Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: There's life in the old Dog yet

In some ways I hope Murph and Gia finish together, as they started. Not that I would wish an early end but just to see them off together, as they started.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

What role with the club can they create to keep him at the club long term? He offers so much in So many ways.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Spiritual Adviser? Guardian of the Flame? Guru Bob?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    In some ways I hope Murph and Gia finish together, as they started. Not that I would wish an early end but just to see them off together, as they started.
    Would be good, but won't happen. I'd imagine Gia will end it all 2013 and Murphy will last until end of 2014.

Post Thanks / Like

Great bloke and great ambassador for our great club.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with all these posts, Murph has been a fave of mine since that first game at Princes Park - a skinny kid who could run, evade and kick goals.

Post Thanks / Like

A great player, well liked, but dropped away a bit in 2012 by his usual standards.
    I thought at times he tried to do a little too much, and be a bit cute with the ball.
    Needs to be moved forward without a doubt, as I think we have the running half back thing covered now. One of my all time favourite Bulldogs.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

A great player, well liked, but dropped away a bit in 2012 by his usual standards.
    I thought at times he tried to do a little too much, and be a bit cute with the ball.
    Needs to be moved forward without a doubt, as I think we have the running half back thing covered now. One of my all time favourite Bulldogs.
    In 2012 he played an unfamiliar role, ie as a lock down back pocket on the likes of Milne, etc.

He is a at his best when he is running and bouncin and finding some one further up the field. I guess Macca had no choice in 2012 but will unleash hin 2013.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    In 2012 he played an unfamiliar role, ie as a lock down back pocket on the likes of Milne, etc.

He is a at his best when he is running and bouncin and finding some one further up the field. I guess Macca had no choice in 2012 but will unleash hin 2013.
    Referring to his kicking. It's usually pretty good but not above criticism in 2012.
    Some of his kicks were pretty speculative. Trying to thread the needle when a straight pass would have sufficed. Resulted in really bad turnovers. It's something he can work on as he loses a bit of penetration.

Post Thanks / Like

Referring to his kicking. It's usually pretty good but not above criticism in 2012.
    Some of his kicks were pretty speculative. Trying to thread the needle when a straight pass would have sufficed. Resulted in really bad turnovers. It's something he can work on as he loses a bit of penetration.
    Yes he did have some shockers, cost us the game versus the Pies.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Every time I get down about the Dogs — be it prelims, massive losses or other various disappointments — I would pop Year Of The Dogs in the DVD player and be renewed. Speaking to Robert Murphy or reading his column often serves the same purpose.