Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  32
Page 5 of 111 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Crameri

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crameri

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Not to sure, he may have an idea but if the players are to be believed they have no idea what they were injected.
    I do agree though with his build it is unlikely he was a subject.
    Ill bet he absolutely, positively, has not even the inlking of what he was injected with None of them will.

It probably went down like this:

club: were going to inject you with some stuff
    player: what is it?
    club: oh you know, just stuff.
    player: cool, jab away!

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a Dr Peter Larkins article in The rAge a while ago. He had looked into the penalties regulations and the facts of the case as reported and opined that players are most likely to receive a 6mth ban if found guilty.

But that is an entire season, although the start date for a ban could begin in the off season depending on the timing of the verdict.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the timing of the verdict is pretty much the end if season going by all reports
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    I saw a Dr Peter Larkins article in The rAge a while ago. He had looked into the penalties regulations and the facts of the case as reported and opined that players are most likely to receive a 6mth ban if found guilty.

But that is an entire season, although the start date for a ban could begin in the off season depending on the timing of the verdict.
    So they may miss a full preseason and what the first 4 rounds? If you miss a preseason you're stuffed. That's assuming that they can't train.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    So they may miss a full preseason and what the first 4 rounds? If you miss a preseason you're stuffed. That's assuming that they can't train.
    Nothing to stop the club giving them a training plan and they go and do it alone, even if they miss the physical training they are still fit and ready to go
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the mature players would have the fitness base of previous work to fall back on. All those pre-seasons building up their bodies would help. I know it wouldn't be an ideal preparation but they'd get back to match fit a lot quicker than a kid with only a couple of pre-seasons under his belt.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Reigning Maddogs Guest

Any ban is in season from what I have read

Post Thanks / Like

If it's not in season, it's pretty meaningless.

Post Thanks / Like

Bans apply in-season only - from round 1.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Bans apply in-season only - from round 1.
    Otherwise the ban is useless.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Not many players have come back with 12 months out. I can think of Tim Watson and Plugger who were a shadow of themselves and Stew Dew, who was simply fat. Take 5 minutes of a grand final out and the decision to draft him was not worthy of anything more than the very low pick they used. If we used a top pick and a ban occurred, we'd never get our value.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Not many players have come back with 12 months out. I can think of Tim Watson and Plugger who were a shadow of themselves and Stew Dew, who was simply fat. Take 5 minutes of a grand final out and the decision to draft him was not worthy of anything more than the very low pick they used. If we used a top pick and a ban occurred, we'd never get our value.
    It's a bit different to a retirement though - he'll train while not playing. I don't see it as significantly diffrent to a player coming back from injury - Murph came back from a knee, Morris from a compount break, Vossy had a horror break early in his career and still became a champion, then there's Stringer
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    It's a bit different to a retirement though - he'll train while not playing. I don't see it as significantly diffrent to a player coming back from injury - Murph came back from a knee, Morris from a compount break, Vossy had a horror break early in his career and still became a champion, then there's Stringer
    Those players also had to cope with the physical limitations associated with those injuries, something that wouldn't be an issue here. A 25 year old who can do everything other than play on a Saturday (or Sunday night in our case ) wouldn't be overly impacted by 12 months out of the game. It might take a few games to get his touch back, but physically he'd be primed.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

4 years
    1 to 2 seasons suspended possibility
    Risk of quality once returning
    $1,800,000

Right or wrong, it's a bloody big call.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    4 years
    1 to 2 seasons suspended possibility
    Risk of quality once returning
    $1,800,000

Right or wrong, it's a bloody big call.
    It's only a big call if the trade is made prior to knowing ASADA's intentions.
    There is no way our club is going to make a trade without knowing what ASADA are doing.