Thanks Thanks:  49
Likes Likes:  99
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Future Father/Sons

His uncle was pretty good too

Post Thanks / Like

A chip off the old Super! Talk about getting the band back together.

Ready yourself to vacate the #27 Will. I'm sure you understand.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Malachy Picken has spunk in the genes, from both parents, hilarious:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-critics.html
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

2016 Father sons

Michael Romero
    Height: 175cm, Weight: 70kg, DOB: 9/10/1998
    Recruited From: Calder Cannons
    Position: Small Forward

The son of Bulldogs great Jose, Michael Romero qualifies as a father/son this year, but still has a long way to go before being drafted. Whilst Romero has qualities like his father, the small forward is erratic, with a big gap separating his best and worst. Still developing as a footballer, Romero is quick, fleet-footed and can hit the scoreboard, but can overuse the ball and be a bit selfish at times. Romero showed glimpses of his prestige pedigree last year, averaging 12 disposals, while also showing some great defensive pressure at times for the Cannons. He’ll need to lift his output this year, and would be hoping for a call up into the Vic Metro side. link

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    2016 Father sons

Michael Romero

The son of Bulldogs great Jose, Michael Romero qualifies as a father/son this year, but still has a long way to go before being drafted. Whilst Romero has qualities like his father, the small forward is erratic, with a big gap separating his best and worst. Still developing as a footballer, Romero is quick, fleet-footed and can hit the scoreboard, but can overuse the ball and be a bit selfish at times. Romero showed glimpses of his prestige pedigree last year, averaging 12 disposals, while also showing some great defensive pressure at times for the Cannons. He’ll need to lift his output this year, and would be hoping for a call up into the Vic Metro side. link

That bio of Michael actually sounds a fair bit like Jose as a younger player. Hopefully he matures as well.

Post Thanks / Like

No way he's 70kg, he could be the smallest, skinniest kid I've ever seen or heard of. I'm including the starving Ethiopian kids Jennifer Grey was talking about in Dirty Dancing. You could argue Darcy Mac was considerably ahead of where Mick is.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    No way he's 70kg, he could be the smallest, skinniest kid I've ever seen or heard of. I'm including the starving Ethiopian kids Jennifer Grey was talking about in Dirty Dancing. You could argue Darcy Mac was considerably ahead of where Mick is.
    Declan Hamilton still listed on website as 68kgs

PS: Darcy has put on 6.6kgs of muscle.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Declan Hamilton still listed on website as 68kgs

PS: Darcy has put on 6.6kgs of muscle.
    Out of the two, I'd have taken Darcy fwiw. But happy enough to see how Mick goes, but I'm not putting money on him being at the club right now. Get onto Josh Kellett now I say as the next big thing in FSs.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

2016 Father sons

Michael Romero

12 possies per game is nothing to write home about.

Out of the two, I'd have taken Darcy fwiw. But happy enough to see how Mick goes, but I'm not putting money on him being at the club right now. Get onto Josh Kellett now I say as the next big thing in FSs.
    I've heard that.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

I've heard that.
    From me probably

Although I hope Ollie Liberatore his interleague buddy gets there too. Imagine two Libbas, plus a Kellett, a Wallis, a Cordy, a Hunter and maybe a Romero. Just need Dimma's boy to get the band back together. A MacPherson would've been ok if the list was different and young Fossie well, if he can't get some games at the joke of a list then he might be in trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

Beveridge's son is also going to be in the draft this year. Small utility that has some pace from what I have read.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    Beveridge's son is also going to be in the draft this year. Small utility that has some pace from what I have read.
    Brendan McCartneys son Lockey was in last year's draft. Small utility set for country footy and a good young man from what I have read.

Post Thanks / Like

From me probably

Although I hope Ollie Liberatore his interleague buddy gets there too. Imagine two Libbas, plus a Kellett, a Wallis, a Cordy, a Hunter and maybe a Romero. Just need Dimma's boy to get the band back together. A MacPherson would've been ok if the list was different and young Fossie well, if he can't get some games at the joke of a list then he might be in trouble.
    It was one of the track watchers at footy training.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It was one of the track watchers at footy training.
    Word spreading fast then. I do hope any or all of the four West boys make the grade. I loved Scotty West, I'd have to say his kids playing would probably be my favourite father-son combo and the bar is set pretty high.

Post Thanks / Like

Scooter was an easy player to love, the guy never went at any contest at less an a thousand percent. He got the ball 600x year after year after year.

He was a gun. Two of him would be brilliant.