Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2014 Membership Tally

Yes Yes, but we know you would tattoo your testicles red white and blue for charity if you had to.^_^
    I think if the Hawks and other clubs have created an international membership option, we should watch it closely.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Yes Yes, but we know you would tattoo your testicles red white and blue for charity if you had to.^_^
    I think if the Hawks and other clubs have created an international membership option, we should watch it closely.
    So true

Good idea to have a special package, something like the country membership we have now, but more specific to expats and others overseas.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

There are lots of expats like myself, for who there is no real membership option.
    I'll disagree with you there.

I've been a member for 17 years (another 12 years before that to, but not consecutively). For all of those 17 years, I have been living in WA. If I'm lucky, I get to see one live game a year.

The membership I purchase is not about what I get out out of it; I'm not interested in value for money ... its about how I can help the club. It's not a huge contribution, but in some small way, I feel I'm helping.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    So true

Good idea to have a special package, something like the country membership we have now, but more specific to expats and others overseas.
    Is this a (rather painful) nod to the tattooed testicles idea?
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Membership total update: 22,140

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Membership total update: 22,140
    This is really woeful by our supporter base when compared to other teams. Makes m feel sick in the stomach that we aren't well over 30,000 by now.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it's a depressing number.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

This is really woeful by our supporter base when compared to other teams. Makes m feel sick in the stomach that we aren't well over 30,000 by now.
    We've still got a lot of work to do, but all things considered, we're tracking about as well as one could've hoped at this stage of the year considering repeat bottom 4 finishes and possibly the worst ever draw for attendances yet.

Hopefully a win tonight and the intra-club game we can see some more jump on board.

By comparison, we were at 20,587 this time last year, so we have made a slight improvement.

Post Thanks / Like

The reality is that these figures are unsustainable. Chris Grant can't hand out flyers at every train station every say, and Peter can't keep chipping in millions of dollars each year. I firmly believe in some matters of government (etc) that it takes people to die to show that's something needs to change, not just common sense to avoid it. For the 30,000 non renewing members over the past 7 years, I'm sure they will be outraged and say the won't follow us when we sell more games, or go the Tassie option or just get treated worse in the comp. We shouldn't have to have a fight back style event again to get people who 'support' us to re-join. There is no real silver lining here, except maybe that St Kilda haven't jumped at the Tassie option to cover their costs to get out of Seaford.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

One of the main reasons I prefer us winning pre season games, as a supporter base our club will always be behind the 8-ball in regards to membership numbers, unfortunately alot of so called supporters do hold the club to ransom depending on how the side is travelling, and many take pre season results literally.

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't have an issue with the membership numbers. Yeah I'd love it to be higher but the reality is we have a low supporter base and we're rebuilding, start stringing some wins together and the numbers will grow. IMO our membership department have done a wonderful job over the last 2 seasons. Even though our membership numbers are small it's a strong foundation standing.

Try a half glass full for a change. You just might enjoy it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I really don't have an issue with the membership numbers. Yeah I'd love it to be higher but the reality is we have a low supporter base and we're rebuilding, start stringing some wins together and the numbers will grow. IMO our membership department have done a wonderful job over the last 2 seasons. Even though our membership numbers are small it's a strong foundation standing.

Try a half glass full for a change. You just might enjoy it.
    My glass is completely full on just about everything within the club at the moment (maybe overflowing), with the exception of our membership. The myth of the western suburbs growth leading to more membership is not transpiring. The belief wins will make a serious or long term is a fallacy. At the peak of our last successful period 5 years ago, it went up by a relatively small margin and fell as soon as we dropped back to the lowest membership in the AFL outside the expansion clubs. Cam Rose told me 8 or so years ago our major issue was membership retention, that we were losing around 15% annually. On comments attributed to President Peter Gordon recently, this problem still exists (circa losing 6,000 members annually still). There are no criticisms of the club, if there is a criticism it's with the mentality of some of our followers. The fact of a poor fixture, with games on Sunday arvo that will struggle for bums on seats does nothing for attracting potential sponsors.

So being concerned about membership based on actual knowledge of our circumstances and based on historical trends doesn't make anybody half full or half empty. I think the tone of WOOF has been exceedingly positive since late last season, but labelling those who have concerns about any aspect of footy and who can articulately state why they are concerned, and there actually bring a basis for same, as being negative or 'half empty' is unhelpful. If you don't agree that's fine, but not agreeing you doesn't make anyone anything.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Not doing our membership drive any favours with the fadeout tonight
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

All, I've cleared off a few posts that weren't in the spirit of the thread.
    For those concerned send me a PM if you want to discuss.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

While it is depressing we are on the road to being a more professional organization.
    If we just get the wins on the field and play footy that entertains, more members will come.
    Of course winning a premiership would do wonders.....