Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lets Discuss - Tom Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    He looks the most capable on our list to be Minson's replacement.

Like you seem to be suggesting, we need to get some senior games into him this year - hopefully he can put in some strong performances at VFL level over the next few weeks and demand a game.
    Even though we lost this game last year it was against Crows I remember watching in the first quarter he did very well taking some good marks.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Even though we lost this game last year it was against Crows I remember watching in the first quarter he did very well taking some good marks.
    He did - good memory. Kicked our first goal too, which I remember cause I put a couple of dollars on him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    He did - good memory. Kicked our first goal too, which I remember cause I put a couple of dollars on him.
    Good bet you probably got a bit back
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Has he been playing forward or more ruck in the Magoos or floating betwwen both?

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget he had an interrupted preseason with a shoulder. Maybe needs a few more weeks.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redders70 View Post
    Has he been playing forward or more ruck in the Magoos or floating betwwen both?
    Ruck. Fort has been back up.

I think he's close but it's just not a good fit haging him and Will in the side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Ruck. Fort has been back up.

I think he's close but it's just not a good fit haging him and Will in the side.
    Is it any worse than having Redpath/Minson or Cordy/Minson in the team? Tom has at very least shown he can take a mark and kick a goal at AFL level.

I'd sooner give Campbell a game over the others mentioned, we really need Will to offer us something for 5-10 mins up forward to make this a viable option.
    Last edited by SlimPickens; 21-04-2015 at 11:26 AM.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Is it any worse than having Redpath/Minson or Crody/Minson in the team? Tom has at very least shown he can take a mark and kick a goal at AFL level.

I wish he was Croady.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I wish he was Croady.
    Gotta love autocorrect
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Is it any worse than having Redpath/Minson or Cordy/Minson in the team? Tom has at very least shown he can take a mark and kick a goal at AFL level.

I'd sooner give Campbell a game over the others mentioned, we really need Will to offer us something for 5-10 mins up forward to make this a viable option.
    I'd still like to give Redpath a bunch of games in succession. He didn't have a good first game but wasn't far off either. His omission was probably to do with keeping Boyd up forward rather than pinch ruck duties, I'd rather not have Boyd rucking but that's just me.

I'd rather have Campbell (when healthy) as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd still like to give Redpath a bunch of games in succession. He didn't have a good first game but wasn't far off either. His omission was probably to do with keeping Boyd up forward rather than pinch ruck duties, I'd rather not have Boyd rucking but that's just me.

I'd rather have Campbell (when healthy) as well.
    I'd still like to see Redpath in the backline.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    I'd still like to see Redpath in the backline.
    Played a little there last season from memory or maybe it was 2013. I've seen him lining up in the middle the last 2 weeks roving off Campbell which is odd.

Post Thanks / Like

Played a little there last season from memory or maybe it was 2013. I've seen him lining up in the middle the last 2 weeks roving off Campbell which is odd.
    He played there a bit in the first half of last season. I think Beveridge is trying to emulate what Hawthorn does periodically with Roughead. I have to say in the the numerous times he's gone into the centre bounce I can't recall Redpath winning any clearances.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Tom gets a run later in the year, but on his performance on the weekend he does not yet deserve the senior call. He didn't present much of an option at all anywhere other than the ruck. Whilst Minson plays, Campbell doesn't.

Post Thanks / Like

My hope is that as the window opens, Tom Campbell steps up as the bullocking, number 1 ruck, with Roughy as the mobile 2nd ruck who plays forward and provides an option.

This means we need to bring in another key defender. Hope we're knocking down the doors of Jake Carlisle's agent...
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.