Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  35
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Round 1 vs WCE

Yep Talia has to play. Hamling is a Dustin Fletcher type and cannot play on big CHFs yet.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Could Goodes be a candidate for the sub role?
    Absolutely another good candidate.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's mine

B: Morris, Roughead, Hamling
    HB: Murphy, Talia, M. Boyd
    C: Grant, Wallis, Jong
    HF: Dickson, Redpath, Dahlhaus
    F: Picken, T.Boyd, Stringer
    R: Minson, Bontempelli, Macrae
    Int: Wood, Honeychurch, Johanissen, Hrovat (Sub)
    Emg: Stevens, Goodes, Crameri

Think the team stays relatively the same as last week, although with the reduction in bench from the NAB Challenge can't find spots for Cordy, Goodes or Daniel. Pretty close run thing for a bench spot between Honeychurch, Goodes, Stevens, Daniel, Jong, Grant, Dickson, JJ and even Darley.
    Could also see them opting for a smaller defender and some run over Hamling but expect he'll get the opportunity to prove himself.
    Whichever way the ruling goes, I think Crameri needs some game time at VFL level. If Hrovat is fit I like him a lot as the sub, although Stevens or Goodes would work also. Certainly tight for spots. Interested to see if JJ is ok after the clash with Grant last week. I've loved his run in the pre-season, his disposal...not so much.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

B: Morris; Roughead; Hamling
    HB: Murphy; Talia; Wood
    C: Macrae; Bontempelli; M.Boyd
    HF: Picken; Redpath; Dahlhaus
    F: Dickson; T.Boyd; Stringer
    R: Minson; Jong; Wallis
    Int: Grant; Goodes; Hrovat
    Sub: C.Daniel
    Emerg; Cordy; Honeychurch; Stevens

Just some question marks around the absolute rock hard fitness of Stevens at this stage. I don't think we could take both him and Hrovat in after they've missed some footy. JJ, Honeychurch and Cordy unlucky.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post

Just some question marks around the absolute rock hard fitness of Stevens at this stage. I don't think we could take both him and Hrovat in after they've missed some footy. JJ, Honeychurch and Cordy unlucky.

I think honey or Hrovat might be the sub, Daniel and Stevens to miss out.
    The other question mark is if we go for the four tall defenders, plus Wood, Murphy.
    The Weagles won't have Darling but will have Nic Nat/Lycett, Kennedy and possibly a youngster to fill in for Darling like Nelson.
    So in summary they aren't as strong in the talls as they normally are against us.
    No Cox, no Darling. Theoretically Roughead to go to Nic Nat or Lycett, Talia on Kennedy (or vice versa), that gives Morris an easier job on the third tall if they play one. Hamling then doesn't really have a match up. We still have Wood who can play tallish, and we have to cover the dangerous LeCras and at the same time let Murhpy loose with some freedom to create.
    This could mean that JJ comes in for Hamling, or if we play Boyd back then another midfielder in like Stevens or Daniel.

I think we will win this game as I think we are cherry ripe and I have my doubts over the Weagles, will probably be close though, could see us trying to hold on to an early lead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I think Wood might be a good sub for the game. I'd like to see a genuine runner start off the HBF. As the game slows, his big frame, run and long kicking could be more valuable.

Smith, Crameri & Hrovat coming into some above (and Libba next year). The future is bright, but the season is long. But I hope we are given a ride this year as members.
    Wood is a starting 18 player with his eyes close.

Post Thanks / Like

Crammers comes straight back in form mine.
    Boyd & Redpath & Stringer & Bonti in the forwardline at times means there is no way in hell he gets the no 1 or 2 forward. Give him some touch against a WCE line up missing their best KPDs
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post

I'd have the Honey in for Hrovat ( needs more game time)

Post Thanks / Like

For the record - I probably wouldn't put Crameri straight in for round 1.
    Match fitness can only really be obtained from playing matches - and I'd like to see him get at least one game under his belt.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't underestimate the enormous emotional toll today's verdict would be taking on Cramers. He felt strongly enough about the saga to leave his club, he has finally been granted the relief (hopefully not temporarily) of a not guilty verdict and I think it would be very prudent for Bevo and the MC to sit down with Stew to see where his head is at. He could realistically land on either end of the spectrum if he plays against the Eagles — he might put in an absolute shocker, and nobody could blame him; or he just might play like a man with the shackles released and kick a dozen.

I'd be surprised if this chat hasn't already been had, and the different scenarios (guilty, not guilty, etc) already laid out.

I'm happy with either option as long as Cramers' is OK, TBH.

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The way Monty spoke about Crameri, and the difficulty of getting sufficient match practice-type load into him, about 2-3 weeks ago, to me, would suggest he is long odds to be considered for round 1.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree, no passengers for round 1.

Crameri has got to play a couple at Footscray first.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

While I think Crameri needs one game at Footscray, Essendon will be playing about 12 players or more without any pre-season games.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Crameri comes straight in for mine. He is quality and we need quality. Should Gold Coast not play Ablett because he hasn't played any NAB games? Sydney and Franklin? St Kilda and N Roo?

He hasn't missed a beat all season and is ready to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Whoever is picked for Round 1, it is certainly a pleasing position to be in where preseason form has been reasonable and there is real competition for at least 6 of the 22 positions.

I think there should be acknowledgment of players like Jong, Redpath, Dickson, Grant, Honeychurch, Goodes, Hamling and Talia for putting their hands up so strongly for selection. They are the ones who have really turned our list around in such a short time.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon