Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who should be next Captain

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    You really took that seriously? Come on, a bit of country humour never hurt anyone.
    *raises hand * guilty as charged. mental note to self - lighten up
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Can see Hrovat take over from Griffen
    Hrovat is the man - proven captaincy.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Hrovat is the man - proven captaincy.
    Was virtually BOG in every match he captained at the knights too. Obviously the tag works for him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Macca's "good bloke" recruiting policy is gonna make choosing the next skipper a difficult task. Wallis or Roughead would be my early favourites, but Libba, Hrovat and Macrae will also be leaders. Higgins has always been touted as a potential captain but that ship may have sailed: his priority must be his body. Matty Boyd has also mentioned Easton Wood as being a potential future skipper. I certainly thought he showed a lot of leadership in an undermanned back six during 2011.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zucvv View Post
    Nothing personal towards Smith, as much i love him, he really should go to the dentist to get his teeth done, a set of strong perfect teeth/jaw goes long way, is quite important for an athlete actually, it reflects a lot of things from a person's perspective health, state of mind, mental strength, life style, habits etc. could benefit the career especially someone aspiring to be a leader of the club, if not fixed properly, really not good for the long term especially injury-wise.
    Surely you're extracting the urine? A bloke's teeth are an indicator of his "state of mind', 'mental strength', 'lifestyle, habits'????

Or you simply a concerned orthodontist?
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

6. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Surely you're extracting the urine? A bloke's teeth are an indicator of his "state of mind', 'mental strength', 'lifestyle, habits'????

Or you simply a concerned orthodontist?
    I'd be using Phrenology to pick all of our recruits, as well as a captain.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

i know there will be someone picking on this. redicule or not i am puting out an opinion anyway. although taking account the dental record come picking a race horse could be a different story, a set of bad teeth definitely indicates the wellbeing in part of his body isn't going alright ie low density of the bones. call me superstitious or not, ACL injury could be one of many in years to come i am afraid. can't be too careful these days. seeing a dentist such a bad suggestion really?

Post Thanks / Like

i know there will be someone picking on this. redicule or not i am puting out an opinion anyway. although taking account the dental record come picking a race horse could be a different story, a set of bad teeth definitely indicates the wellbeing in part of his body isn't going alright ie low density of the bones. call me superstitious or not, ACL injury could be one of many in years to come i am afraid. can't be too careful these days. seeing a dentist such a bad suggestion really?
    Lol
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Understand where you're coming from, but being in an environment of daily fitness & dietary intake measurement and instruction, he'll be fine.

Libba Snr had a set of porcelain like the Himalayas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    Understand where you're coming from, but being in an environment of daily fitness & dietary intake measurement and instruction, he'll be fine.

Libba Snr had a set of porcelain like the Himalayas.
    Libba Snr, the only player to recover from an ACL injury before he acquired it.

12. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps we should all kick in to buy him a set of Da Vinci Porcelains.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Having watched a fair bit of the boys at training and having seen them in the rooms before a game, personally I'd have Roughead as our next captain. When he speaks the others stop and listen.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

15. Likes craigsahibee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

is Clay Smith cursed? hope him not a Williams Mark II, could definitely be a gun, sadly his body might not up to it.

Post Thanks / Like

is Clay Smith cursed? hope him not a Williams Mark II, could definitely be a gun, sadly his body might not up to it.
    Geez zucvv you really should have quoted your post about your prediction. Having said that are you able to lift the cursed, if in fact there is one?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

i hope i can azabob, i just bump this one up to get more attentions.