Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs look set to pounce on Brent Prismall

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    It's strange. Yet I have a lot of faith in our recruiting team. Maybe they know something we don't about the way his training has been managed at Port, the environment, injury or other factors.
    GD, I have a feeling this is a call of the coach rather than the recruiting team.

Post Thanks / Like

The more I think of this the annoyed I get. If we use our first pick on Prismall we lose a quality recruit in Lower. Dumb if we do this. Surely our first pick must be Lower, if not then this is a massive brain fade. I'd happily risk Port or Essendon snaring him, wont risk Lower. Annoying news.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Surely we can pick up Lower as a Free Agent before the draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pickenitup View Post
    Surely we can pick up Lower as a Free Agent before the draft.
    I believe that the FA window has closed.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I think Brian royal had knee recos before he even started his career, he wasn't a bad player.
    He wasn't in his mid 20's.
    Brian Royal was a very good footballer,and Prismall is only average.
    Hope I'm wrong, but I just don't reckon he adds any value to be honest.

Post Thanks / Like

From what I've been told the Bombers don't want him, since he went to Port they washed their hands with him. He doesn't want Port at all, he has a newborn and doesn't want to move. Not sure why he went and trained with them at all. I wouldn't be surprised if we took Lower and he was still there for our second pick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rooner17 View Post
    From what I've been told the Bombers don't want him, since he went to Port they washed their hands with him. He doesn't want Port at all, he has a newborn and doesn't want to move. Not sure why he went and trained with them at all. I wouldn't be surprised if we took Lower and he was still there for our second pick.
    We have taken Lower as a free agent today.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    We have taken Lower as a free agent today.
    yep that's what happens when you read Dogs Day first

Post Thanks / Like

I've come around to Prismall

The list probably doesn't need another young player, and the more players playing for the club at AFL/VFL level who are absolute professionals can only help us

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Mark Stevens has tweeted that while Prismall looks a lock, Lower still does too. Surely Lower wouldn't last to our 2nd PSD pick?
    I think he will. I don't think anyone will jump over us to get him
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Really hope this doesn't happen. I am happy with the drafting todate, but would be happier if we took someone like Toy than Prismall.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think he will. I don't think anyone will jump over us to get him
    Was thinking Freo would take him back - it's worked out in the end.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Really hope this doesn't happen. I am happy with the drafting todate, but would be happier if we took someone like Toy than Prismall.
    Im not sure Toy would offer us any value.
    I am comfortable drafting Prismall to help lighten the load on our smaller, younger bodies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Toy might be younger but I don't think he has any other claims to a spot on our senior list over Prismall. Unless an acknowledged talent like Garlett is in the frame for our PSD selection, Prismall will be no better or worse than just about anyone else we have in mind for the pick. I'm not in raptures about Prismall being drafted by us but he surely has more runs on the board than the likes of Toy.

Post Thanks / Like

More to this now. Worrying in some aspects, but could be pleasing news.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more...-1226529999492

PORT Adelaide lost former Bomber Brent Prismall because it refused to offer him a multi-year contract, it has been revealed.

Prismall trained with the Power last week and seemed certain to be taken by the club as a delisted free agent or in the pre-season draft.

However, the 26-year-old midfielder has returned to Melbourne to train with the Western Bulldogs and has fallen off Port's radar.

"We only offered him a one-year deal and he wanted two years," Power football operations manager Peter Rohde said.

"We weren't prepared to make that commitment, so we're looking elsewhere."

New Port coach Ken Hinkley spoke glowingly of Prismall's character and professionalism last week, having worked with him at Geelong.

But with the 61-game on-baller having already had two reconstructions, the Power had doubts about his fitness, resulting in only a short-term contract offer.

Prismall - who is married with a young child - wanted a long term commitment to leave Victoria.

He is now vying for the final spot on the Bulldogs list after they signed former Power defender Nick Lower as a free agent.

Lower was delisted by the Fremantle Dockers last month after 22 games in two years. He played 20 games for Port from 2006-09. Prismall is competing against former Demons forward Matthew Bate and VFL stars Ben Duscher and Brett Goodes for the last place on the Dogs' list.

Prismall has previously played under Bulldogs coach Brendan McCartney at Essendon and Geelong and grew up in the western suburb of Werribee, where his parents still live.

It is understood if Prismall isn't drafted by the Dogs, he could join them in a coaching/development role.

2 years for Prismall as part of the coaching staff I can handle. 2 years as a player is lunacy, I'm struggling to find reasons we even bother offering him 1 as a player.

After talking with a few people around Bendigo I want Duscher out of the players vying for a spot. Everyone who has followed the Gold/Bombers rates him pretty highly.