Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  35
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Round 1 vs WCE

JJ looks so close to putting it all together. I don't think he has poor disposal, It's just a decision making/confidence thing for mine. He is exactly what we need so I'm hoping he can get past it.

Having said that, Webb must be a slight chance for a round 1 spot now. With JJ needing confidence, Darley not putting his hand up and Biggs injured. Suddenly there is a spot there for the taking. He was very impressive. Fitness would be the biggest worry, but he really stepped it up in the 4th quarter on Saturday and seemed to run out the game as well as anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    You can work around Talia not being a great kick. If he beats one of the oppositions key forwards then that is a very good start.
    I don't think his kicking is anywhere as bad as banded around. There's a definite ceiling on how damaging he can be by foot, but he usually takes the most conservative option available; not always a bad thing.

With Dickson being singled out in the presser and Grant *actually* playing well on the weekend, I think they might both get starts. I'm pretty sure Crameri won't be playing, so shouldn't be too hard to facilitate.

I've got Darley ahead of JJ (I thought he was quite poor on the weekend), and Honeychurch has to be close. If Hamling is going to stop any KPF, it's a player like Kennedy (related note - can't wait till we play Hawkins and Cloke.)
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I think Darley has improved as a one on one defender and his kicking is better than JJ. I like JJs run alot though as he is just about the only one to break the line.

I have doubts on Hunter at this stage and prefer Honeychurch due to his physicality and more rounded game.

4. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I don't think his kicking is anywhere as bad as banded around. There's a definite ceiling on how damaging he can be by foot, but he usually takes the most conservative option available; not always a bad thing.

With Dickson being singled out in the presser and Grant *actually* playing well on the weekend, I think they might both get starts. I'm pretty sure Crameri won't be playing, so shouldn't be too hard to facilitate.

I've got Darley ahead of JJ (I thought he was quite poor on the weekend), and Honeychurch has to be close. If Hamling is going to stop any KPF, it's a player like Kennedy (related note - can't wait till we play Hawkins and Cloke.)
    How will we go against Geelong, with Clark and Hawkins to have to worry about!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    My updated side

B: Morris, Roughead, Wood
    HB: JJ, Hamling, Murphy
    C: Picken, Wallis, Macrae
    HF: Crameri, T. Boyd, Hunter
    F: Dahl, Redpath, Stringer
    R: Minson, Bonts, Jong
    I/C: Grant, Stevens, M.Boyd
    Sub: Hrovat

Going with Hamling over Talia. Hrovat is sub to look after him with the injury. If one of Crameri/Hrovat our out I would bring in Honeychurch. If both are out, I'd bring in Dickson as well.

Would like to have another good ball user like Darley but he is just far too 1D for mine atm. I have Caleb Daniel very close to the 22.
    I like the look of your team with some minor adjustments. Would prefer Talia or Roberts at CHB and play Hambling in the back pocket as the third big defender, allowing Wood to replace JJ on the back flank. I would also like to see Bontempelli played in the centre to match Priddis and other quality centremen such as Watson, Mitchell and Joel Selwood. Dahlhaus looks better as a half forward flanker allowing Hrovat to play out of the forward pocket.

Post Thanks / Like

On the opposition front, it looks like Nic Nat is playing his first game this weekend, so quite likely he will play round 1 against us and give us a few headaches.
    Darling is about to resume training but might be unlikely or very underdone for round 1, Selwood also looks like he is ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    I like the look of your team with some minor adjustments. Would prefer Talia or Roberts at CHB and play Hambling in the back pocket as the third big defender, allowing Wood to replace JJ on the back flank. I would also like to see Bontempelli played in the centre to match Priddis and other quality centremen such as Watson, Mitchell and Joel Selwood. Dahlhaus looks better as a half forward flanker allowing Hrovat to play out of the forward pocket.
    As this is a round 1 side I would say Roberts definitely would be available by then, Hrovat would be unlikely and Stevens also may be underdone for match practice if he doesn't play this weekend. That opens up some holes for others.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    As this is a round 1 side I would say Roberts definitely would be available by then, Hrovat would be unlikely and Stevens also may be underdone for match practice if he doesn't play this weekend. That opens up some holes for others.
    We will miss Stevens and Hrovat if they can't play. Who comes in? Does it drop away pretty quickly looking for replacements for those two? Based on Rocco Jones' selections it would be players such as (in my order of prefs) Honeychurch (who would be stiff to miss out anyway after the first 2 NAB Cup matches), Dickson, Darley, Prudden or perhaps Daniel?
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

So after tonight who is out who is in?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

This round one team has been 12 mnths and 1 day in the making! Longest team selection thread ever!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

B: Morris, Roughead, JJ
    HB: Murphy, Talia, Wood
    C: Grant, Honeychurch, Macrae
    HF: Dahlhaus, Redpath, Picken
    F: Dickson, T Boyd, Stringer
    R: Minson, Bontempelli, Jong
    IC: Cordy, M Boyd, Wallis, Goodes (sub)

Edit - forgot Stringer (knew I'd forgotten someone...).
    Last edited by Go_Dogs; 22-03-2015 at 12:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    B: Morris, Roughead, Hamling
    HB: Murphy, Talia, Wood
    C: JJ, Honeychurch, Macrae
    HF: Dahlhaus, Redpath, Picken
    F: Dickson, T Boyd, Grant
    R: Minson, Bontempelli, Jong
    IC: Cordy, M Boyd, Wallis, Goodes (sub)
    Crameri & Stringer hard done by?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

B: Morris, Roughead, Wood
    HB: JJ, Hamling, Murphy
    C: Picken, Wallis, Macrae
    HF: Crameri, T. Boyd, Dickson
    F: Dahl, Redpath, Stringer
    R: Minson, Bonts, Jong
    I/C: Grant, Cordy, M.Boyd
    Sub: Honeychurch

------------

Talia a little unlucky - he has been OK but I don't think we'll need an abundance of key backs v West Coast, and with Redpath (and Cordy) we do have some options. Hamling gets first crack as the CHB who has performed pretty well in the pre-season.

Honeychurch may start with Grant as the sub. I would be fine with either, but I think a player like Grant is better off starting from the first bounce. I think playing two rucks is something Bev will want to do, coming from Hawthorn who did the same, and Cordy is in surprisingly good form and deserves a spot IMO. In the last two games Cordy has shown he can float back/forward too, so the flexibility is a big bonus.

We're pretty tall with the likes of Rough/Hamling/Minson/Cordy/Redpath/Boyd/Cordy and Crameri/Stringer too, but they give us structure and most of them are flexible in that they can play multiple positions. Crameri/Stringer likely to play more midfield minutes as required and one of the talls can be subbed halfway through the third.

Great competition for spots considering that Libba (inj), Hrovat (inj), Hunter (susp.), Stevens, Goodes, Daniel and Darley miss out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    So after tonight who is out who is in?
    Going to be very hard to leave Hamling, Dickson and Grant out. Redpath is a lock. Tom Boyd is doing a job as the biggest forward.

I would think Ayce and Campbell will start in the VFL. Minson with the T Boyd chop out for ruck. Goodes and Daniel will be stiff to miss but will get opportunities later.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, Honeychurch should be a lock for round 1.