Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: End of Season - Trade Targets

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Dalhaus is a good player as we all know. But he is over rated. He is rated that way because of his looks but mainly because so much of our list is crap.
    ... and because he is one of the leaders in the AFL for pressure acts as a kid who is only in his 3rd year of senior AFL football.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    The guy's 21 played bugger all games and yet you're condemning him to the bottom 6, when we're going okay! Gee I hope that's the case because that will signal we're a bloody good side.
    thats the whole point.

I'm not condemning him at all. Have rated him highly since his junior days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post

Any team that he's rated in the bottom 6 would be a premiership team not just a force.
    You got it!

Post Thanks / Like

Dale Thomas had just been filled out for the season with an ankle injury. Does that change whether we should go after him or does it mean he's more attainable now?

Post Thanks / Like

Dale Thomas had just been filled out for the season with an ankle injury. Does that change whether we should go after him or does it mean he's more attainable now?
    He won't be any more attainable with the cash the expansion clubs have. They'll throw silly money at him regardless.

Post Thanks / Like

The thing about Dal is that he has had a couple of quiet games but he is one of only a couple of creative players we have and he is getting smashed about and sat on heavily by tagging defenders.

That is normally not an issue and you would cop it on the chin but he is not a 25 year player with 100 games under his belt and struggles to cope at times. The fact we seem to think he is a CHF and kick it on his head alot is not a massive positive for him or the team either.

I must admit I have been critical of him myself at times but the kid genuinely has a go. The goal he missed on the weekend is the type of thing that makes supporters turn a little bitter in their views too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    ... and because he is one of the leaders in the AFL for pressure acts as a kid who is only in his 3rd year of senior AFL football.
    Dahlhaus is being unfairly maligned because he's actually shown some output before at AFL level and is having a down patch, which *might* have something to do with the entire side being terrible.

If he had shown glimpses of his ability instead of actual consistent output we would all be going on about how he should have games pumped into him.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Dahlhaus is being unfairly maligned because he's actually shown some output before at AFL level and is having a down patch, which *might* have something to do with the entire side being terrible.

If he had shown glimpses of his ability instead of actual consistent output we would all be going on about how he should have games pumped into him.
    I don't think he is being maligned. The discussion was about whether he is over rated or not. I think everyone here admires the way he plays.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it definitely makes him more attainable.

The odds of him staying at Collingwood would have to be lower than they were prior to this news. Collingwood aren't going to have a heap of room to move in the cap, and after 1 poor season and 1 injury ruined season, it's hard to see them offering him anywhere near what other clubs will.

Whether we can attain him ourselves, I don't know, but there's cause for optimism and we should be right into him.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know of Sam Blease's contract status?

I've liked him since his junior days and feel he's not getting a fair go at Melbourne.

Has speed, good skills, courage. We should put the feelers out

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he is being maligned. The discussion was about whether he is over rated or not. I think everyone here admires the way he plays.
    Yeah I wrote my initial statement in a rush but I think he has had a very poor season. Absolutely love the way he goes about his footy and teams need someone like him.

I feel he is over rated because despite IMO being so poor this season I keep hearing that he has been fantastic. He is an exciting and creative young talent who hopefully continues to improve.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dogs4ever View Post
    Anyone know of Sam Blease's contract status?

I've liked him since his junior days and feel he's not getting a fair go at Melbourne.

Has speed, good skills, courage. We should put the feelers out
    Signed a two year deal last year.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Dalhaus is a good player as we all know. But he is over rated. He is rated that way because of his looks but mainly because so much of our list is crap.

If we are to be a force, Dal would be in the bottom 6 of our 22.
    I do think that some supporters have selective amnesia. He had numbers comparable to All Australian Cyril 'delicious' Rioli last year in a much worse side. He's having a poor year and certainly seems to be struggling with the extra attention, I hear that there's usually a phenomenon called "second year blues" that might fit here despite this being his third year.
    Also don't forget that Gary Ablett Jr was an underperforming forward pocket in his early twenties, never write off a kid with potential.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I feel he is over rated because despite IMO being so poor this season I keep hearing that he has been fantastic. He is an exciting and creative young talent who hopefully continues to improve.
    Who else in season 3 is being tagged in our side?

Teams put alot of work into him because he is so good at what he does. There's a reason opposition stoppers don't run to Howard at the opening bounce.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers