Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  48
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Jackson Macrae

Post Thanks / Like

Jackson Macrae

Macrae has had a great first season in my opinion and has performed far better than I expected.
    I'm still not 100% sure where he might have a permanent home in our line up.

Over the short to medium term is he a winger, half forward or half back flanker or is he more of a utility that will fill a number of positions for us?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jackson Macrae

I think the main positive he brings is ability to carry the ball in traffic and be damaging with his disposal in traffic, so a pure mid for mine. Receiving from libba and wallis and getting the ball to someone in an attacking position.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like this kid.

As he gets stronger he'll develop a balance between his inside and outside games and we'll see a lot of him in the centre and a lot of him on the wings.

The balance will come as a result of getting stronger and fitter. Once he develops a harder body and harder edge, his side-step is going to be an amazing get out of jail free card.

Post Thanks / Like

Been Terrific!

I can see him becoming a damaging midfielder who will play mainly as an inside receiver who creates play with his step and vision but then also be a great run and link player too.

Post Thanks / Like

Maximise his strengths - he plays best when he is darting through traffic, so he becomes a midfielder. Someone who breaks lines with agility - he seems to have that little bit of extra time with the ball in hand.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Should be exciting once he builds fitness. Couldn't chase much this year, but still found plenty of the footy & generally used it well.

High hopes
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

I like his height as well, will be dangerous in the midfield and accumulates a lot of possessions.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

He's really similar to Pendlebury in the way that he moves and plays the game. His 'inside' game looks strong and underrated, and should really improve as he 'catches up' in terms of strength, size and fitness.

His disposal by foot isn't elite, but should improve as his body develops. It tends to drop off a fair bit as he gets tired. If he can really mirror somebody like Pendles with his ball use, he'll become an extremely damaging player.

Already knows how to find the ball and is very clever in heavy traffic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    He's really similar to Pendlebury in the way that he moves and plays the game. His 'inside' game looks strong and underrated, and should really improve as he 'catches up' in terms of strength, size and fitness.

His disposal by foot isn't elite, but should improve as his body develops. It tends to drop off a fair bit as he gets tired. If he can really mirror somebody like Pendles with his ball use, he'll become an extremely damaging player.

Already knows how to find the ball and is very clever in heavy traffic.
    Actually, my main concern is with his kicking and a tendency to lean away after a high ball drop from time to time.

It's more prominent when fatigued, as you rightly point out. I hope with fitness he tightens up in that area, because I can see a career of frustration born from the difference between best and worst ball usage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Actually, my main concern is with his kicking and a tendency to lean away after a high ball drop from time to time.

It's more prominent when fatigued, as you rightly point out. I hope with fitness he tightens up in that area, because I can see a career of frustration born from the difference between best and worst ball usage.
    He's got a big hooking action compared to Pendlebury's more upright stance and as you say, it's more prominent when he's fatigued. I hope he and the coaches work hard over the pre-season to straighten up his action so it's reliable for 100% of the game.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

His attitude is spot on and he is a sponge for knowledge by all accounts so if he needs to do something to improve, he will. One of Maccas quality people types.

Post Thanks / Like

I see him being similar to Bob Murphy. His skills are not as good as bobby's but there are too many in the league that are. He reads the game well like Bob and gets to where the ball is. His change of direction is his best attribute and he knows it. I see him playing on a back flank or wing. I'm very excited what the future holds for Jackson.

Post Thanks / Like

He knows how to find the ball and get involved. Has awareness and looks before disposing. Will be a high accumulator mid fielder with high disposal efficiency.

Post Thanks / Like

Out of all the kids we picked up in last years draft that have played seniors Jackson would be the least impressive. I'm not knocking him but I think it just shows how good our drafting was last year when Jackson who has shown plenty but i've still been more impressed with Stringer, Hrovat & Hunter.

Exciting times ahead for bulldogs fans watching these 4 kids careers develop.

Post Thanks / Like

I find that really odd, though I suppose it just shows how differently supporters can view player output.