Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hunter's gun

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter's gun

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I've wondered how this might work. If its just a paternity test, screw recruiting characters, lets recruit "players" We could even send our players to the Olympic village every four years with dodgy contraception. How's that for taking initiative?

Also I wonder how adopted kids are treated. I assume they don't count.
    It's not a legitimate answer,, but I laughed at this....

http://thedailymaggot.com/?p=2372
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I found something perhaps a little more legit.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-foot...509-1ycw8.html
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

A more serious answer is yes, they can.

Hawthorn were/will be eligible to take John Platten's son (James Stewart) despite Platten having had little/nothing to do with him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    A more serious answer is yes, they can.

Hawthorn were/will be eligible to take John Platten's son (James Stewart) despite Platten having had little/nothing to do with him
    Any chance of a link? Not questioning you, just like the guy as he was a bloody good footballer and was extremely courteous to my brother and I one day prior to a game in the Waverley members secstion prior to the game in 1990 where we won by a goal or two against the odds.

He was such a good footballer, and he seemed to just slip away after retirement. Anyone know what he's up to now?

Sorry to derail the thread, PM me if you have anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He was such a good footballer, and he seemed to just slip away after retirement. Anyone know what he's up to now? .
    Sorry I am derailing the thread.

About ten years ago I was working in my office in a large private Retail company as the CFO (and extremely flat out) when my PA said there is a bloke out the front who wants to see you about becoming a Stationary supplier. I said who is it and it turned out to be Platten.

He was over from SA to attend the Whitten Footy legends match and was doing some business at the same time. Anyway, cut a long story short I said I couldn't see him as I was too busy but could another day. He decided to leave me two tickets to a corporate box to watch the match. I couldn't attend so I gave them to one of the guys in the office. About an hour later he rings back says can he have the tickets back as he promised them to some one else.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.