Thanks Thanks:  49
Likes Likes:  99
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Future Father/Sons

CONFIRMATION
    One player has nominated under the provisions of the Father-Son Rookie Pre-Selection Rule:

(This is a rule to allow clubs to rookie-list a father/son eligible player should they go un-drafted in the National Draft)

Jack Long, son of Michael. (Essendon)

Overlooked
    Harry Dear, son of Paul
    Tyler Roos, son of Paul.

I wonder if Foster could have nominated under this rule? or is something else happening - does he think another club may pick him up?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    CONFIRMATION
    One player has nominated under the provisions of the Father-Son Rookie Pre-Selection Rule:

(This is a rule to allow clubs to rookie-list a father/son eligible player should they go un-drafted in the National Draft)

Jack Long, son of Michael. (Essendon)

Overlooked
    Harry Dear, son of Paul
    Tyler Roos, son of Paul.

I wonder if Foster could have nominated under this rule? or is something else happening - does he think another club may pick him up?
    A club can pre-select an eligible player as a Category A rookie between the Pre-Season and Rookie Drafts (with the player’s consent) provided the player had nominated for but was not selected by another club at either the National or Pre-Season Drafts. In that case, the relevant club would forfeit its last available selection in the Rookie Draft to take the player.

http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl...rookie-players

It would seem there's still the opportunity for those boys to be pre-selected, if not drafted beforehand, for the rookie draft. Essendon may have jumped the gun, as they usually do.

3. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    A club can pre-select an eligible player as a Category A rookie between the Pre-Season and Rookie Drafts (with the player’s consent) provided the player had nominated for but was not selected by another club at either the National or Pre-Season Drafts. In that case, the relevant club would forfeit its last available selection in the Rookie Draft to take the player.

http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl...rookie-players

It would seem there's still the opportunity for those boys to be pre-selected, if not drafted beforehand, for the rookie draft. Essendon may have jumped the gun, as they usually do.
    If the Club had wanted him as a senior listed player, they could have used ND F/S. They haven't. If they wanted him for the Rookie list they could have done what the Bumbers have done with Long's son. They haven't. Conclusion, the Club has no interest in recruiting Foster Jnr in 2014.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    If the Club had wanted him as a senior listed player, they could have used ND F/S. They haven't. If they wanted him for the Rookie list they could have done what the Bumbers have done with Long's son. They haven't. Conclusion, the Club has no interest in recruiting Foster Jnr in 2014.
    Or they might be prepared to gamble he slips? If the club thinks he's too raw for the main list, and they see his true value in the RD, then they're playing it cool.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Or they might be prepared to gamble he slips? If the club thinks he's too raw for the main list, and they see his true value in the RD, then they're playing it cool.
    Maybe the answer is that they are not prepared to use a live pick on him (it is quite possible that we will have nothing later than pick 43) and they don't want to lose face by naming him now for the Rookie F/S and someone does nab him late in the National Draft. Which would be somewhat how embarrassment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Maybe the answer is that they are not prepared to use a live pick on him (it is quite possible that we will have nothing later than pick 43) and they don't want to lose face by naming him now for the Rookie F/S and someone does nab him late in the National Draft. Which would be somewhat how embarrassment.
    Everything is a gamble at this time of the year. He's been playing out of the goal square at TAC and since Dunstall retired it's not a position. Like many tall kids before him, recruiters have to work out if he has enough tricks to make it in different roles. I think he can, but I'm not a recruiter. The rookie draft would be a good result for the club, perhaps that an indication on why Redpath hasn't been mentioned as a upgrade or delisting (that I'm aware of).
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Everything is a gamble at this time of the year...
    Yes, now we are right in the thick of it, I can see how easy it would be to make some of the blunders we have made in the past or even do a Melbourne and blow every draft/trade period for about 5 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Everything is a gamble at this time of the year. He's been playing out of the goal square at TAC and since Dunstall retired it's not a position. Like many tall kids before him, recruiters have to work out if he has enough tricks to make it in different roles. I think he can, but I'm not a recruiter. The rookie draft would be a good result for the club, perhaps that an indication on why Redpath hasn't been mentioned as a upgrade or delisting (that I'm aware of).
    Al Lynch and Fraser Gehrig spring to mind.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

The goal square full forwards died, unfortunately.

Post Thanks / Like

If you had a contested marking machine I think the full time full forward could make a return.
    He would earn his pay if he could contribute 4 or more goals a game.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Why wouldn't they do what Essendon has done? We'll have a clear rookie list in 2015, surely he's worth a punt on the rookie list for one season.

Seems they don't rate him at all.

Post Thanks / Like

I think there is still a good chance he will end up with us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Why wouldn't they do what Essendon has done? We'll have a clear rookie list in 2015, surely he's worth a punt on the rookie list for one season.

I wonder when we will announce what is happening with the remaining Rookies
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post

I think I read on this board we still have time to nominate him they way Essendon have done with Long.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs bid for Darcy Moore Collingwood matches it!