Thanks Thanks:  49
Likes Likes:  99
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Future Father/Sons

The Darcy Moore dilemma for Collingwood

Melbourne could bid, especially if the Demons believe they will score a second top-five pick for free agent James Frawley, but the Bulldogs and Blues seem the most obvious options, as clubs that really do need tall players able to either smother opponents with their long arms and closing speed while playing in defence, or take marks at the other end.
    The Bulldogs have already done some work, and the Blues are stepping their research up. The Saturday game, in which Moore either a) kicked three goals, used the ball nicely and helped get his Oakleigh Chargers side into the grand final or b) should have won more than his dozen possessions, given how much time and space his team had, gave them more to think about.
    But the Bulldogs have a father-son pick of their own, Zaine Cordy, to draft in this year. He's a defender, which means they might want to play things carefully and keep their first pick safe for an onballer.
    So do we bid for Moore given there is a small chance that Collingwood may not match the bid and we end up with him? Is he worth pick 5? Could be a bad move if we win Moore and then one of our preferred options (Wright for example) is still available at our pick. On the other hand I would hate to see Collingwood get him in the second round.

Hopefully it is just the Pies trying to spook teams into not nominating him before their first pick and they have every intention of taking him at pick 8.

Post Thanks / Like

He looks better then Wright IMO, tall and incredibly agile, kicks goals, and did anyone see the hanger he took recently? The kid looks a star. We definitely need to step up if the bid falls to us, we will never get him, but we have to take responsibility for ensuring he doesn't slip to second round.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

So do we bid for Moore given there is a small chance that Collingwood may not match the bid and we end up with him? Is he worth pick 5? Could be a bad move if we win Moore and then one of our preferred options (Wright for example) is still available at our pick. On the other hand I would hate to see Collingwood get him in the second round.

Hopefully it is just the Pies trying to spook teams into not nominating him before their first pick and they have every intention of taking him at pick 8.

He's very agile for his height. Great mobility around the ground. He's easily a top ten pick anyway. Pies should be made to pay fair price with their first rounder.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    He's very agile for his height. Great mobility around the ground. He's easily a top ten pick anyway. Pies should be made to pay fair price with their first rounder.
    Yep, we've only got to look at McDonald last year as an example of Moore this year. I think a club will pull the trigger and Collingwood would be wrapped to have him too as guaranteed option.

It's still a good win, it's just not like the old days of a club getting ridiculous benefits. But no doubt Collingwood would have monitored Moore closely and will easily transition into a pre-season with them well before other draftees. That seems a much fairer system then Jono Brown for a 3rd rounder.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood is talking shit if they say they won't take him, he is a gun I would jump at him in 2 seconds if he was still available.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Collingwood is talking shit if they say they won't take him, he is a gun I would jump at him in 2 seconds if he was still available.
    Smoke and mirrors..! It's in their interest to talk him down so that no one nominates him and they can take him with their pick I the high 20's. Carlton won't let that happen!

Nice try Pies!

Post Thanks / Like

If we land him with pick 5 I think we'd be happy with that. He's a quality prospect and there is no guarantee that Wright (if he's our man) will be available at 5.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Smoke and mirrors..! It's in their interest to talk him down so that no one nominates him and they can take him with their pick I the high 20's. Carlton won't let that happen!

Nice try Pies!
    It should not even get to Carlton to deal with.

Thought my life was free of ever having to hear Nick Maxwells dopey voice again. I thought wrong he was at it today, trying to pull off the Houdini illusion, but in reality he just confirmed his likeness to Cletus the slack jawed yocal!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy Contradicts Law View Post
    Thought my life was free of ever having to hear Nick Maxwells dopey voice again. I thought wrong he was at it today, trying to pull off the Houdini illusion, but in reality he just confirmed his likeness to Cletus the slack jawed yocal!
    Ha ha! Yes that was pretty insulting to the intelligence of the general public! A lot of footballers think we're stupid prior to leaving the 'system' because they've mainly dealt with die hard cheer squad members and tragic back slappers.

He'd be best placed to simply keep his trap shut, although he is pretty besotted with the sound of his own voice..

Post Thanks / Like

Put a bid in for him. I keep reading that if there was no F/S, he is definitely a top 10 and probably a top 5 pick. He fits our needs as well as I understand it.

Bad luck, Bucks, Eddie and Maxwell Smart.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

We shouldn't worry about other teams. if he's rated in our top 5 then nominate him. If not move along.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nominate him I say .. If they don't want him we get a star , if they do we get pick 5.. Win win for us :-)
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

11 DAYS TO GO:
    October 6 – Father/Son Bidding Meeting

*Brisbane: Josh Clayton, Tyler Roos
    *Collingwood: Darcy Moore
    *Hawthorn: Harry Dear
    *Melbourne: Billy Stretch
    *Western Bulldogs: Zaine Cordy, Jayden Foster
    *West Coast: Alec Waterman

*West Coast, Collingwood and Melbourne have nominated Alec Waterman, Darcy Moore and Billy Stretch officially now, whilst Brisbane has committed to Josh Clayton but is yet to fully commit to Tyler Roos.

*Hawthorn have been quiet regarding Harry Dear, who seven weeks ago underwent a shoulder reconstruction, whilst the

Bulldogs are expected to list key defender Zaine Cordy and Full Forward, Jayden Foster.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno about you guys but im nervous as hell, Harry Dear being drafted by the Hawks and we get Jayden Foster? There is no way in hell Jayden will ever be allowed to play against the hawks.

Post Thanks / Like

We are yet to officially nominate either player.

Will we in fact nominate Cordy or Foster?

If both are to come onto the senior list, more senior listed players need to come off.

I don't want only two live draft picks.
    More of an In Bruges guy?