Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  48
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Jackson Macrae

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jackson Macrae

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If he kicks 16-22 goals a year, he'd lay claim to being among the very, very mids in the entire comp. He does it on the inside, does it on the outside, never shirks hard hits, moves well, great hands, very good kick, great tackler, reads the play very well (prelim goal prime example). Goal kicking is the only thing to come, and I think with some confidence it will. Last year a lack of confidence got in early in the year and he almost couldn't shake it. So here's hoping he can advantage that .75-1 goal a game.
    Runs both ways as well - can only think of Sloane who also does that consistently out of the elite mids in the comp.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

2. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I think he's still the youngest the ever have 40 touches in a game.
    43 possessions and 2 goals against GCS a few years ago
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Runs both ways as well - can only think of Sloane who also does that consistently out of the elite mids in the comp.
    Yep. And I'd guess it would be nice being as good as he is and being relatively unnoticed seeing the pressure on Stringer & Boyd at times. Must be a bit of freedom, although I can see opposition coaches putting a lot more work into. Even then, it beats your then coach publicly going you. On that, I'm so happy we got his signature and that he didn't have anything against the club for it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    43 possessions and 2 goals against GCS a few years ago
    And that's bad for him. Why? In my 'Career Best' thread he's not often going to hit too many new PBs with such an outstanding game so young.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't got statistics to back this up, but I've noticed in all 4 games Macrae has started pretty slowly before working his way into the match and having a much better second half.

Obviously one of the fittest blokes going around. If he can start impacting games earlier expect his disposals average to rise from mid 20's to early 30's this year.

Amazingly last year didn't have 1 match under 20 disposals. With his last match being under 20 being the Elimination final against Adelaide in 2015 where he had 19.

In 2015 only had 1 other match under 20 disposals which was our Round 23 to Brisbane which the whole team was horrid.

Pretty special for such a young player to be so consistent.

8. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolute Gun.

Post Thanks / Like

Jack Mac is as good as any with his disposal by hand or foot when under pressure. And to get back from a substantial injury for the finals last year, shows how mentally tough he is. A gem.

Post Thanks / Like

He's the best player from his draft - don't want to hear about Whitfield or Wines or Daniher, he has everyone covered. Talk about chalk and cheese with our first 2 picks - Stringer is capable of play that very few can do but does them infrequently whereas Macrae kills you with a thousand cuts.
    I've got two non Bulldog mates that say the exact same thing. They also rate him far better than Stringer
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Macrae is also the owner of the most important goal ever kicked by a Bulldog. Stood up in the most clutch moment in the history of the club.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Macrae is also the owner of the most important goal ever kicked by a Bulldog. Stood up in the most clutch moment in the history of the club.
    That he did. I would have just about pegged him as the player I would LEAST like to have the ball in his hands in that situation. The emotion on Jackson's face, when he and the boys sing the song after that win, is one of (many) favourite memories.

His game in the GF is seriously under-rated too.

A real gem.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

When we are getting beaten in the centre for clearances, I always look to see when Jacko will be brought back into the centre square to help out. I just love his attack on the ball and the man.

Interesting to note that his favourite current player (outside the Dogs) is Sloane - both important playmakers for their respective teams.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny but I just knew he'd slot that goal. I was so confident as he went back to take his shot.

Like Chef says he's about the last bloke I'd want taking a clutch shot especially at the end of a game where he's run himself into the ground and he must have been majorly fatigued but he looked so composed I knew he wouldn't miss.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

He's the best player from his draft - don't want to hear about Whitfield or Wines or Daniher, he has everyone covered. Talk about chalk and cheese with our first 2 picks - Stringer is capable of play that very few can do but does them infrequently whereas Macrae kills you with a thousand cuts.
    I've been saying this for ages, although the Wines Delusion is beginning to become more in line with reality given his cracking start to the year. Still give me Jack any day.

Whitfield, on the other hand, is a poor man's Macrae.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I've been saying this for ages, although the Wines Delusion is beginning to become more in line with reality given his cracking start to the year. Still give me Jack any day.

Whitfield, on the other hand, is a poor man's Macrae.
    Wines was close to being dropped a few times last year. To give him his credit, he's started like a house on fire this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Such a historic moment in our club history. Shame that we could not tell if the goal was even kicked at the time because of Ch 7 and their idiotic camera angle.