Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  17
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who should be next Captain

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Hmmm, I nominate Zaine Cordy

Anyone second the nomination?..... BT cough cough.... Twodogs cough cough...
    Hadn't thought of that. Great idea. Seconded.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

On the subject of Murphy, I can't wait to read his next article.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see Murphy as a leader, same with Morris really. We are short on options

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I don't see Murphy as a leader, same with Morris really. We are short on options
    He can step up for a season. He has the ability to do it and would be a great front man during this time.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He can step up for a season. He has the ability to do it and would be a great front man during this time.
    I agree. Think we need an interim at the moment and think he would be the most likely. Don't want to place this expectation on any of the younger brigade at the moment.

As for the younger brigade it is hard to know who would be the leaders among them but was thinking along the lines of Wallis; Libba or even Stevens. I have no idea why these 3 but just a gut feel.f

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's time for a dynasty. Time for a new long term leader, someone who can make a real mark with it, run with it and be a 10 year multiple premiership winning captain.

I think it's Libba for mine, or alternatively Jeremy Cameron.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Libba is the best option, has shown a lot of maturity since his slip up and seems to have the right personality to be a good general

8. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't give it to one of our 'kids' (Libba, Wallis, Hrovat etc) It would be a fair bit of pressure for a young player to be captain and may mess with their game (i.e Jack Trengrove)
    I would like to see the captaincy given to an older player (Morris, Murphy) for a couple of years, to give the younger players time to really set themselves up as players, before given the captaincy.
    I can see Roughy being captain soon. Love the way he speaks with the media, and gives direction out on the ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Woody313 View Post
    I wouldn't give it to one of our 'kids' (Libba, Wallis, Hrovat etc) It would be a fair bit of pressure for a young player to be captain and may mess with their game (i.e Jack Trengrove)
    I would like to see the captaincy given to an older player (Morris, Murphy) for a couple of years, to give the younger players time to really set themselves up as players, before given the captaincy.
    I can see Roughy being captain soon. Love the way he speaks with the media, and gives direction out on the ground.
    Oh yes I forgot about Roughy. Think he would be a prime candidate.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd probably give it to Rough, a bloke who seems respected by all and has played through injury. Off field he also exhibits the right qualities from an outsiders perspective.

12. Likes wimberga liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We need to find a true leader this time, not just give it to the best player on our list.
    Last edited by chef; 10-10-2014 at 09:41 AM.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    We need to find a true leader this time, not just give it to the best player on our lust.
    And more importantly give it to someone who actually wants it.

15. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    And more importantly give it to someone who actually wants it.
    I will never understand why Griff took it on if he didn't want it. Sure he may not have known at the time but it is something that once you have you need to lead from the front.

His lack of passion for the role is clearly evident as to how we performed in the last quarter of the season. It would have shown through in this body language and that would have rubbed off on the team. If the Captain isn't passionate then the rest of the team will struggle.

Post Thanks / Like

“Some are born leaders, some achieve leadership, and some have leadership thrust upon them. Which of these are you, or would you rather not bother?”

This quote resonates for me now more than ever. From Peter Gordon and Macca through to the boot studder and even us the fans. Now is the time to mentally recommit and use this pain as the stimulus to greater deeds. Mistakes have been made, learn from them. Opportunities will arise, grab them with both hands. Never ever show the bastards from other clubs your hurt and always stand by each other. That is the path to greatness. It is never easy and it is never without vast challenges and indeed many failures. It is indeed a great day to be alive and have the chance to fight once more.

Go dogs.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep - I believe Roughy is the right candidate to lead the club.