Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New proposal for AFL games in Ballarat

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Already much, much better than Spotless Stadium.

The front row seats are going to be right over the action.

They might want to work on the surface a bit.
    AFL premiers 2016
    VFL premiers 2016

Get this bus in top gear. Get me out of here.

Post Thanks / Like

It looks great but we've already outgrown it.
    They need to complete the whole stadium not 3 quarters of it.
    Great. I need one more thing. Soda. Yeah, I don't want my guys paying for soda. I want you to stock my machine for three years. I'm serious.

"Lets roll and hey...lets do it to them before they do it to us"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Went to a game at Spotless last year and thought it was a great venue! Although the result may lend some bias
    The ground had allocated two seats in every row of the cheer squad (inc. mine), but they were the stairs so we had no seats. Staff were borderline calling us liars and wouldn't simply walk down the stairs, wouldn't give us seats initially and told us we couldn't sit on the stairs where we were allocated. They forced dogs members far and wide across the ground in the end after we started to get antsy. Including sending frail old ladies to the top of the grandstand. I got to sit in the cheer squad in the end, but with one scoreboard, and sitting low we couldn't a see a fair bit of play down the other end, or we had to sit with back to play. Beer sold out before half time at the Bulldogs end. I can't even joke about the venue or staff being ok. The only upside was getting a lot of us pissed off and then us giving it Heath Shaw who was nice to give us daggers and flick us the bird surupticiously from time to time. It's nice to know he heard us, in between getting crazy gestures and sprays from Libba.

Seriously shit venue.
    I'm worth a million in prizes, with my torture film. Drive a G.T.O. Wear a uniform. All on a government loan.

I'm worth a million in prizes. Yeah I'm through with sleeping on the sidewalk - no more beating my brains. No more beating my brains. With the liquor and drugs. With the liquor and drugs.

Well I am just a modern guy, of course I've had it in the ear before. 'Cause of a lust for life. 'Cause of a lust for life. I got a lust for life.

4. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to mention what the hell are they building in the Bulldog pocket?
    Looks like a friggin mountain bike course.
    ''Dogs are Talking''- The Angels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redders70 View Post
    Not to mention what the hell are they building in the Bulldog pocket?
    Looks like a friggin mountain bike course.

In all seriousness the other day on the telly they said it was an obstacle course. It looks like an obstacle course.
    AFL premiers 2016
    VFL premiers 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    The ground had allocated two seats in every row of the cheer squad (inc. mine), but they were the stairs so we had no seats. Staff were borderline calling us liars and wouldn't simply walk down the stairs, wouldn't give us seats initially and told us we couldn't sit on the stairs where we were allocated. They forced dogs members far and wide across the ground in the end after we started to get antsy. Including sending frail old ladies to the top of the grandstand. I got to sit in the cheer squad in the end, but with one scoreboard, and sitting low we couldn't a see a fair bit of play down the other end, or we had to sit with back to play. Beer sold out before half time at the Bulldogs end. I can't even joke about the venue or staff being ok. The only upside was getting a lot of us pissed off and then us giving it Heath Shaw who was nice to give us daggers and flick us the bird surupticiously from time to time. It's nice to know he heard us, in between getting crazy gestures and sprays from Libba.

Seriously shit venue.
    No wonder you and my dad got on so well. It's exactly the sort of thing he works himself up about too. "Did you see Bont's goal dad?" "No, I've been glaring at a bloke over there. He was shouting too loud"
    AFL premiers 2016
    VFL premiers 2016

8. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Went to a game at Spotless last year and thought it was a great venue! Although the result may lend some bias
    Loved spotless as a venue to watch footy.
    The Western Bulldogs.....shortest premiership drought in the league.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    The front row seats are going to be right over the action.

They might want to work on the surface a bit.
    The surface is fantastic, you wouldn't find a better surface anywhere.