Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Matthew Boyd named Top Dog

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Master of restraint! I just admire the club for trying something different. In the military they say ' lead whenever you can'. Not sure how it will work exactly, but sounds on the face of it a good idea.
    Sorry GD, did I give an opinion when I said I wouldn't? Or did I talk about potential scenarios or outcomes?

Post Thanks / Like

Macca has asked for players of good character, I think our young guys may have something to offer and it does give them a sense of belonging.
    The important part will be when they do offer something is how it is handle from there.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Great to see Matty Boyd lead again for 2013. He is a great role model as an AFL player with his professionalism, the way he trains and prepares for a match.

Hopefully by year end some new blood will emerge for a future captaincy replacement.

I think front runner at this stage is Higgins.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Great to see Matty Boyd lead again for 2013. He is a great role model as an AFL player with his professionalism, the way he trains and prepares for a match.

Hopefully by year end some new blood will emerge for a future captaincy replacement.

I think front runner at this stage is Higgins.
    Hoping Higgins will have his best year yet - which will help him to really consolidate himself as a future leader/possible captain.

At this stage, he probably doesn't have enough runs on the board as a player to be well received as a skipper - but it may just be one very good season from him change that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Master of restraint!
    I just admire the club for trying something different. In the military they say ' lead whenever you can'. Not sure how it will work exactly, but sounds on the face of it a good idea.
    To continue the military theme, if you are appointed to a position of responsibility you are technically not a leader - you are a commander. You are still required to prove your worth as a leader.

Leader - Commander - Manager

The military preaches leadership at all levels in the chain of command - it sound like the Bulldogs are taking some of this theory into practice.
    Awaiting a Gant Chart of the balance between Individual, Group & Task needs.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I really would be surprised if anyone other than Wallis became the next captain. He's wise far beyond his years, handles the media and speaks exceptionally well and has been a poster boy in terms of marketing already.

I know the only issue is his age here, but give it another 12-24 months and he'll be close.