Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  17
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who should be next Captain

Kim Jong-Un is a good leader, a supreme leader in fact. Seems to be on the way out in North Korea, I wonder what it would take to get a trade done?

Post Thanks / Like

A crucial appointment. With so many impressionable young guys and experience running out the door this is our most crucial appointment. We need to rebuild our culture and give it some meaning to these young players, we need to do that quickly. You don't pick the best player, you pick the best leader. A guy who has the groups respect, a guy that can bring the group together and unite them towards a purpose. Make it unthinkable to leave for money or a better placed team. At the moment you could forgive our young players for thinking it is acceptable behavior. The 3 most admired cultures in the league started with Richie Vandenberg, Tom Harley and Stuey Maxfield as their captains. I don't care if the guy is a fringe player. You pick the best leader regardless of profile. Age and maturity are things you naturally take into account when judging a leader too.

As for who that man is it is hard to tell from outside. Wallis looks to have all the qualities to me but you really wouldn't know from where we stand. We don't have a huge amount of options. Most of our kids are too young, Wallis and Libba are almost ready in terms of age I guess. Murphy could do it but it would be a stop gap.

3. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As posted elsewhere, I like Murph as an option whether Griff in with us or not.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    As posted elsewhere, I like Murph as an option whether Griff in with us or not.
    Is Murph one of the unhappy senior players?
    I like Dale Morris as a captain.

Post Thanks / Like

Morris or Murphy with Roughead as the vice captain.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

7. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Morris or Murphy with Roughead as the vice captain.
    Yep, there is no one in the right age range. Give it to one of the older guys for a few seasons while an heir apparent matures.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Zaine'y idea for captain, he was in the falcon's leadership group this year. Not saying who that is though...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dale Morris. Done.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I have a Zaine'y idea for captain, he was in the falcon's leadership group this year. Not saying who that is though...
    Idiot!

I reckon give it to Jake Lever. He's spent the year practicing his leadership qualities.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    Idiot!

I reckon give it to Jake Lever. He's spent the year practicing his leadership qualities.
    Someone had to break from the serious stuff. If it's Lever, he's busy next year getting the orientation as leader of the Tommy Williams school for kids who cant' stay fit long and wanna play good. (aka rehab group leader) Not sure he'd have time for both roles.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Kim Jong-Un is a good leader, a supreme leader in fact. Seems to be on the way out in North Korea, I wonder what it would take to get a trade done?
    Would be worth it for the 24,895,480 jumpers we'd sell.

15. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Dale Morris. Done.
    Agreed - Dale should have got the job instead of Boyd at the time. Finally gets his chance.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd give it to any of our remaining senior players who holds the respect of the kids and of the coaching group. I'm hoping this might be Dale.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Hmmm, I nominate Zaine Cordy

Anyone second the nomination?..... BT cough cough.... Twodogs cough cough...
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

ROBERT MURPHY.
    Give him the captaincy so he can steer the ship for at least this year.