Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Western Bulldogs have been dogged by some poor draft choices in the past few

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    No one has ever suggested that we are alone. Ours is a combination of draft mistakes and losing Ward and Harbrow.
    All leads back to list management. Hopefully now that we do have a list manager that will change.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Western Bulldogs have been dogged by some poor draft choices in the past few

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    No one has ever suggested that we are alone. Ours is a combination of draft mistakes and losing Ward and Harbrow.
    No probs Topdog. I am not trying to be adversarial, just conversational.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wb_age View Post
    Can anybody here shed more light on Jarrod Grant? Last year he was in out of this side apparently while on a modified program to help him put on size.

Now this year he has been in the reserves, now in the development team.

This frustrates me, disregard the number 5 tag, the kid has skill and can kick goals. McCartney is supposed to be a great teacher/developer of kids, yet Grant has been left to wallow away in the reserves' reserves.

Why has it all gone so wrong for Grant?
    BMac is copping enough flack at the moment, I don't think we can add JG to that.
    There is an old saying...You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.
    Jarrod is his own problem. For mine it is pretty clearly an attitude problem. Where that originates from though, I for one have absolutely no idea.

As you say the kid has undoubted talent, but from outside it seems to be a work ethic [ or unhappy where he is ???] problem. I made a point of watching him individually through his resi's match on the weekend. For 99% of the game he looked totally disinterested. He would occasionally make a single attempt at the ball, and if that did not come off, he just stood around and watched what happened next, or trotted to the outside of the next action, and waited in hope it would come out his way.

The only way you could tell who his direct opponent was, was when that player decided to try and pick him up for a moment. Most of the match they did not even bother, as he was having no impact on the game, and simply walked or jogged along after the play.

Quite frankly if Williamstown had a 3rds team, I think that is where he would be next week.
    JG is another case unfortunately of a significant talent that is going to be completely wasted. SAD !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paulv View Post
    BMac is copping enough flack at the moment, I don't think we can add JG to that.
    There is an old saying...You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.
    Jarrod is his own problem. For mine it is pretty clearly an attitude problem. Where that originates from though, I for one have absolutely no idea.

As you say the kid has undoubted talent, but from outside it seems to be a work ethic [ or unhappy where he is ???] problem. I made a point of watching him individually through his resi's match on the weekend. For 99% of the game he looked totally disinterested. He would occasionally make a single attempt at the ball, and if that did not come off, he just stood around and watched what happened next, or trotted to the outside of the next action, and waited in hope it would come out his way.

The only way you could tell who his direct opponent was, was when that player decided to try and pick him up for a moment. Most of the match they did not even bother, as he was having no impact on the game, and simply walked or jogged along after the play.

Quite frankly if Williamstown had a 3rds team, I think that is where he would be next week.
    JG is another case unfortunately of a significant talent that is going to be completely wasted. SAD !
    Versus North, they had JG in a suit in the Studio room, meeting multicultural groups. I think the club was trying to build his confidence a bit by showing him he's part of the club, and we want to be proud of him. Plenty of people wanted to have their photo taken with him and get a signature.

He's clearly been given some amazing genetic gifts, and when he walked in the room, I could see the interest in him being drafted. Doesn't smile much - Is he unhappy? Maybe he doesn't really enjoy footy, and had it thrust on him in the past.

Perhaps he has something on his mind that's more important to him than footy at the moment. In that case, perhaps he's better off doing a Libba and taking some time off to work a regular job.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Versus North, they had JG in a suit in the Studio room, meeting multicultural groups. I think the club was trying to build his confidence a bit by showing him he's part of the club, and we want to be proud of him. Plenty of people wanted to have their photo taken with him and get a signature.

He's clearly been given some amazing genetic gifts, and when he walked in the room, I could see the interest in him being drafted. Doesn't smile much - Is he unhappy? Maybe he doesn't really enjoy footy, and had it thrust on him in the past.

Perhaps he has something on his mind that's more important to him than footy at the moment. In that case, perhaps he's better off doing a Libba and taking some time off to work a regular job.
    Trade for Watts?