can define Brian any way you like, but I define him as an amazingly great footballer, certainly one of the best backmen I have seen at our club, a true leader in defence who leads by example, but also someone who has had some issues which at times have affected his capacity to play football and uphold what the bulldogs stand for.

Just my .02 west footscray roubles.

Post Thanks / Like

So, from many reports things deteriorated between Lake, Eade and last year's coaching panel, and it's now shaping that he wanted out under the current coaching panel..............

There's a common demoninator in all of this.
    And yet, I've heard both Lake and Eade say things were fine between them. "Reports" have had Lake gone for a couple of years...they got it right eventually.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Angelo, that picture is horrible! I have now moved my Brian fridge magnet to the side of the fridge where I can't see it. Should I throw it in the bin? I can't believe he's switched teams.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    And yet, I've heard both Lake and Eade say things were fine between them. "Reports" have had Lake gone for a couple of years...they got it right eventually.
    I'll wait for their respective memoirs, as right now and for the short term at least it's in both of their interests to publicly give the impression they maintained a solid relationship.

Perhaps in a few years time when Eade isn't coaching and having to prove he can adapt to different personalities, and Lake isn't playing and having to prove he can be trusted to keep mum by coaching staff we'll find out how things really were between the two.

Until such time I'm sceptical, there's just too many consistent whispers about their relationship deteriorating in the latter years of Eade's tenure for me to ignore them.

Anyhow, both are gone now so it's all largely irrelevant. Only 16 weeks to go before the joys of another season roll around!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Good deal, well done to the club to get another first round.
    I agree, after a days deep thought. Brian's only got 1-3 years left, and he won't play finals again with us, but he may with them and we save $$$$ plus we get developing picks. get over it people, we have to rebuild & I think Macca is the bloke to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they signed him for 2 years plus the option of a 3rd, whereas he only had 1 more with us.
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but that would mean you'd need to play there in an environment you might not be happy with, or in a role you're not happy with.

This way Brian is a sure thing of maintaining a contract at a club with its window open, for a year beyond the expiry date of his current term with an option of a third. If all goes well it might mean he earns more dollars this way, especially if the third year is triggered.
    Quote Originally Posted by gogriff View Post
    I think they signed him for 2 years plus the option of a 3rd, whereas he only had 1 more with us.
    Correct

Pretty good deal for him, really.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps in a few years time when Eade isn't coaching and having to prove he can adapt to different personalities, and Lake isn't playing and having to prove he can be trusted to keep mum by coaching staff we'll find out how things really were between the two.
    Lake certainly played the best football of his career under Rocket, and coming from being borderline scrapheap material upon Rocket's arrival at the club. I'm sure they didn't see eye to eye 100% of the time but some of the work Lake did out on the field was as good as it gets.