Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  48
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Jackson Macrae

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jackson Macrae

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I find that really odd, though I suppose it just shows how differently supporters can view player output.
    Could place these 4 kids in the order that has impressed you most this season?

Post Thanks / Like

On exposed form I'd have them placed:

Macrae
    Stringer, Hunter
    Hrovat

I thought Macrae carried a lot of senior responsibility in his first year in a team that was playing like shit for a lot of the time. Even so, he put in some very solid performances on some pretty reasonable players.

The rest are all pretty close for mine. Hrovat and Stringer suffered from indifferent fitness levels which has affected their ability to play senior football regularly. Hunter hasn't been given the opportunities that in hindsight, he probably should have.

How they end up over their careers will be interesting to see. They're all going to be good players, and if I was to pick I think Stringer will be the best once he becomes fit enough to play as a utility midfielder/forward. Players who can regularly damage opposition teams in the middle and move forward are worth so much and win you games of football.

They all have good skill, and all of them are footballers first and foremost. That makes me happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    On exposed form I'd have them placed:

Macrae
    Stringer, Hunter
    Hrovat

I thought Macrae carried a lot of senior responsibility in his first year in a team that was playing like shit for a lot of the time. Even so, he put in some very solid performances on some pretty reasonable players.

The rest are all pretty close for mine. Hrovat and Stringer suffered from indifferent fitness levels which has affected their ability to play senior football regularly. Hunter hasn't been given the opportunities that in hindsight, he probably should have.

How they end up over their careers will be interesting to see. They're all going to be good players, and if I was to pick I think Stringer will be the best once he becomes fit enough to play as a utility midfielder/forward. Players who can regularly damage opposition teams in the middle and move forward are worth so much and win you games of football.

They all have good skill, and all of them are footballers first and foremost. That makes me happy.
    Interesting! I respect your opinion Jeemak & don't disagree with what you have written. I think Jackson has had a better season than the other 3 but am still more impressed with the other 3.
    For me it might be just a passage of play or a quarter or something else that will really impresses me about the other 3. From what i have seen I think Stringer, Hrovat & Hunter will be guns while Macrae I think will be very good but not convinced he will be as good as the other 3.

Post Thanks / Like

Griffen
    Libba
    Macrae
    Hrovat
    Wallis
    Hunter
    Smith

There is a fair bit of talent there on the inside and outside.

Very happy with Macrae. With more strength added (including adding explosiveness/power) - he'll be a beauty.

Post Thanks / Like

Macrae and Stringer just signed on until the end of 2016.

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny after the way he was advertised coming in that contested ball was one of his strengths while disposal by foot was average. Still plenty to improve on but think he'll prove to be a great pick.
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

This kid is yet to turn 20 years old. He will be a gun in years to come. How good was he today against the Pies.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

How good is his vision? That bit of play when he set up Bonts to kick his first goal was sublime.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

As good as he is, is scary to think Bontempelli could be beret again.

Our Midfield is going to be ridiculously good going forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    How good is his vision? That bit of play when he set up Bonts to kick his first goal was sublime.
    That was simple superb.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Just so good at making space for himself with a quick step or a wind up with his leg to put a high arc on the ball. Extremely valuable in the rolling maul of tackles and handballs to see who can get the ball free
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

the thing I also like about Jackson is his running power. Not necessarily in the power sense, but he does work really hard to get to the fat, open side of the ground and once he gets it, he rarely wastes it.

this will only get even better as his tank builds.

Post Thanks / Like

He plays beyond his years.

All class, looking forward to watching him develop over the years
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

Post Thanks / Like

He really doesn't have too many weaknesses. He isn't quick, but he regularly runs opponents down and cuts the angles extremely well. As a result, he can find plenty of space.

Very intelligent player who knows what to do at the right time - similar to Libba.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

He really lifted when Collingwood challenged us hard in parts of the third and fourth quarters. He's an impressive young man.