Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 5 vs Carlton

Brett Goodes has been given a 1 week suspension for striking in the VFL. He's not going to be available this week.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Backs L Picken T Young E Wood
    Half backs S Higgins T Williams R Murphy
    Centreline A Cooney R Griffen J Macrae
    Half forwards K Stevens S Crameri M Wallis
    Forwards L Dahlhaus L Jones D Giansiracusa
    Followers W Minson M Boyd T Liberatore
    Interchange (from): M Bontempelli J Stringer, J Tutt, L Hunter, M Talia, T Campbell, L Jong

Post Thanks / Like

In for me
    Talia Bonts
    Out Morris Jong

Post Thanks / Like

Had a look at the Footscray team and only Tutt and Campbell are in the VFL side. Are we playing around with this? Perhaps the extra emergency just in case Tom Williams isn't playing? Really harsh on Tutt if he misses out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Had a look at the Footscray team and only Tutt and Campbell are in the VFL side. Are we playing around with this? Perhaps the extra emergency just in case Tom Williams isn't playing? Really harsh on Tutt if he misses out.
    Very harsh. Tutt did alright when he came on and coming on as sub is a tough gig, unless you are Gia. Maybe he was a direct swap for Lukey D?

Post Thanks / Like

But then Stringer or Hunter? It seems like inconsistency of messaging is starting to creep in and I hate it. Stringer plays behind all game and had had a truly shit start to the season but he gets to stay? Tutt had a real crack, does all the team things (to my eyes) and is publically lauded and had to go.

Its getting uncool Macca.

Post Thanks / Like

Official:

In: Bontempelli, Talia, Dahlhaus
    Out: Tutt (Omitted), Hunter (Omitted), Morris (Ankle)

Very stiff on Tutt. I am not a fan of his, but he did everything he possibly could last week after coming on. I would have played him instead of Jong.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'll be damned if Hunter hasn't brought more to our forward line in every one of the previous four games than Stringer.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Well I'll be damned if Hunter hasn't brought more to our forward line in every one of the previous four games than Stringer.
    Completely agree. Stringer is named on the bench though so maybe he will be sub as his wake up call.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Probably a bit of a message in that I think. Has been good but a few things started to creep into his game last week that were a bit over the top and showboat-ey. Just a little tap on the shoulder warning him not to get ahead of himself and to remember the basics.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Probably a bit of a message in that I think. Has been good but a few things started to creep into his game last week that were a bit over the top and showboat-ey. Just a little tap on the shoulder warning him not to get ahead of himself and to remember the basics.
    This applies much more to Stringer than Hunter imo.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    If anyone has been trying to play like a millionaire it's Stringer. Really hoping he proves me wrong on Sunday and has an impact, but thus far he has been very poor.
    I don't disagree, I have been questioning Jake's spot for a few weeks. Just my thoughts on why Hunter didn't make the side. I thought Tutt was the most disappointing exclusion, couldn't have done much more last week and it sends a poor message to the guys in the same sort of class.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    I don't disagree, I have been questioning Jake's spot for a few weeks. Just my thoughts on why Hunter didn't make the side. I thought Tutt was the most disappointing exclusion, couldn't have done much more last week and it sends a poor message to the guys in the same sort of class.
    I'm sure you're right and it's a wake up call, but even wake up calls have to be made on the basis of merit. For mine Hunter played well enough even last week to keep his spot comfortably. Stringer has been in our worst few players in pretty well every game.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Could it be a process of rotating young players through the team pretty much irrespective of form? For instance, unless they're playing exceptionally well or exceptionally badly they're being given a set program to work to at senior level and then some time at the lower level?

I'd have given Tutt a full game this week, rather than drop him. He's very stiff for mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Could it be a process of rotating young players through the team pretty much irrespective of form? For instance, unless they're playing exceptionally well or exceptionally badly they're being given a set program to work to at senior level and then some time at the lower level?

I'd have given Tutt a full game this week, rather than drop him. He's very stiff for mine.
    Hunter isn't named for Footscray so could very well be just a rest