Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  35
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Round 1 vs WCE

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    He seemed to get a number of his kicks in the backline against Collingwood.
    Picken went back into defence when JJ was substituted after his clash with Jarryd (the crusher) Grant.

I think we'll see Picken play a variety of roles this year but expect him to start up forward this Saturday...may even play a defensive forward role on Hurn.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Picken went back into defence when JJ was substituted after his clash with Jarryd (the crusher) Grant.

I think we'll see Picken play a variety of roles this year but expect him to start up forward this Saturday...may even play a defensive forward role on Hurn.
    Sat next to him last week at the season launch and asked him where he will play. He said the coach wants everyone to be flexible, so will depend on match-ups, so your analysis is spot on.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Still pretty ambiguous, you could argue Morris isn't really a tall these days
    Got say, I like what I saw of Hamlet in the NAB Cup, he's very versatile.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

4. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Competition on the club website:

Go into the draw to win a 2015 Western Bulldogs team-signed football, simply by selecting the team - in their correct positions - as they will line-up to the West Coast Eagles in Round 1.

Who starts in the middle? Who gets the green subs vest? Select your team now, and go into the draw to win.

Entries close 6:00pm Thursday 2 April, 2015.

Link

6. Thanks Scraggers thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    I don't understand how a guy how has had zero match practice for over six months can suddenly play round 1.
    He's had a great training period and while I would prefer to have at least one game behind him I can see why we might select him

How many players will Essendon field that are in a similar situation to Crameri?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

8. Likes Stevo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He's had a great training period and while I would prefer to have at least one game behind him I can see why we might select him

How many players will Essendon field that are in a similar situation to Crameri?
    Yep. Why couldn't we play him out of the square with Boyd? I'm sure that'd be better for him than killing at levels below.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting tidbit from Mitch Wallis that he will not be a tagger anymore
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Interesting tidbit from Mitch Wallis that he will not be a tagger anymore
    Do you think thats about mindset and recalibrating him back to winning more of the footy and having an impact the other way?

Post Thanks / Like

Noticed Hamling and CD not training today in what looks a fairly robust session, this all but rules them out for contention Saturday.

13. Thanks F'scary thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    While I think Crameri needs one game at Footscray, Essendon will be playing about 12 players or more without any pre-season games.
    That's unavoidable on Essendon's part. We have the luxury of choice in this area where they don't. I get your point that not having played a pre-season game doesn't mean Crameri can't play, the real question is merely whether he should.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    That's unavoidable on Essendon's part. We have the luxury of choice in this area where they don't. I get your point that not having played a pre-season game doesn't mean Crameri can't play, the real question is merely whether he should.
    Of course he should. He has been through all the prep...he is a proven (and our only proven) goal-kicker.

It isn't like there is a lot of competition for his spot - Crameri drives me crazy but you can mark him down for 2 goals, one goal assist and 4 inside 50's each week...we need that. To me we can win this game but without Crameri it would be sooooo much harder.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

16. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Of course he should. He has been through all the prep...he is a proven (and our only proven) goal-kicker.

It isn't like there is a lot of competition for his spot - Crameri drives me crazy but you can mark him down for 2 goals, one goal assist and 4 inside 50's each week...we need that. To me we can win this game but without Crameri it would be sooooo much harder.
    Agree Completely.

He adds to the team, irrespective of how long it's been since he played.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Do you think thats about mindset and recalibrating him back to winning more of the footy and having an impact the other way?
    I think this year will be the making of Wallis, his problem is he is perfectly suited to the Libba role but we already had a Libba
    This is what he said about us replacing Libba and about tagging

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/vi...tch-wallis-rd1
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

I am strongly in the 'play Crameri camp'. I cant wait to see the forward line of Boyd, Stringer, Crameri, Redpath, Lukey D etc

Post Thanks / Like

One thing is for sure Crameri's tank will hold him in good stead when others are wilting