Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  48
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Jackson Macrae

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jackson Macrae

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    He really doesn't have too many weaknesses. He isn't quick, but he regularly runs opponents down and cuts the angles extremely well. As a result, he can find plenty of space.

Very intelligent player who knows what to do at the right time - similar to Libba.
    Footballer first, athlete second.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember the last time a 20 year old had 43 touches, this kid is getting better every week.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't remember the last time a 20 year old had 43 touches, this kid is getting better every week.
    You wouldn't be able to, youngest player to ever do it

Post Thanks / Like

Really developing well, as most of the pups are. This is really becoming a strength of our club.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    You wouldn't be able to, youngest player to ever do it
    That is amazing. He was brilliant.

Of the 2013 draft he would be close to the best of that lot at this stage. Whitfield appears to be going well - haven't heard much from O'Rourke and Plowman (mind you don't watch many GWS games only noticed Whitfield when I have). Toumpas will be a good player but certainly not going anywhere as good as Macrae. Stringer is coming along nicely - will take longer to develop then Macrae. Vines, Mayes, Vlastuin and Daniher are all going well but I would have Macrae at the top of the list at present.

Post Thanks / Like

There was something in the paper about Jack getting a dressing down by Bmac after the Geelong game. What was that all about? I'm abroad so I missed it.
    Marcus, Jackson, Lachie, Nathan, Jake, this is a very exciting time for us. You don't need to be a talent scout to see how much class we have injected into our list, and talent that fits together well.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    There was something in the paper about Jack getting a dressing down by Bmac after the Geelong game. What was that all about? I'm abroad so I missed it.
    Marcus, Jackson, Lachie, Nathan, Jake, this is a very exciting time for us. You don't need to be a talent scout to see how much class we have injected into our list, and talent that fits together well.
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226982740202
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Heard on SEN this afternoon that young Jack is averaging the most possessions by a second year player EVER!

Post Thanks / Like

Well done to Jacko who is playing his 50th game this week. Has slotted in seamlessly to our side, and although he has had two stints in the VFL appears to take it in the chin and focus on the areas he's asked.

On the downside, it reduces our number of players under 50 games when arguing with opposition supporters about our youth!

Looking forward to the next 150+.

11. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just turned 21 (yesterday) and has been averaging over 27 disposals per game this season which is slightly up on last years 26. He has also improved his average tackle count over last season.

Needs to get some power into those legs to improve his kicking, however, his ability to run all day and pick up possession after possession is remarkable. Well done Jackson, look forward to following your career and watching you improve.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Generally speaking, he brings a great level of consistency and reliability to the team.

I've heard both Dalrymple and Brendan McCartney talk about how in his top age U/18s year, he played a lot of footy for both his school and TAC sides, and performed week after week. I think we've seen that for most of his 50 games.

Would not surprise me if he becomes a multiple B&F winner for the club as a result of his consistency and sheer ability to find the footy inside and out, week after week.

Well done Jacko.

Post Thanks / Like

Bizarre thinking he is only just hitting 50 games, he is already so good.

Was very impressed with his gut running on the weekend. Absolutely ran his arse off to be an option a few times.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

His hands and evasiveness around the stoppages are a little bit bont-like, actually. I think what we have with Jack is a big bodied mid who will do his best work in traffic with his hands, but with the bonus of elite running power to provide options on the outside as well.

My god what is our midfield going to be like with Bont and Jack carrying an extra 8 kilos each, plus Libba and Wally on the inside?

Then compliment that lot with the disposal skills of Hunter, McClean and Daniel on the spread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    His hands and evasiveness around the stoppages are a little bit bont-like, actually. I think what we have with Jack is a big bodied mid who will do his best work in traffic with his hands, but with the bonus of elite running power to provide options on the outside as well.

My god what is our midfield going to be like with Bont and Jack carrying an extra 8 kilos each, plus Libba and Wally on the inside?

Then compliment that lot with the disposal skills of Hunter, McClean and Daniel on the spread.
    I don't want them to get bigger....just stronger.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

17. Likes Bulldog Joe liked this post