Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  35
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Round 1 vs WCE

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Stevens will be better for the run and has another week. Against his old side I think he is a chance. JJ's form concerns me.
    Agree that if Crameri comes in thing might change a bit
    On Darley's form yesterday GVG he is a chance to replace JJ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    On Darley's form yesterday GVG he is a chance to replace JJ?
    Darley doesn't have JJ's flair but uses the ball a bit better. JJ should be ahead of him but it's close.
    JJ is just undoing some great run with poor disposal.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How does everyone feel about Crameri coming straight into round one without any full match play under his belt?
    Despite his obvious talent and fitness, it's still a massive leap to come straight into a full length AFL game. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the sub/planned to be subbed out, or plays with Footscray for a week or two.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd select Crameri. He has amazing aerobic fitness and the mismatches he would help create up forward may offset any performance concerns around lack of match fitness.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    How does everyone feel about Crameri coming straight into round one without any full match play under his belt?
    Despite his obvious talent and fitness, it's still a massive leap to come straight into a full length AFL game. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the sub/planned to be subbed out, or plays with Footscray for a week or two.
    It's not an easy call but I'd nearly run with it. I guess the form that both Grant and Dickson displayed last night might mean we could wait. The problem being that the first Footscray game isn't until 18th of April. I'm not sure what their schedule is for practice games.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

It's not an easy call but I'd nearly run with it. I guess the form that both Grant and Dickson displayed last night might mean we could wait. The problem being that the first Footscray game isn't until 18th of April. I'm not sure what their schedule is for practice games.
    VFL Practise matches:

Saturday 28 March
    2:00pm vs North Ballarat
    Eureka Stadium

Saturday 4 April
    11:00am vs Geelong
    Simonds Stadium

Saturday 11 April
    10:00am vs Richmond
    Punt Rd Oval
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess a lot of it depends on when he is actually able to play as well. If he can play from round one, it is probably a 50-50 call. If it is delayed at all, and he can't play competitive football for longer, then I would say he certainly has to come in via the VFL. Particularly if Grant/Dickson/Honeychurch/Goodes etc keep playing like they did last night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I'd be inclined to bring him through the VFL. It's a tough one though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    VFL Practise matches:

Saturday 28 March
    2:00pm vs North Ballarat
    Eureka Stadium

Saturday 4 April
    11:00am vs Geelong
    Simonds Stadium

Saturday 11 April
    10:00am vs Richmond
    Punt Rd Oval
    No AFL listed players will play against North Ballarat
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    No AFL listed players will play against North Ballarat
    I believe players who miss NAB Challenge games due to injury can get permission to play. Hrovat and Fletcher Roberts are two that spring to mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Against the Pies we played Minson, Cordy. Redpath, T.Boyd, Roughead, Talia & Hamling. Whilst is worked a treat with 4 on the bench and 2 subs, I still doubt we can play all of the previously mentioned with just 3 on the pine and 1 sub.

Roughy, Talia, Hamling can all play. Hamling has already showed great flexibility and is ideal to play on the 3rd tall types. Morris can be left to take the resting gun midfielder/dangerous small.

I'm not sure the other 4 can all play though. It would probably work if we had no injuries and could sub one off half way through the third quarter. But we all know it's not as simple as that.

I guess it brings up the question, do we just need to keep playing T.Boyd even though with Cordy's form he may not be best 22 currently?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    Against the Pies we played Minson, Cordy. Redpath, T.Boyd, Roughead, Talia & Hamling. Whilst is worked a treat with 4 on the bench and 2 subs, I still doubt we can play all of the previously mentioned with just 3 on the pine and 1 sub.

Roughy, Talia, Hamling can all play. Hamling has already showed great flexibility and is ideal to play on the 3rd tall types. Morris can be left to take the resting gun midfielder/dangerous small.

I'm not sure the other 4 can all play though. It would probably work if we had no injuries and could sub one off half way through the third quarter. But we all know it's not as simple as that.

I guess it brings up the question, do we just need to keep playing T.Boyd even though with Cordy's form he may not be best 22 currently?
    Spine - Roughead, Talia, Wallis, Redpath, Boyd
    Rucks, Minson, Cordy
    3rd Tall Hamling?

Maybe, but I think one will miss out.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Good question Jaytee, I think Boyd has to play. Cordy & Redpath are fighting for 2nd ruck spot and Minson and Campbell are fighting for the number one ruck spot.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Good question Jaytee, I think Boyd has to play. Cordy & Redpath are fighting for 2nd ruck spot and Minson and Campbell are fighting for the number one ruck spot.
    I don't think he is ready for challenging number one just yet. Minson showed on Saturday, he is still number one. In fact Cordy is ahead of Campbell.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be against playing Crameri on the fact that he hasn't played a game since last August.
    That is different from being out for a few weeks then coming back mid-season, he's effectively been out for 6 months.

We showed on the weekend that we have a few options for high half forwards and they should be rewarded.

17. Likes F'scary liked this post