Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adam Cooney Flying

Anyone think we can make the 8 next year if Cooney gets back to his best?

Our big weakness up forward may look a bit different with another year into the talls, and a couple of draftees, PSD picks and trade-ins contributing.
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gogriff View Post

Our big weakness up forward may look a bit different with another year into the talls, and a couple of draftees, PSD picks and trade-ins contributing.
    I think its beyond us but a fit and firing Cooney wins us a couple of games.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

That and drafting Tippett(not that it's going to happen) would put us in the ball park.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    That and drafting Tippett(not that it's going to happen) would put us in the ball park.
    Robert Murphy is meant to be going forward again as well.

Dickson Murphy Higgins
    Dahlhaus Tippett Giansiracusa
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if the coach will persist with him as a forward, to lighten the load?
    Murph and Cooney ( Fit ) in the forward line could cause some tricky match ups for opposition coaches.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

A fully fit Adam Cooney 2008 25 games - 311 kicks - 98 marks - 326 handballs - 637 disposals - 23 goals - 65 tackles - 1 Brownlow

Adam is a bit older ( 27 ) but stronger , if he is confident in his patella and that the treatment has fully controlled the swelling and gets his base fitness up to play 4 quarters in the midfield , then a 550+ disposal season would be awesome

Not sure about the making the 8 , if by Round 12 against Collingwood after the bye we are 9th or 10th and our back six is settled then we could well push up into the 8

Post Thanks / Like

Damn. To see Coons at full flight again, I think I'd shed a tear. It's about time we had something go our way against the odds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Cautious optimism, but we get him right and we have the best 'recruit' in the competition.

Last person to declare himself 'flying' was Neville Bartos. Didn't quite pan out for Nev.
    To be fair Coons didn't declare himself flying Murph did.

Also close the thread we're jinxing it.

Post Thanks / Like

REGENOKINE

Developed by Dr Peter Wehling

HOW IT WORKS

A patient's blood is withdrawn, incubated at a slightly higher temperature ( to "give the blood a fever'') and spun in a centrifuge. At that point, the blood cells produce proteins that decrease inflammation and push cellular growth. Sometimes Dr Wehling adds more anti-inflammatory proteins. Then, he injects the final solution back into the aggravated area. Normally it involves five injections over a five-day period.

I was at an AFL season launch breakfast a couple of years back and was sitting with Andrew Welsh from Essendon - and he explained the treatment he was having on his hip at the time - and it sounded exactly like what is being described here. If it is indeed the same process - I'm surprised Essendon were doing this two years ago for (at least) one of its players - and for us, Cooney had to find out about it surfing the web.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    We're at least a 2 win better team with a fully fit Cooney. Might seem silly to say in a team sport but I think he makes that big a difference to us. Plus he's bloody excellent to watch in full flight.
    Without doing the typical fan forum thing and outdoing each other with optimism, I'll say 3 wins. Just because it's an area where we don't have anyone else that comes close to what he can produce.

I'm saying 4 wins!!!!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    REGENOKINE

HOW IT WORKS

A patient's blood is withdrawn, incubated at a slightly higher temperature ( to "give the blood a fever'') and spun in a centrifuge. At that point, the blood cells produce proteins that decrease inflammation and push cellular growth. Sometimes Dr Wehling adds more anti-inflammatory proteins. Then, he injects the final solution back into the aggravated area. Normally it involves five injections over a five-day period.

I was at an AFL season launch breakfast a couple of years back and was sitting with Andrew Welsh from Essendon - and he explained the treatment he was having on his hip at the time - and it sounded exactly like what is being described here. If it is indeed the same process - I'm surprised Essendon were doing this two years ago for (at least) one of its players - and for us, Cooney had to find out about it surfing the web.
    Essendon's resources >>>>>>>>>>>>> our resources

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    REGENOKINE

HOW IT WORKS

According to Coons he is the first AFL player to have this treatment done in Germany. A few players have had some comparable treatment done at Olympic Park in the past.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    According to Coons he is the first AFL player to have this treatment done in Germany. A few players have had some comparable treatment done at Olympic Park in the past.
    Yep in one of the videos on our website.

Gee I love being able to keep track of the goings on now, with the improved member communications.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

What terrific news this is. After his 2011 season I was convinced Adam was finished but after reading that there sees to be some hope. If Coons can stay on the training track for the whole pre-season pain free, we could see career best form.
    4 years of always being in pain would have been a huge mental weight on Adams shoulders. Not knowing if he will ever be able to play pain free would have put him in a horrible mental state. Playing pain free, a couple of years wiser & a desire to make every game count is a recipe for career best form, well heres hoping anyway.
    If this happens then this German doctor needs to knighted. Good luck Adam, you're certainly due some.

Post Thanks / Like

This is great news!! Cooney firing! Griffen is a gun but gets too much attention from the opposition.. Now with Cooney looking like he may get back to some of his best I'm starting to feel bad for some of the opposition.. Going to be very exciting to watch

Now I REALLY can't wait for the season to begin!! Good news
    [B]I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. [/B]