Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  48
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Jackson Macrae

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jackson Macrae

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy belated 21st Jack.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Hasn't Macrae come on?

One thing I noticed (about myself) is that every time he got the ball v North, I was thinking the ball is in safe hands.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

4. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another highly underrated mid who gets lots of the ball and as you say uses it well. Great to see him snap a goal, he needs to do that more often.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Fast becoming our best player. Or should i say most important. He was immense in the finals (after west coast). He's a very smart player. Always knows where to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually took a shot and nailed it this week. Would like to see him wheel on the left and kick more goals, about the only chink in his armour.

Massively underrated by the wider footy community.

I read a quote about a soccer player that went along these lines: Watch the game and you won't see him, watch him and you will see the game. Same concept applies to Macrae.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

He's the best player from his draft - don't want to hear about Whitfield or Wines or Daniher, he has everyone covered. Talk about chalk and cheese with our first 2 picks - Stringer is capable of play that very few can do but does them infrequently whereas Macrae kills you with a thousand cuts.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

He is definitely becoming Mr Consistency. You always know he's going to bring the requisite effort and attitude every week. That of itself must be worth it's weight in gold from a coaching point of view.
    I also love his focus and the undemonstrative nature in which he goes about his work.
    If there was one area I'd like him to improve on it's his kicking penetration and goalkicking, but he brings so much in terms of work-rate, awareness and competitive instincts that he's already an elite performer.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he's still the youngest the ever have 40 touches in a game.

He was our standout youngster and next champion, until a kid called Bontempelli came along.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

11. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    He is definitely becoming Mr Consistency. You always know he's going to bring the requisite effort and attitude every week. That of itself must be worth it's weight in gold from a coaching point of view.
    I also love his focus and the undemonstrative nature in which he goes about his work.
    If there was one area I'd like him to improve on it's his kicking penetration and goalkicking, but he brings so much in terms of work-rate, awareness and competitive instincts that he's already an elite performer.
    I love the Macrae-Hunter one-two punch. They just tear teams down with their constant running and elite work rate.

13. Likes Rocket Science, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I think he's still the youngest the ever have 40 touches in a game.
    I remember a game against Norf in 2011 when their supporters were raving about a similar stat for Ziebell - shame he turned out to be just another ball butcher. Cunnington is light years ahead of him as a mid.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Hasn't Macrae come on?

One thing I noticed (about myself) is that every time he got the ball v North, I was thinking the ball is in safe hands.
    A Grader, without a shadow of a doubt. Jack is pound for pound one of our strongest players. He can absorb hits and tackles in tight and still find a way to release to our advantage.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

In terms of career averages of disposals - Macrae is top 10 in the league (9th), in company with the likes of Mitchell, Pendelbury, Ablett, Priddis, Kennedy. Macrae is the youngest player in the top 10 for career average disposals.

17. Likes bulldogtragic, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Terrific player
    Underrated, and we have quite a few

Post Thanks / Like

If he kicks 16-22 goals a year, he'd lay claim to being among the very, very mids in the entire comp. He does it on the inside, does it on the outside, never shirks hard hits, moves well, great hands, very good kick, great tackler, reads the play very well (prelim goal prime example). Goal kicking is the only thing to come, and I think with some confidence it will. Last year a lack of confidence got in early in the year and he almost couldn't shake it. So here's hoping he can advantage that .75-1 goal a game.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023